Not able to change default save location to OneDrive

Discus and support Not able to change default save location to OneDrive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit. Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dlobe, Aug 6, 2015.

1. dlobe Win User

I have a clean install of windows 10 Pro (Build 10240) 64bit.
    Before clean install, my default save location was set to OneDrive. That's what I want.
    After clean install, USB created from Media Creation Tool, I cannot change default save location from PC to OneDrive
    I want the default set to OneDrive but the option is not available in Settings, System, Storage. Only option available is This PC.

Please help...Thanks

Doug

Not able to change default save location to OneDrive [​IMG]

:)

dlobe, Aug 6, 2015
  2. JustHal Win User

Cannot Change Default Save Locations

I found a solution to the issue I was experiencing. I right-clicked on the OneDrive "Cloud" icon in the system tray (notification area" and selected settings from the context menu. Then I clicked on the auto save tab and was able to change the default
    save location for documents and pictures to OneDrive. That also changed the settings in the storage control panel.

JustHal, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Nivracer Win User
    Can't change "New documents will save to:" location in settings

Because my PC had my OneDrive as my default save location I had files in 2 different places and my OneDrive would get full very quickly because my games folders would go to the documents in the OneDrive. So I tried to change the default documents location
    in the setting and it wont let me change it.

I go to Settings > System > Storage > Save locations

New documents will save to: is currently set to OneDrive. I click the drop down menu to change it to This PC (CNot able to change default save location to OneDrive :), where everything else currently saves to. I click Apply and it goes back to OneDrive.

Nivracer, Aug 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Not able to change default save location to OneDrive - Similar Threads - able change default

2. How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons?: How do I change the font size of the names under my desktop icons? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-do-i-change-the-font-size-of-the-names-under/50291850-7360-442b-9191-cbd59aa3e445
  3. OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive stuck on "processing two changes": Hello, I have the dreaded issue as well... Tried: - Wipe OneDrive and start over - Delete all files (even in .zip files) with 0bytes - Break connection and reconnect OneDrive Nothing helped. Any thoughts on what to try next? Kind regards, Ferry...
  4. I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that...: I'm getting trouble while typing as it is displaying some other language how to change that to display in English https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/im-getting-trouble-while-typing-as-it-is/936dde73-9ebf-498f-9065-99cc79e0e5fd
  5. How do I change the paper type in Microsoft Photos. I need to print on transparancies

How do I change the paper type in Microsoft Photos. I need to print on transparancies: How do I change the paper type in Microsoft photos? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/how-do-i-change-the-paper-type-in-microsoft-photos/36beb618-c994-47b8-9fe1-af2d8e46b498
  6. will microsft be able to help me locate my laptop trough the mac address and or serial number

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    will microsft be able to help me locate my laptop trough the mac address and or serial number: if i have the serial number of mylaptop would microsoft be able or help me locate my computer even if they factory reset the laptop the serial number cant changed and that is something that microsoft collects ?>...
  7. Saving pictures to a picture folder

Saving pictures to a picture folder: I went into my pc and opened up the pictures folder. I created a new folder within the folder. I drag and dropped a picture into the folder. I tried to drag and drop a second picture into the folder and it said I couldn't because there was already a file of the same name....
  8. No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No longer able to access files on external drive from other devices: Since the recent update I can no longer see folders/files on external drives from other devices on my homegroup. Specifically, I have two external drives containing movie/video files which I can no longer access. I can access files on my hard drive. Any suggestions?...
  9. Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default Windows Registry values for printer policies..??: Long story short, I've got an HP printer that was having some problems and HP support gave me a .reg file to run, which consisted of the following: Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers]...
  10. How can I change my display back to default settings?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my display back to default settings?: How do I change my display back to the default settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/how-can-i-change-my-display-back-to-default/94b1b49f-80bb-4056-8edf-96fe21763367