Windows 10: Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...

Discus and support Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have 3 computer 01, 010994 and 024166. Now, from 010994 I am able to successfully run `test-wsman 01` and it works but from 024166 it gives me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mohit Thakral, May 20, 2020.

1. Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...

Hi,

I have 3 computer 01, 010994 and 024166. Now, from 010994 I am able to successfully run `test-wsman 01` and it works but from 024166 it gives me following error

test-wsman : <f:WSManFault xmlns:f="http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wsmanfault" Code="2150858770" Machine="024166.company.com"><f:Message>The client cannot connect to the destination specified in the request. Verify that the service on the destination is running and is accepting requests. Consult the logs and documentation

for the WS-Management service running on the destination, most commonly IIS or WinRM. If the destination is the WinRM

service, run the following command on the destination to analyze and configure the WinRM service: "winrm quickconfig".

</f:Message></f:WSManFault>

At line:1 char:1

+ test-wsman 01.test.tst

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : InvalidOperation: 01.test.tst:String [Test-WSMan], InvalidOperationException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : WsManError,Microsoft.WSMan.Management.TestWSManCommand

I have verified

Test-NetConnection 01.test.tst -port 5985

ComputerName : 01.hqtest.tst

RemoteAddress :

RemotePort : 5985

InterfaceAlias : Ethernet

SourceAddress :

TcpTestSucceeded : True

My event log also show a event with id 254 Activity transfer before showing the same error in event log.

:)

Mohit Thakral, May 20, 2020

2. Hyper-V Manager Unable to Connect to Remote Servers in Windows 10

I recently upgraded from Win 8.1 Enterprise to Win 10 Enterprise. I had Hyper-V Manager installed to connect to a few Hyper-V hosts running on Windows 8.x. After the upgrade on my machine, I can no longer connect to the remote Hyper-V hosts.

• All Machines are part of the same domain.
    • This worked prior to the upgrade.
    • Verified that all the Remote Administration and WinRM features were enabled in the firewall post upgrade.
    Here's the error I receive:

Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works... b2413319-11d2-44d9-b88d-c1407544b9e3.jpg

I've googled this a bit and tried a suggestion about running winrm quickconfig. That ran through it's process but did not resolve the issue.

Any help would be appreciated! I need to get access to manage these hosts through the Hyper-V MMC.

Thanks in Advance,

Doug

dstewart1829, May 20, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop not working for my Windows/10 machine

I restored a computer to original Windows/10, set it to allow remote access, and still can't access it using Remote Desktop from another machine.

They are both network connected to the same wireless router.

I'm logged into the same Microsoft account on both.

I'm trying to access it using either computername or IP address - neither works.

I CAN successfully run TRACERT using either computername or IP address and both work.

Windows Firewall does not list an application named "Remote Desktop" (still doesn't connect even if I turn the firewall off).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

DaveFromNH, May 20, 2020
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...

Windows 7 and Remote Desktop Connection

It is very obvious from what has been posted that multiple users from multiple machines connect to this server. He already said there are 3 users RDPing into the server, only one machine has the issue regardless of which of the 3 users is using the machine. The company that manages the server can also remote into it just fine, so that is 4 users. Plus everything was working fine yesterday, so unless the company managing the server went in and restricted the number of users and why would they, this is definitely not the issue.

Also, this is only an issue with Server 2003...God I hope they aren't still running Server 2003...

newtekie1, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works...

1. Not able to connect to remote windows server winrm, from one machine. Other machine works... - Similar Threads - able connect remote

2. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios When Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios When Connected: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  3. Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios When Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking Machine Remotely From the Bios When Connected: Is there a way a Laptop can be tracked remotely through BIOS Firmware, in dell machines when connected to Internet?Manufacturers like Dell / Lenovo releases firmware and BIOS updates from time to time. These updates may include security improvements and bug fixes, but they...
  4. Windows 11 and server 2016 on one machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and server 2016 on one machine: I have partitioned a drive on my windows server 2016. I want to install windows 11 on the new partition. Instructions say the computer will reboot opening the windows 11 install. Will I still be able to access my data and software on the server 2016 partitions?...
  5. Windows 11 and server 2016 on one machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 and server 2016 on one machine: I have partitioned a drive on my windows server 2016. I want to install windows 11 on the new partition. Instructions say the computer will reboot opening the windows 11 install. Will I still be able to access my data and software on the server 2016 partitions?...
  6. Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game for windows live, working on one machine but not the other :S: Hello people I have two computers, an old laptop and a new desktop, both running windows 10. Battlestations Pacific is the game that i am trying to run on the new one. On the old computer it runs perfectly fine since 2018 without any issues from the 'games for windows...
  7. unable to connect remotely to desktop at work from personal machine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to connect remotely to desktop at work from personal machine: A user is unable to connect remotely to her desktop at work from a personal machine both Windows 10 error your computer cannot connect to the remote desktop gateway server RD Gateway Server credentials popup appears, with logon attempt failed. The user account was locking...
  8. Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Desktop connects to a remote machine on one network but not others.: Hello, I am using mobile network hotspot to connect from my HomePC to a remote machine through VPN. I do not face any issues when I try to connect through Vodafone network where the speed is around just 8-9 Mbps but I could not connect through other networks like Three/EE...
  9. Connecting Desktop Machine to Server

Connecting Desktop Machine to Server: I'm having issues connecting a desktop to the server. I finally was able to add it to the domain, so I'm running off the "LinearMortgage.local" network, but when I go to Network on the PC, it only shows two of the other users machines on the Network, not the server or any of...
  10. OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other

OneDrive autoloads on one machine, not the other: I have OneDrive installed on both my desktop and laptop. Both are running Win 10. Whenever I restart the laptop (a Surface Pro), Onedrive starts with Windows. But when I restart the desktop, it does not. I have to pick it from the start menu and start it manually. What's...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. WinRM Management Unable to create pssession. Error: Connecting to remote server failed with the following error message : WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090311 occurred while using Kerbe