Windows 10: Not able to change Portuguese to English

Discus and support Not able to change Portuguese to English in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I'm on Windows 10, my Edge and Chrome browers come up in Portuguese. For 3 months, I've tried to figure out why and now looking for some help.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by tvglaser, Feb 21, 2021.

1. tvglaser Win User

Not able to change Portuguese to English

Hi,

I'm on Windows 10, my Edge and Chrome browers come up in Portuguese. For 3 months, I've tried to figure out why and now looking for some help. Here's the thing, it comes and goes. I might open Edge and it will be in English. I'll do email...come back, and it's in Portuguese. If I enter:

IBM - United States for the web address. Upon hitting enter, it quickly changes to:

IBM - Brasil ....asking to translate it.

Both browers have the language set to US English. If I jump into powershell, here's what I have set for the location:

PS C:\Users\Tom-Sandy> get-winsystemlocale

LCID Name DisplayName
    ---- ---- -----------
    1033 en-US English (United States)

I thought maybe adware, so I ran cccleaner, spybot, malwarebytes & hijackthis. Everything is clean.

If I look right now, it's in english. tomorrow morning, it will be Portuguese. Any ideas what I've over looked?

Thanks, Tom

:)

tvglaser, Feb 21, 2021
  2. Reyneke Win User

Portuguese

Thank you so much.. when I go into number 1 there is English South African, Portuguese and then UK English... am I supposed to do something there? I did all the other steps but my page is still in Portuguese.

another thing... how do I change my email address on my Microsoft account?

Reyneke, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Sdruws Win User
    hv all w10 in English but date/time language which is in Portuguese. Format change only contemplates Portuguese format. How can I do ti ??

I have an English W10. However date/time comes in Portuguese format. Tried many times to alter but there only Portuguese alternative formats. Impossible to change to English. . How can I proceed to get it in English ??

Sdruws, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Reyneke Win User

Portuguese

Hi there,

thank you for the quick response... it is my Microsoft Store that is in Portuguese.. It used to be in English and I have no idea why it has changed... I want the store in English..

I will change my email address - thanks soooooo much!

Reyneke, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Not able to change Portuguese to English - Similar Threads - able change Portuguese

2. Changing Windows shortcuts to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Windows shortcuts to English: Hello, I have Windows 11 installed and system language is set to Portuguese my native language. Whenever I'm using windows all system wide keyboard shortcuts are set to Portuguese shortcuts Ctrl-G to save, Ctrl-T to select all, for example. Some keyboard shortcuts coincide...
  3. How change back to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How change back to English?: Hello all: When the w10 boot-up or updating or changing, it often shows/reminds you the processing, such as: Welcome, waiting, shutting down, ........... All the "REMINDINGs" of my w10, are all in ENGLISH since the very beginning. BUT, during the pasted many...
  4. Store-bought computer with Windows pro 10 English : will I be able to change the system...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Store-bought computer with Windows pro 10 English : will I be able to change the system...: Hello, If I buy a computer Dell, with Windows pro 10 English, will I be able to change the system language, or is it a kind of unilingual license like what was offered with Win 10 Home ? Thanks,...
  5. Changing Measurement Dimensions to English

Changing Measurement Dimensions to English: Hi Everyone, I check my Region, Language and everything. I set it to English. But the measurement dimensions such as inches, cm are in Chinese instead of English. [ATTACH] Anyone know how I can I change it to english?...
  6. How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How do I unistall windows 10 Portuguese language pack and restore the Windows 10 English...: Hello All. The new Dell Inspiron 15 3000 I bought two weeks ago came with a Windows 10 single language pack. The original language is English. I wanted a Portuguese Windows installed, thinking that I would be able to operate with both languages. After installing the...
  7. Cannot able to change app default language? Want to change from Urdu to English-US?

Cannot able to change app default language? Want to change from Urdu to English-US?: I recently installed the Urdu language pack through windows app store, which is now set as app default language. I want to change it back to English-US but can't able to change nor able to remove the Urdu language....
  8. CHANGING THE PC LANGUGE TO ENGLISH

CHANGING THE PC LANGUGE TO ENGLISH: How to change the PC language to English ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-pc-languge-to-english/b3807729-9481-4212-a407-631f2b22e689
  9. how to change to english format

how to change to english format: how to change to English format https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-to-english-format/f2a2841a-0ae6-4945-893e-3a8f9666d69c
  10. Cant change language to english

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant change language to english: Hello my friend I bought a new laptop here in japan But Cant change my language to english Also cant download language pack Pls need help,, 43090