Windows 10: Not able to change brightness in Windows 10

Discus and support Not able to change brightness in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a DELL Vostro 15-3568 and i am not been able to change brightness in windows 10. the keys for brightness change are working but brightness is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PratikSingh95, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Not able to change brightness in Windows 10

I have a DELL Vostro 15-3568 and i am not been able to change brightness in windows 10.

the keys for brightness change are working but brightness is not changing..

the methods i had already use are:-

* changing it from display settings manually

* Updating the display drivers in device manager

:)

PratikSingh95, Nov 28, 2018

2. brightness issue of my windows 10 pro

Hello Adityaattri,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 28, 2018
  3. sammy Win User
    Brightness not working on Windows10.

Hi ,

On my Dell 5559 Windows 10 , brightness not working.

Have tried few steps from youtube videos but did not work.

Please guide.

Thanks.

sammy, Nov 28, 2018
  4. Not able to change brightness in Windows 10

screen brightness on windows 10

Hi,

Some computers can let Windows automatically adjust screen brightness based on the current lighting conditions.

To manually adjust the screen brightness, we suggest following these troubleshooting steps:

• Click Start, then select Settings.
    • Choose System, then select Display.
    • Under Brightness and color, move the Change brightness slider to adjust the brightness.

Feel free to post back if you have other concern.

Gerard Qui, Nov 28, 2018
Thema:

Not able to change brightness in Windows 10

1. Not able to change brightness in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - able change brightness

2. Not able to change brightness after recent Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to change brightness after recent Windows 10 update: Not able to change brightness after recent Windows 10 update. Tried all possible things available on the internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-change-brightness-after-recent-windows/e169c8bf-c395-4458-881e-73c0fdbecada
  3. cannot change brightness on windows 10

cannot change brightness on windows 10: hello, ive recently gotten a new pc, my first one actually. After setting it up, my first thought was how blinding the screen was. When i looked via settings and display, there was no brightness slider option. Neither in windows + a, and neither in advanced. I have no idea...
  4. Unable to change brightness in Windows 10

Unable to change brightness in Windows 10: I'm currently running the latest updates for Windows 10 1903 on my laptop. Just recently I have noticed that I'm no longer able to adjust the display brightness at all for some reason, either with the fn keys for brightness, or in the display settings anywhere. It's an HP...
  5. Windows 10, brightness cannot be changed.

Windows 10, brightness cannot be changed.: I clean installed windows 10 in my laptop(Sony Vaio vpcsb16fg) . But, after the setup the device brightness cannot be changed despite changing it in the settings. I checked to see what's wrong in the the device driver setting and saw this... The excessive brightness will...
  6. Can't change brightness on Windows 10

Can't change brightness on Windows 10: I have had this dell laptop for about a year and an a half, I don't use it a whole lot but lately have had to. I can't seem to be able to change the brightness on it no matter how many updates I make. I have already tried updating both my display drivers, but they can never...
  7. Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider

Unable to change brightness Windows 10 - No brightness controls/slider: I have been unable to adjust my brightness on my laptop. It seems like anything related to the idea of "brightness" has been wiped from my computer: no brightness slider in display settings, no slider in the Action Center, can't use my keyboard shortcuts (Fn + F11/F12), and...
  8. Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 changing the brightness automatically: I have recently obtained a new EliteDesk G1 with Windows 10 Pro on the latest update and for some damn reason, the display changes the brightness depending on the application/game that is being displayed. If I show a dark image the screen turns dark and if I use a show a...
  9. change in brightness in windows 10

change in brightness in windows 10: Brightness in my pc is not working that is when I increasing or decreasing brightness it does not impact on brightness...It is an acer one 14 z422 having amdo radeon a6 elite procecer...plz give solution...
  10. changing brightness on windows 10

changing brightness on windows 10: Hi I need help changing the brightness on a windows 10 pc. It was recently rebuilt and windows 10 installed. When I follow the correct process and click on System, there isn't a brightness control slide bar. Thanks neil...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. not able to adjust brightness in windows 10

2. not able to change brightness in windows 10

3. i am not able to adujest brightnes in windows 10

4. i am not able to change brightness