Windows 10: NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.

Discus and support NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello there! I am stuck in a bit of tangle here, I did a mistake of changing my Drive Letters i.e. say from 'E' to "A", I dont remember exactly but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RAHULUPADHYAY2, May 21, 2020.

1. NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.

Hello there!

I am stuck in a bit of tangle here, I did a mistake of changing my Drive Letters i.e. say from 'E' to "A", I dont remember exactly but now I am facing severe problem of unable to access my video file or even move or copy it to some other location or even rename it. I cant afford to lose those files, please..help me. NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE. 81630ccb-3d75-4bf9-aabe-4554217414ed?upload=true.png NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE. fe9c528f-68d8-4d3f-b471-2a4bd9c58685?upload=true.png NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE. bc9630ab-fe6d-4089-a6f0-28663780b7cc?upload=true.png

:)

RAHULUPADHYAY2, May 21, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

how do I copy and paste

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing?

• Are you not able to copy or paste the files?

• What exactly happens when you try to copy the files?

• Are you getting any error message?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• To copy
      Ctrl + C
    • To Paste ctrl + V
    And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/keyboard-shortcuts

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards

Arun B J, May 21, 2020
  3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, May 21, 2020
  4. Wozzer Win User

NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, May 21, 2020
Thema:

NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE.

1. NOT ABLE TO COPY PASTE OR DELETE OR MOVE MY FILE. - Similar Threads - ABLE COPY PASTE

2. Windows 11 copying, pasting, moving, deleting files, and then moving the mouse resource...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 copying, pasting, moving, deleting files, and then moving the mouse resource...: Why does Windows 11 copy, paste, move, delete files, and then move the mouse resource manager to occupy 90% or even 100% of the CPU? I don't know where the problem is. Every time my laptop runs for a long time, it will appear, and my paging cache is much larger than normal. I...
  3. Windows 11 copying, pasting, moving, deleting files, and then moving the mouse resource...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 copying, pasting, moving, deleting files, and then moving the mouse resource...: Why does Windows 11 copy, paste, move, delete files, and then move the mouse resource manager to occupy 90% or even 100% of the CPU? I don't know where the problem is. Every time my laptop runs for a long time, it will appear, and my paging cache is much larger than normal. I...
  4. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive: So, today i was having a presentation and when i plugged my pendrive in my laptop and tried to paste some items in it it gave me the following errors→ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folderwhen i click continue to give it the permission it says...
  5. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive: So, today i was having a presentation and when i plugged my pendrive in my laptop and tried to paste some items in it it gave me the following errors→ You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this folderwhen i click continue to give it the permission it says...
  6. Not able to Paste or delete files from an external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  8. copy move files

copy move files: Hi I am a photographer and on Windows 10 I manually copy images to backup all the time.... I want to copy files to backup and filter only by name & size and not by Date/Time... Because of Daylight Saving Time many times my backup files do not jive with the original files...
  9. Not able copy paste anything

Not able copy paste anything: Dear Microsoft, I am not able copy paste anything on any drive of my laptop with windows 10. I am getting destination folder access denied error as well message permission needed. Pl do the needful Thanks Rahul...
  10. No permission (copy, paste, delete) on my FreeBox Server

in Windows 10 Support
    No permission (copy, paste, delete) on my FreeBox Server: Hello, I'm connected to my FreeBox Server (Box-Internet Provider) via ethernet cable. Until few day ago, I used Win7 Explorer and I had all permissions to copy, paste, delete... all files in that FreeBox. Today, by using Win10 I have only a Read permission. No more copy,...