Windows 10: Not able to change default app for Magnet links

Discus and support Not able to change default app for Magnet links in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; good day i noticed since going to 10 that clicking on magnet links does not open bittorrent. i have rerun windows and still the same problem. in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 2635599, Oct 26, 2015.

1. 2635599 Win User

Not able to change default app for Magnet links

good day i noticed since going to 10 that clicking on magnet links does not open bittorrent. i have rerun windows and still the same problem. in cyberfox i fixed it easily enough, but for chrome and torch no love. i found a couple of things about registry entries but they did not work. i try to assign bittorrent to magnet links in windows but i cannot choose a default app from the system, i only get what you see below which is to "look for an app in the store". there must be a way to fix this so i can pick an app already on my system. thanks in advance for any gelp with this.

Not able to change default app for Magnet links [​IMG]

:)

2635599, Oct 26, 2015
  2. Romel Ram Win User

Magnet links

It is possible that the app is incompatible with the recent update. We suggest sharing your insight regarding this problem by sending a feedback using the
    Feedback Hub app that can be downloaded from the Store.

Microsoft listens to user feedback for future improvements and fixes.

Feel free to post again if you have other concerns.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Oct 26, 2015
  3. jjMonroe Win User
    Magnet links

version 1703 build 15063.413

I restored back to a previous version and it worked fine. Then downloaded the update again and had the same problem. My BitTorrent is up to date. Idk what settings got changed.

jjMonroe, Oct 26, 2015
  4. 2635599 Win User

no one has any idea on how to fix this?

2635599, Oct 27, 2015
Thema:

1. Not able to change default app for Magnet links - Similar Threads - able change default

2. im not able to change my default app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    im not able to change my default app: so it wont let me put a picture in but the button where it says choose a default is gray and wont let me press it. I accidently picked a default in a popup and now i cant change it....
  3. im not able to change my default app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im not able to change my default app: so it wont let me put a picture in but the button where it says choose a default is gray and wont let me press it. I accidently picked a default in a popup and now i cant change it....
  4. Magnet

in Windows 10 Customization
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  5. Magnet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Magnet: Today Magnet handlers no longer work I tried with two different torrent clients made no difference. Tried in three different browsers same result. Disconnected my anti-virus program, no difference. Looked up the issue on the IE didn't help First instruction said said to open...
  6. Magnet

7. Set qbitorrent the default magnet

Set qbitorrent the default magnet: Hi! I used to be able to import this reg file, and fix the issue. Guess not anymore: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge] "ExternalProtocolDialogShowAlwaysOpenCheckbox"=dword:00000001 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Google\Chrome]...
  8. Magnets and pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Magnets and pc: So I got a new USB WIFI adapter netgear a7000 and it has a magnet on it so is that bad for my pc, having a magnet sit on top of it??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/magnets-and-pc/2c4eb3e2-ca3b-4bcf-8fc4-051877890a71
  9. Can't change protocol association for magnet links to something else than Chrome

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change protocol association for magnet links to something else than Chrome: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Poilaucul [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcm8u8/cant_change_protocol_association_for_magnet_links/
  10. How can I change the default protocol handler for magnet links to non-app store program?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change the default protocol handler for magnet links to non-app store program?: [ATTACH] It would seem that I cannot change the default handler for magnet protocol despite already have installed FreeDownloadManager Yes, I did reinstalled....