Windows 10: Not able to change my timezone (among other things)

Discus and support Not able to change my timezone (among other things) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; For the longest time now, every time I try to change my timezone windows informs me that it is "Unable to continue. do not have permission to perform... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lucca Summers, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Not able to change my timezone (among other things)

For the longest time now, every time I try to change my timezone windows informs me that it is "Unable to continue. do not have permission to perform this task. Please contact [my] computer administrator for help." This is a bit problematic consider that I am the system administrator in question, there are no other accounts on my computer, and I'm not even part of some network.

This doesn't seem like it'd be a problem, however, I believe it is the inevitable root of another problem of mine, the fact that my computer can't get the latest Windows update and instead has a way out of date one. I'll say right now that I have no real evidence point to this being true, but I'd like to be able to fix both of these problems without having to do a brand new, fresh install of Windows 10. Any help at all would be much appreciated, thanks.

:)

Lucca Summers, Aug 29, 2019

2. Timezone Change

Hi Iselda,

For us to properly isolate the issue with changing the timezone, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • What is the exact error message that you are getting?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial resolution, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• In the search box, type in cmd. You'll see Command Prompt listed.
      Right-click and select Run as Administrator.
    • Type tzutil /l to see the list of all time zones.
    • Once you have found your time zone, copy the description that is on the second line. Example:

(UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Central Standard Time <---- copy
    • Afterwards, type tzutil /s "paste the time zone here". Like this:

tzutil /s "Central Standard Time" (make sure to include the quotations!); then, Enter.
    • Exit the Command Prompt, and then go to your time settings.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 29, 2019
  3. Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 29, 2019
  4. SarahKong Win User

Not able to change my timezone (among other things)

Cannot change Timezone

There can be a number of reasons for this happening.

And rather then list them out one by one I have provided a link with the things you can try with step by step instructions and screenshots.

https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/cant-change-...

Let me know how you make out.

SarahKong, Aug 29, 2019
Thema:

Not able to change my timezone (among other things)

1. Not able to change my timezone (among other things) - Similar Threads - able change timezone

2. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  3. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network issues among other things: I am running Windows 10, 21H2. For starters, I am missing a lot of app icons in the Start Menu. Network and Internet settings crash the moment I try to open them while connected to a network. Speaking of networks, the icon on the bottom right used to show Identifying...,...
  4. Network issues among other things

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  6. Can't log into accounts, among other things

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't log into accounts, among other things: Just recently, Ive been having trouble with access to sites. The most serious case is with my online access to my banks checking account. Ive never had a problem in the past, but a couple days ago I logged in and kept getting error messages saying Im entering incorrect...
  7. I have to change my pin far to often among other things

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have to change my pin far to often among other things: I am sick of being constantly told that my institution requires me to change my pin, i don't even have an institution? I have tried multiple command prompts and such from these forums but it never works so if someone has an up to date solution that would be great. Also, i...
  8. Kernel Check Failure among other things!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Kernel Check Failure among other things!: Hello, Hopefully someone can help! Built the PC about three weeks ago, been working fine, then suddenly, all sorts of problems, such as Page fault in nonpaged area and Kmode exception not handled. After various ideas I decided to remaster it. I made a USB boot drive using...
  9. Lost admin privilages among other things.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost admin privilages among other things.: So i have been having major issues with my PC for a while now. All admin privilages have been lost and my computer fails to do basic things like shut off. I The option to shut the computer down in the menu is not there. It reads "There are no current power options available"....
  10. Cannot access Store, among other things

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access Store, among other things: I have not been able to access the Microsoft Store, or run some of the tiled apps, for several days now. I think it started with the 1909 update. I noticed that OneNote, which I use daily, wouldn't sync. I uninstalled it, then went to the Store to reinstall it, but then I...