Windows 10: Not able to brighten the screen with hot keys

Discus and support Not able to brighten the screen with hot keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; As of lately, while pressing shortcuts Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 the screen gets only darker on my Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH on Windows 10. Normally, Fn+F5... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jan_Dab, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Jan_Dab Win User

Not able to brighten the screen with hot keys

As of lately, while pressing shortcuts Fn+F5 and Fn+F6 the screen gets only darker on my Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH on Windows 10. Normally, Fn+F5 darkens the screen, while Fn+F6 brightens it. After clicking this combination by habit too many times, the screen turns black and the only way to restore the screen's brightness is to restart the system.How to fix it?

:)

Jan_Dab, Jul 17, 2021

2. hot keys to lower or brighten the screen

a while back i updated to windows 10, ever since that happened i was no longer able to use the hot keys/ functions on my samsung laptop to brighten the screen or make it less bright. in my computer i would have to use the key Fn and then use the up arrow
    to brighten the screen or if i wanted to make it less bright i would have to use the Fn key and the use the down arrow. is there a way i can fix it and have the access to those functions again?

gustavovazquez1, Jul 17, 2021
  3. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jul 17, 2021
  4. malonet3 Win User

brighten screen

I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes.

malonet3, Jul 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Not able to brighten the screen with hot keys - Similar Threads - able brighten screen

2. Hot Keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hot Keys: I'm using Windows 10 and playing games using a Microsoft controller. When using a controller I only have three keys on the controller that I don't need, that I can use as Hot Keys. I need more keys to use as Hot Keys. Since the keyboard is turned off when I'm using a...
  3. hot keys

hot keys: how to disable hot keys win 10 home https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/5f94d57f-aa17-4f41-a873-0a70e94211ac
  4. Hot Keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot Keys: When I press F7 it is supposed to pause, but it doesn't. When I press Nn F7 it also doesn't pause. I have an air mouse which has a pause button but that also doesn't work please help!!!...
  5. Screen automatic brightening?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen automatic brightening?: When I open up word or play games on my laptop the brightness always automatically goes to 100% brightness. I don't know why it does this but it is super annoying especially when I work on school work in the middle of the night. Please help...
  6. Hot Keys

Hot Keys: I updated my Windows and I can not use my hot keys or short or short key like Ctrl+C or Ctrl +F. I already change configuration on the ControL Panel and it did not work : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/99efe8be-59aa-40ae-bd92-1b8fcdf27694
  7. Hot key

Hot key: I need to input my email address umpteen times and wonder if there is a method that I can program this into a hot key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-key/afda7900-16b8-4d77-bea3-82c2e69eb196
  8. Hot keys

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hot keys: Hi. I have been provided a Lenovo laptop for work. While getting everything set I have noticed a lot of the hot keys are mixed up. When I press shift + (` 2 3 or ') or even the hash tag button without shift they give me the wrong symbol. I have tried running the...
  9. Hot keys

Hot keys: How to disable hotkeys in latest version of windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-keys/56b08fc0-5735-41df-9613-7548603791cc
  10. brighten screen

brighten screen: I am trying to brighten my screen but for some reason when I go to the display screen it doesn't give me the option to brighten my screen only to turn the nightlight on or off but even when I click on it nothing changes....