Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

Discus and support Not able to change default save location to OneDrive in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlobe, Aug 7, 2015.

1. dlobe Win User

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

[​IMG]

:)

dlobe, Aug 7, 2015
  2. JustHal Win User

Cannot Change Default Save Locations

I found a solution to the issue I was experiencing. I right-clicked on the OneDrive "Cloud" icon in the system tray (notification area" and selected settings from the context menu. Then I clicked on the auto save tab and was able to change the default
    save location for documents and pictures to OneDrive. That also changed the settings in the storage control panel.

JustHal, Aug 7, 2015
  3. Nivracer Win User
    Can't change "New documents will save to:" location in settings

Because my PC had my OneDrive as my default save location I had files in 2 different places and my OneDrive would get full very quickly because my games folders would go to the documents in the OneDrive. So I tried to change the default documents location
    in the setting and it wont let me change it.

I go to Settings > System > Storage > Save locations

New documents will save to: is currently set to OneDrive. I click the drop down menu to change it to This PC (C:), where everything else currently saves to. I click Apply and it goes back to OneDrive.

Nivracer, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive - Similar Threads - able change default

1. Anyone able to review my CBS log from System File Checker

in Windows 10 Support
    Anyone able to review my CBS log from System File Checker: Anyone able to review my CBS Log from System File Checker? Before I panic and do a complete reformat again of my Windows 10 1803 Pro x64 Desktop Don't know if just Avast issues or something more serious Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free...
  2. SKY GO Error code 000 and stoped working on IE11 anyone able to help?

in Windows 10 Support
    SKY GO Error code 000 and stoped working on IE11 anyone able to help?: Hi, I have seen a few threads on this but they seem to be quite old so hopefully, it is okay to post a new one. The thing is, we ONLY watch SKY on our Windows 10 Desktop computer - and up until yesterday, I was watching SKY sports on IE 11 (with silverlight) no problem - but...
  3. no administration rights, can't modify users, cmd not able to change

in Windows 10 Support
    no administration rights, can't modify users, cmd not able to change: Hi, I installed update 10 yesterday. I signed in with my hotmail account and I managed to get the computer to stop asking for password when it went to sleep but couldn't do it when it first started up. I ran the netplwiz and for some reason I clicked on my profile and I must...
  4. Not able to pin Chorme Incognito to Start, changes itself to normal

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to pin Chorme Incognito to Start, changes itself to normal: I'am trying to pin Chorme Incongito shortcut from desktop to Start on Windows 10 RTM but change itself to normal , any fix for this ? 12235
  5. Not able to change RAM timings

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to change RAM timings: I have just installed a new set of 4 x 8GB G Skill TridentX 2400 CL10 memory sticks. The sticks will only run at 2133mhz 10-10-12-31 no matter what XMP i choose or what numbers I manually enter in bios. And no, they will not run stable with those timings *Sad Guessing it...
  6. Are you able to change what your file opens with?

in Windows 10 Support
    Are you able to change what your file opens with?: I have windows 10 and somehow mobi files are opening with notepad. Of course they do not read in there but I have a free ebook site in which I want to know if they too have to open with notepad. I managed to repair the extension but not the icon. Can that be done? Also it...
  7. Not able to change default app for Magnet links

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to change default app for Magnet links: good day i noticed since going to 10 that clicking on magnet links does not open bittorrent. i have rerun windows and still the same problem. in cyberfox i fixed it easily enough, but for chrome and torch no love. i found a couple of things about registry entries but they did...
Not able to change default save location to OneDrive solved