Windows 10: Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

Discus and support Not able to change default save location to OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlobe, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dlobe Win User

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive [​IMG]

:)

dlobe, Aug 6, 2015
  2. JustHal Win User

Cannot Change Default Save Locations

I found a solution to the issue I was experiencing. I right-clicked on the OneDrive "Cloud" icon in the system tray (notification area" and selected settings from the context menu. Then I clicked on the auto save tab and was able to change the default
    save location for documents and pictures to OneDrive. That also changed the settings in the storage control panel.

JustHal, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Nivracer Win User
    Can't change "New documents will save to:" location in settings

Because my PC had my OneDrive as my default save location I had files in 2 different places and my OneDrive would get full very quickly because my games folders would go to the documents in the OneDrive. So I tried to change the default documents location
    in the setting and it wont let me change it.

I go to Settings > System > Storage > Save locations

New documents will save to: is currently set to OneDrive. I click the drop down menu to change it to This PC (CNot able to change default save location to OneDrive :), where everything else currently saves to. I click Apply and it goes back to OneDrive.

Nivracer, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

1. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive - Similar Threads - able change default

2. OneDrive Location

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Location: Hi all, I have a problem that maybe is easy to solve: I run Windows 10 Pro v 1803. 1) I installed OneDrive; it automatically created a OneDrive folder on C. As the OneDrive folder is too large for C, 2) I moved the OneDrive folder from from C to E 3) A bit later I moved...
  3. Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 'Wordpad' app, how to change default save location: In Windows 10, how to change 'Wordpad' default save location from 'Documents'? (to Desktop). I have to manually select location each time, if not want saved in default 'Documents' folder. Is the only file type that does this. 'Notepad' app works fine. Thanks...
  4. Change default location for new users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change default location for new users: In previous versions of Windows, a quick registry hack has let me create my main user (after the one in C:\Users created when installing Windows) in E:\Users rather than C:\Users. This is the method I've used before: Use Regedit to navigate to:...
  5. MS Paint - default 'Save As" location

MS Paint - default 'Save As" location: Hello, I read through a very old post that had the same issue, but no solution. We use Paint a lot for work. We take photos, transfer them to the server folder location we need them. Then open them in paint to edit. Go to Save-As and, being so used to the way it worked...
  6. Setting default save location?

Setting default save location?: I have a friend who is asking me for some help with her computer. It's a fairly basic issue but I'm afraid I don't know the answer so I thought I'd try here. Some of her programs are saving to OneDrive, otherwise known as The Cloud. She strongly prefers to save to her own...
  7. Changing OneDrive download location

Changing OneDrive download location: Before using OneDrive all my data files were held on a seperate partition ion E: drive. I have now stored the main folders (eg Documents, Photographs, Spreadsheets) on OneDrive and now realise that as well as offline they are held in C: Users/Chris. Can I alter it so that...
  8. Default save location

Default save location: I have a small SSD holding my OS, and a large HDD for everything else. I am trying to change the default install path to my storage drive, but when I go to settings, system, storage, I am unable to change the default install path to my storage drive (F:). Everything else...
  9. Change contacts default location

in Windows 10 Support
    Change contacts default location: I have searched for hours, and can only find changing the contacts location in Outlook. I use contacts from Word 2010 to fax recipients. After creating a document, and selecting my HP Printer Fax, clicking on print displays the contacts from the current default location...
  10. Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive: Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings I am trying to save my files to OneDrive as a default. It has always worked as my default. For some reason, the default save location is now Recent. Something caused it to change. All default locations settings in Word Options,...