Windows 10: Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

Discus and support Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, Since the 23rd March I have been unable to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome. my now TV internet is still working correctly as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by martynpoore, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

Hello guys,

Since the 23rd March I have been unable to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome. my now TV internet is still working correctly as my partners Apple Mac and both of our phones are still working. However, my laptop displays NO INTERNET connection with the yellow warning sign briefly when I turn on but then changes to internet access and all seems well. My emails are not connecting, windows update cannot connect or my hp support assistant will not load along with the internet which would suggest that I have no connection. upon opening a browser it try to open www.view-search.com as it has before but spins for a minute and then nothing. On the odd occasion it has opened google but will go no further than that. There is clearly some connectivity at times as once in a while once a day at most my emails will update. I am a school teacher and remotely work on the desktop at times. This is connecting fine and I can browse the web once remotely working. However, once back on my desktop; nothing. I have removed bit defender as I wondered if it was this but this I have had for 6 months and had no problems before. I am now just running windows antivirus installed on computer. I have run windows troubleshooting and sometimes get 'windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings' and began trying to fix this problem through googling proxy issues. I have tried the following:

reset TCP/ IP

Checked proxy settings inetcpl.cpl

uninstalled antivirus

tried restoring system to last update this has not solved issue

Performed an SFC scan

DISM scan

Reset internet settings

Restarted network adaptor

Enable DNS server address automatically

Changed proxy settings

Run network troubleshooter

None of this has fixed the problem and the troubleshooter is not even consistent with the 'proxy server' message. Sometimes it is saying that it cannot find a problem. I am stuck and extremely frustrated as this has occurred completely out of the blue. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am running an HP 360 convertible with windows 10.

Regards,

Martyn

:)

martynpoore, Mar 28, 2020
  2. Ma. Lau Win User

Homepage problem with Internet Explorer and Chrome

Hello Steve,

For better assistance, we would like to know more information about your concern.

• Are you getting an error message or code?
    • When did the issue first occur?
    • What is the exact activity that you are trying to do when you access Chrome?
    You mentioned that you can see DSL upon accessing Chrome but able to surf. If the issue is not occurring in Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you contact Chrome for better and advance assistance.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Ma. Lau, Mar 28, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    hero finnone website open in google chrome but not in internet explorer why?

Hello Shashi,

We have tried on the link on our end and it seemed to work fine on all browsers. That being said, this could be an issue with Internet Explorer itself. To better assist you, we’d like to know the following information:

• Which version of Internet Explorer are you using?
    • Were you able to access this website before in Internet Explorer?
    • Have you made any specific changes with Internet Explorer prior to the issue?

In the meantime, I suggest that you clear the browsing history in Internet Explorer by following the steps on this

link

We’ll keep an eye out for your response.

Anna Bol, Mar 28, 2020
  4. Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

Internet Explorer as well as Edge crashes multiple times

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

I understand you are facing crashing issues on both the Edge browser as well as Internet Explorer. This might be due to corruption on the browsers. I suggest you to clear and reset the browser settings and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided to reset Internet Explorer, in the link below.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer
    Settings feature might also reset parental control settings. We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature.

Further try resetting Edge and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
    Refer the steps below to reset Edge.

Steps:-

1. First of all launch Microsoft Edge Browser.

2. After that click on “More action” option which is visible at top right side of the browser and you will see “Settings”
    option.

3. Under “Settings” scroll down and you will see a button “Choose what to clear” under “Clear browsing data” option.

4. Once you click on this option you will see list of feature like

• Browsing History
    • Cookies and saved website data
    • Cached data and file
    • Download history
    • Form data
    • Password.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Mar 28, 2020
Thema:

Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome

1. Not able to browse on edge, internet explorer or chrome - Similar Threads - able browse edge

2. To access internet explorer when I browse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    To access internet explorer when I browse.: Trying to change the recycle bin sound when I click browse it opens the windows media folder. How do I get it to open my file explorer where my WAV sounds are stored. Tried copying a WAV sound into it but it doesn't show....
  3. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER: Hello, I am not able to browse the specific web server using Edge browser, though it works using Google Chrome from the same PC. i ahve checked following already and could conclude the resason. " dns " is set to " automatic " on the network property NSLOOKUP givne the correct...
  4. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER: Hello, I am not able to browse the specific web server using Edge browser, though it works using Google Chrome from the same PC. i ahve checked following already and could conclude the resason. " dns " is set to " automatic " on the network property NSLOOKUP givne the correct...
  5. NOT ABLE TO BROWSE USING EDGE BROWSER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Network showing up as "No Internet" but able to browse the internet with no issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network showing up as "No Internet" but able to browse the internet with no issues: Hello! I am having an odd issue with Windows for the last couple of months where windows reports that i have no internet connection however i am able to browse the internet with no issues at all, I have tried manually configuring my network settings, letting DHCP configure...
  7. Not able to download Google Chrome from Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer

Not able to download Google Chrome from Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer: Hi, I uninstalled google chrome due to various reasons and tried installing it again through Edge or Internet Explorer. But every time I try to install it says file contained virus and it delete's it. So is there any other way I can install Google Chrome. Please Help me....
  8. unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser

unable to browse the internet in anything but the edge browser: I have a fresh install of windows 10 pro. after installing, the first thing I did was install chrome. and it worked until I installed updates to windows, after that only edge was able to brows websites. edge works windows update works battle.net works chrome does not...
  9. Not able to browse Internet in certain Wifi Networks

Not able to browse Internet in certain Wifi Networks: I have a Windows 10 Home Single Language on my Dell G3 15 Laptop. The issue that I'm facing is with Internet browsing. In my home WiFi network, I'm able to browse internet. But when I try connect to my university network or mobile hotspot, I'm able to browse only in the...
  10. Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Browsing is Very Slow on Both Edge and Chrome: So I got a new Asus E200HA. Read some very good reviews about it in amazon. While using the OS (Windows 10) everything works quite smoothly - Browsing around files, editing Office documents, even coding on VS Code. However, Web browsing, for the most part, is extremely slow....