Windows 10: Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

Discus and support Not able to change default save location to OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlobe, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dlobe Win User

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive [​IMG]

:)

dlobe, Aug 6, 2015
  2. JustHal Win User

Cannot Change Default Save Locations

I found a solution to the issue I was experiencing. I right-clicked on the OneDrive "Cloud" icon in the system tray (notification area" and selected settings from the context menu. Then I clicked on the auto save tab and was able to change the default
    save location for documents and pictures to OneDrive. That also changed the settings in the storage control panel.

JustHal, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Nivracer Win User
    Can't change "New documents will save to:" location in settings

Because my PC had my OneDrive as my default save location I had files in 2 different places and my OneDrive would get full very quickly because my games folders would go to the documents in the OneDrive. So I tried to change the default documents location
    in the setting and it wont let me change it.

I go to Settings > System > Storage > Save locations

New documents will save to: is currently set to OneDrive. I click the drop down menu to change it to This PC (CNot able to change default save location to OneDrive :), where everything else currently saves to. I click Apply and it goes back to OneDrive.

Nivracer, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

1. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive - Similar Threads - able change default

2. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location: Over the past couple of months, when "save as" new versions of word and excel documents, the default folder is OneDrive not the existing folder where I opened the file. This creates version control issues and makes it harder for me to find files in the future. How can the...
  3. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location: Over the past couple of months, when "save as" new versions of word and excel documents, the default folder is OneDrive not the existing folder where I opened the file. This creates version control issues and makes it harder for me to find files in the future. How can the...
  4. OneDrive as the Default "Save As" Location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Changing the default save location

Changing the default save location: I wanna change mt default save location on my pc since im gonna download games from the microsoft store from the xbox game pass. So i need to change my default save location on my pc for my apps. But when i try to change to my other hard drive it tells me that i have apps on...
  6. how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC

how to change default save location from OneDrive to This PC: I have followed instructions in previous queries which say to change the default location in settings, but the dropdowns don't open so I can't make this change. Do I need to be signed in to OneDrive to do this? Strange because the files still apparently save there. I'm on...
  7. Change default save location to Desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change default save location to Desktop: For a Windows 10 laptop, is there a way to change the default save location from Onedrive to the PC Desktop? I don’t like to save Word files on the cloud, especially as some documents are sensitive. Every time I click ‘save’ on a new document, I always have to click a few...
  8. How to Make OneDrive Not the Default Save Location

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Make OneDrive Not the Default Save Location: Running MS Office 2019 (installed version) in Windows 10, 1909. Every time I go to save an Excel or Word document, the default location that pops up is OneDrive. You then have to navigate back to your Documents folder. Is there a way/setting to change that? I'd like the...
  9. Changing default save location for apps

Changing default save location for apps: Problem: Changing default drive for new content. Attempting to change from C to D drives primary to secondary drives First message: Delete other apps? This drive has apps from another device, to use this drive delete them. Click yes, Error code 0x80070005 comes up. I have...
  10. Changing Default Save Location

Changing Default Save Location: Just upgraded SSD and installed fresh version of Windows 10 version 1909. My SSD is the C: drive. Prior to the SSD upgrade, files such as Documents, Downloads, Music and Pictures were saved to my D: Hard Drive. Example: D: >Gagnon >Documents In other words my D:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am not able to change default location of ondrive

2. fix: unable to change default save location to onedrive in settings