Windows 10: Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel.

Discus and support Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,i'm having a samsung HT-J5100K home entertainment system with ablu-ray dvd player and 5.1 surround sound system. Iconnected it to my PC using an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abishek-pro, May 29, 2020.

1. Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel.

Hi,i'm having a samsung HT-J5100K home entertainment system with ablu-ray dvd player and 5.1 surround sound system. Iconnected it to my PC using an optical fiber and a HDMI cable. I have installed the latest Realtek HD Audio Drivers, i'monly getting stereo sound from the device. i'm not able to click theconfigure button in the sound control panel to set the device to 5.1 surround. There's alsono "Dolby Atmos for home theater" option in the spatial sound option

please help me with the issue.

For reference,

Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel. a1f00b45-9aeb-484d-a5cf-c7e5504255d9?upload=true.jpg

Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel. 4b0b837f-f7d8-478d-8b4b-967c0866f8bf?upload=true.jpg

:)

abishek-pro, May 29, 2020
  2. redant17 Win User

Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Win 10 on a Gigabyte Z170X mobo. This board has Creative Soundblaster audio as well as the Intel chipset audio that goes out HDMI cable. Both were working but at some point the system sent some audio to the monitor instead of the Creative device which goes
    to external speakers.

So I selected "disable" on the two Intel audio devices (one for HDMI, one for display miniport). Instead of appearing "disabled" they simply disappeared from the sound configuration list. They remain in the Devices list and are listed as "enabled". But
    since they are no longer listed in the Control Panel sound configuration settings, I can't turn them back on. Rebooting made no difference: still listed as enabled devices, but still not present in Control Panel sound settings.

I'd like to get the Intel devices back so I have the option of using them. Any suggestions please?

Thanks very much.

redant17, May 29, 2020
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Issues with 5.1 Surround Sound with Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Which audio driver are you using?

In order to output 5.1 surround sound, the sound card and the audio device (Speakers) must have 5.1 support and not all sound cards are configured to output 5.1 surround signal. Also, as you have mentioned that there could be compatibility issues where
    the audio drivers may not be fully supported on Windows 10?

If the sound card supports, and is configured to output 5.1 surround signal, please ensure that the computer is set up properly to output the signal.

• Open the Run dialog box by pressing the
      Windows key and R together.
    • Type mmsys.cpl and hit the Enter key to open the
      Sound control panel.
    • Under Playback tab, right click on the audio device (speaker) and select
      Set default.
    • Click on the Configure button to launch the device (speaker) setup window.
    • Click the dropdown list under Audio channels and select
      5.1 Surround and click Next.
    • Check the boxes Center, Subwoofer and
      Side pair and click Next.
    • Click Finish once the configuration completes.

Sometimes, the outdated, missing or corrupted audio drivers can also cause problems in 5.1 surround output. So, I would also suggest to update the audio drivers or uninstall/reinstall the audio driver if it the latest version of the driver is already
    installed. Please refer to the article below.

Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also try installing the High Definition Audio Device driver
    and see if that makes any difference. Please refer to the steps for uninstalling and reinstalling drivers under section
    Fix your audio issues of the link below.

Fix sound problems in Windows 10

Get back to us after following the steps above and let us know how it goes.

We await your response.

Regards,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, May 29, 2020
  4. DENMON Win User

Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel.

Cannot access the Sound control panel

Already tried ): Anywhere you can try to access sound, nothing happens.

DENMON, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel.

1. Not able to configure audio device to 5.1 surround sound from sound control panel. - Similar Threads - able configure audio

2. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  3. Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio Control Panel, IS NOT EMULATED IN Control Panel/Hardware & Sounds/ Sounds: I am not sure what the game play is between Microsoft, Realtek, and the motherboard manufactures, but I've gotten tired of it. This has been going on for years now and needs to be addressed. To the point that this issue has been reported to the Consumer Affairs Division,...
  4. Xear audio 7.1 surround sound is not showing up on the configure section of the control...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xear audio 7.1 surround sound is not showing up on the configure section of the control...: I brought a 7.1 surround sound headset and control panel doesn't show me the option for it to configure the speakers on the headset to 7.1 surround sound. Headphones: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TC8J6HK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1...
  5. Unable to configure audio device for 5.1 surround sound after update

Unable to configure audio device for 5.1 surround sound after update: I'm on Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 OS build 18362.476 [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-configure-audio-device-for-51-surround/d891a81b-a3f7-45a9-9ee6-2b8cb789ef03
  6. Sound control panel no 71. surround option

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound control panel no 71. surround option: I have Asus ROG Strix Gl503VMF. I am not able to turn on the 7.1 surround option. You can see screenshot. Please let me know, Why I do not have it? or how can I get this option? Please help me. Thanks. submitted by /u/abhishek170295 [link] [comments]...
  7. Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound Control Panel: Ever since the new windows updates, Sound Control Panel , also known in the bottom right (from sounds - speaker) as Playback Devices / Recording Devices, this tab has been taken out and we were given some option not many care about (even if they do, a lot of people never...
  8. Not able to open sound settings in control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to open sound settings in control panel: I recently built a new computer and I have windows 10 version 1903 build 18362.267. It lets me open the control panel but when I click on sound settings, a message appears on the screen that says "This app can't run on your PC" and under it, it says :To find a version for...
  9. Sound Control Panel

Sound Control Panel: Hi.Running a Windows 10 computer.Running headless using Remote Desktop.Only use the computer as a music server.Have a dac connected to computer.In sound panel under playback it's only option is Remote Audio.Dac and other options are not there.Right click to show disabled and...
  10. No sound, No Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound, No Control Panel: Installed Win10 and have the following problems. 1) I have no sound; Sound icon on task bars says "No audio Output Device Installed." When I run troubleshooter, it says Troubleshooting couldn't detect the problem. 2) Control Panel: When I click on control panel it...