Windows 10: Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but...

Discus and support Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/be_luga [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/be_luga, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but...

/u/be_luga, Jun 30, 2020

2. Fuzzy display that goes away if text is selected or refreshed

Hello,
    I have a strange issue, this started about a week ago after Creators' update. I have the system to auto-update all software and features from Microsoft. All drivers are up to date. I have manually installed the latest display driver for this laptop.
    Issue:
    • When I have many windows open, the display crumbles only in selected parts of the screen as shown in the attached picture.
    • This flickering doesn't happen in safe mode (with networking).
    • Doesn't happen with a live USB linux session either.
    • This is reversed upon selecting the text (for example in a webpage or a word processor document).

System specs: Windows 10, founders update. Intel 4 series express chipset (Centrino processor) with 5gb of ram running windows 10 creators update.

Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but... [​IMG]

Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but... [​IMG]

Solutions tried so far with no success:
    • Text scaling and DPI scaling,
    • installing various drivers including Windows 7 drivers for this display,
    • Going to safe mode, uninstalling the driver and deleting it and restarting,
    • uninstalling most of the programs and features (except MS office and a few other essentials)
    Can anybody help please?
    thanks and best regards
    Raghu

raghuveerkr, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Display brightness after Creators Update

Sorry, but do you read the previous comments here?

As I wrote some days ago:

All the settings are as I want them to be: Advanced power plan with 100% brightness, disabled adaptive brightness.

But after each reboot, Windows just forgets this settings.

Brightness gets reset, adaptive brightness is turned back on each time.

Not helpful.

Felix Kopf, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but...

Problems with the display and brightness

Hello,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

Let’s try with some steps which helps you resolving the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the Display drivers and check
    if it helps you.

Refer: Uninstall, Reinstall or
    update the graphics card drivers

If that doesn't help uninstall and reinstall latest graphic driver from manufacturer's website.

Note: Update all the drivers and also install all the pending updates and check.

Step 2: After installing and Updating refer the below steps to check how to automatically adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows + I keys and select System.
    • Select Display and check the Adjust brightness automatically
    • Restart the machine.
    Keep us informed if the issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but...

1. Not able to change the brightness of the display. The bug goes away after a restart, but... - Similar Threads - able change brightness

2. display brightness doesn't change unless i restart the device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display brightness doesn't change unless i restart the device: I am using a dell g15 5515 and when I try to change the display brightness the slider moves but the brightness doesn't change unless I restart the device...
  3. display brightness doesn't change unless i restart the device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    display brightness doesn't change unless i restart the device: I am using a dell g15 5515 and when I try to change the display brightness the slider moves but the brightness doesn't change unless I restart the device...
  4. Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.: I just noticed that since some recent update, it seems like a bug causes my whites in some applications to be changed to bright yellow on my HDR display the Windows 11 HDR mode is disabled.This looks extremely hideous and makes it impossible to carry out my graphic design,...
  5. Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug displaying whites as bright yellow on HDR displays.: I just noticed that since some recent update, it seems like a bug causes my whites in some applications to be changed to bright yellow on my HDR display the Windows 11 HDR mode is disabled.This looks extremely hideous and makes it impossible to carry out my graphic design,...
  6. Can't change display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  7. Brightness Bug Won't Go Away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness Bug Won't Go Away: I've been dealing with a display adapter issue for a while now. My computer is stuck on the highest brightness setting, and if i try to adjust it, it gets stuck on the lowest brightness setting. The only way to fix it, that I've found, is to uninstall and reinstall the...
  8. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  9. Unable to change display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change display brightness: The problem is simple to explain - display brightness can't be changed. Brightness slider isn't accessible anywhere. Not in the action center, not in the settings. I've followed every tutorial on the internet but still, I can't make the slider appear. There is a slider in...
  10. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...