Windows 10: Not able to close start screen

Discus and support Not able to close start screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; after restarting my pc, i am not able to see desktop screen. it always shows Start screen. pressing start button does not have any impact on it. my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SachinSawant1, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Not able to close start screen

after restarting my pc, i am not able to see desktop screen. it always shows Start screen. pressing start button does not have any impact on it. my windows 10 has been updated multiple times but this issue persists after every update. if i start any application then start screen goes in background and after closing or minimizing the application again start screen appears.

please let me know how can i resolve this issue.

:)

SachinSawant1, Jun 18, 2020

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Jun 18, 2020
  3. How do I get the Windows 8.1 start screen in Windows 10?

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Click Start icon and click Settings

• Choose Personalization, click on Start

• Turn on “Use start full screen”

Regards,

Waseemulla S, Jun 18, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

Not able to close start screen

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

Not able to close start screen

1. Not able to close start screen - Similar Threads - able close start

2. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  3. Start menu not closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu not closing: I clicked on the start menu and when I open my application the start menu will not turn off or close. I need to refresh my computer to make it gone. I restart the computer and issue persist. It is disturbing and kind of irritable when this whole start menu never close....
  4. Iam not able to open settings, start button, notification etc. and powershell closes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Iam not able to open settings, start button, notification etc. and powershell closes...: I am not to access start ,taskbar ,crotana is working ,settings is not opening, search is not working, not able to get notifications when powershell is opened it closes immediately . yesterday edge was not open i reinstalled then it is working...
  5. Not able to start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to start up: Hi, I uninstalled some non-essential apps Nike+Connect, Bonjour, iTunes, Vuze and then restarted my computer and it wouldn't load up. I tried all the different recoveries, including reformatting but it always stalls at around 6%. The message I am getting is: "System...
  6. Games start then close

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games start then close: I purchased Forza Horizon 4 on my gaming PC two days ago. I downloaded it and it starts but before it works it closes with an error message. I have tried troubleshooting and other solutions posted here, but none of them work. I have re-downoaded it multiple times. I...
  7. On Start-Up Error < 0xc0000142 > Un-Able to Start correctly, Close App

in Windows 10 Support
    On Start-Up Error < 0xc0000142 > Un-Able to Start correctly, Close App: G/Morning I have this Error and I have searched' but they are all old threads and they all seem to refer to other issues that cause the same Error except this one -- it is a discontinued thread: "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142). Click OK to close...
  8. return to start screen when closing an app

in Windows 10 Customization
    return to start screen when closing an app: How can I get windows 10 to return to the start screen instead of the desktop when I close an app? Seems strange that we are forced to use the desktop after win 10 has being touted as the next big thing! Answers anyone? Please?...
  9. iam not able to close edge

in Browsers and Email
    iam not able to close edge: for some reason iam not able to clse edge browser when click the x mark..first time it has happened. I even cleared cache.*Sad 77012
  10. Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking tile: Start Menu or Start Screen won’t close after clicking a tile of Windows 7 Games. I installed the Windows 7 Games on a Windows 10 machine. It works on the main (admin) account. It, however, has this glitch on a non-admin account, when opening one of the games on the Start...