Windows 10: Not able to change existing password

Discus and support Not able to change existing password in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello All, I forgot my old windows 10 password, so could someone explain how to change old windows 10 password Please note my system is not locked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chandanchandu1, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Not able to change existing password

Hello All,

I forgot my old windows 10 password, so could someone explain how to change old windows 10 password

Please note my system is not locked by password but in setting windows don't have forgot password option.

Regards,

chandan.s

:)

chandanchandu1, Oct 18, 2018

2. Trouble Changing Wi-Fi Password

I've been following the following steps to change my Wi-Fi password for some time:

1. Launch Control Panel.
    2. Click "Network and Internet."
    3. Click "Network and Sharing Center."
    4. Click "Wi-Fi...."
    5. Click "Wireless Properties."
    6. Click the Security tab.
    7. Check "Show characters."
    8. Enter the password in "Network security key."
    Those steps have been working just fine, but today I discovered a new wrinkle. If I change the password inside the router first, "Wi-Fi..." doesn't appear in step 4. This isn't much of a problem at home, because I can just change the password in Control Panel before I change it inside the router, but it would be a problem at a public hotspot, or something of that nature. I also tested Brink's instructions in "How to Connect To a Wireless Network in Windows 10," but they don't work for me either. How can I fix this?

gregyurkon, Oct 18, 2018
  3. account password change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Which version of Windows 10 is currently installed in your computer?

2. Are you using a Microsoft Account to log into your computer?

To open System Properties and check the version of Windows, follow the steps below:

1. Open Run Command (Windows button+R).

2. In the dialog box type control system and hit enter.

If you are using a Microsoft Account to log into your system and you are unable to change the password, then I would suggest that you sign in online and change your password. Follow the steps below to do so.

• 1. Click on the link below to open the Microsoft site, and then select
      Security & privacy.
    https://account.microsoft.com/about

• Select Change password.

• Enter your current password, then the new password you want, then enter the new password again.

• Select Save.
    Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 18, 2018
  4. Not able to change existing password

change the lock screen password

Hi Eric,

Let us resolve you concern regarding on how you can change your lock screen password. We suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key; then, select Settings.
    • Click Accounts; then, Sign-In Options.
    • Tap the Change button in the Password section.
    • Re-enter your password; then, create a new password.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

Not able to change existing password

1. Not able to change existing password - Similar Threads - able change existing

2. the password option does not exist

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the password option does not exist: HII have a question why the password option does not exist in account >> sign in option and i put the screenshot in down please if you know how can i fix this , please tell me thanks...
  3. the password option does not exist

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the password option does not exist: HII have a question why the password option does not exist in account >> sign in option and i put the screenshot in down please if you know how can i fix this , please tell me thanks...
  4. Not able to enter password

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not able to enter password: Hi,I am able to switch on my laptop. As soon as the lock screen option appears, it gets stuck. That is, I do not get an option to enter my password or to shut down again. My laptop is literally stuck with the lockscreen wallpaper....
  5. Not able to change password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to change password: I want to change the windows hello pin in my laptop Microsoft Go but it says option not available, and when i try to fix it it asks me personal info to "keep it secured" How do I change my passcode?...
  6. How to name a new Admin and delete or change existing passwords.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to name a new Admin and delete or change existing passwords.: If this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. I plan to give my old computer to my grandson. How do I erase the passwords, and how do I change the Administrator's name? Thank you, TRS 164008
  7. How to name a new Admin and delete or change existing passwords.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to name a new Admin and delete or change existing passwords.: If this thread is in the wrong place, feel free to move it. I plan to give my old computer to my grandson. How do I erase the passwords, and how do I change the Administrator's name? Thank you, TRS 164008
  8. Not able to change country

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to change country: hello please help me I have purchased laptop and window 10 home already there but I need window 10 pro I am going to upgrade this but at the time of payment option only united states country is showing I am India how can I change it to India please help me....
  9. Not able to sign in with the existing product key

Not able to sign in with the existing product key: Hi team, I have been using a Microsoft home subscription for my accounts. I have shared the key with the 5 of my colleagues by creating a family group. out of which 3 are working fine and 2 are not. They have been working in the same version. After sign-in, its showing...
  10. Able to use old password for windows after changing it online

Able to use old password for windows after changing it online: Hi, I have found this a couple of times with multiple devices, but when a password for Windows Live log on is changed online, the computer that used it as a username still accepts the old password continuously no matter how many times you change the password. Seems very...