Windows 10: Not able to create initial account

Discus and support Not able to create initial account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I purchased a new PC with windows 10. The configuration process forced me to use my mircosoft account. No option to create local account in that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DanGro1, Dec 29, 2019.

1. DanGro1 Win User

Not able to create initial account

I purchased a new PC with windows 10.

The configuration process forced me to use my mircosoft account. No option to create local account in that process.

I do not want my Microsoft account for this pc, but a local admin user account.

The documents state I can switch to local user, but option to do so is not present.

It seems many other users have encountered this, and have had mixed results and success at best.

Does the forum have a solution? Have not found one from Microsoft yet.

Please not that upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 went just fine on another PC, but that PC already had the initial account.

:)

DanGro1, Dec 29, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 29, 2019
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 29, 2019
  4. Not able to create initial account

Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Dec 29, 2019
Thema:

Not able to create initial account

1. Not able to create initial account - Similar Threads - able create initial

2. Initial User that was created caused problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Initial User that was created caused problems: I had to call Microsoft because I was locked out of administrative rights on New computer after HP did the initial setup on the computer remotely.. Microsoft Agent so very kindly figured out how to reinstate that option. However when I looked at the list of users, the...
  3. Initial User that was created caused problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Initial User that was created caused problems: I had to call Microsoft because I was locked out of administrative rights on New computer after HP did the initial setup on the computer remotely.. Microsoft Agent so very kindly figured out how to reinstate that option. However when I looked at the list of users, the...
  4. Can't create microsoft account, work or school account is not able...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't create microsoft account, work or school account is not able...: When I try to create a microsoft account the error is "You can't sing up here with a work or school email address. Use a personal email...." https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-create-microsoft-account-work-or-school/999b995e-5cf5-4470-ba21-df6039366b4b
  5. Not able to create folders!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not able to create folders!: As said in the title I’m not able to create folders using right-click, Control + shift + n, or in file explorer. I’ve tried everything, clean boot, DISM,SFC scan, resetting file explorer. Nothing has helped, I don’t know if this is a glitch but any help would be apprecatied....
  6. Not able to create another user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not able to create another user: I created a new local user, but when i restarted only my old user is showing and the newly created user is not showing Why is this happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-another-user/39857e01-b148-45bc-a8e1-634d09375194
  7. Not able to create new partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to create new partition: Hi, I have 150 GB of free space in one partition and when I am trying to create a new partition out of it in the disk management, it is not happening. The mouse cursor just shows that some processing is happening but I am not seeing a new Unallocated space in my disk...
  8. didnt able to create shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    didnt able to create shortcut: hi see this when I tried to create a shortcut thids pop up [ATTACH] and see this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/didnt-able-to-create-shortcut/b8ff4de1-2577-471c-8ee8-cefb48386410
  9. not able to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to create a new folder: I have been using Windows 10 Pro for several years and have a new problem with creating a new folder. In the selected drive letter with all the folders showing, when I select home/new folder and enter the name of the new folder, I get a message saying that this folder already...
  10. Fix initial accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fix initial accounts: I just bought a new computer and was eager to get it working. I screwed up the initial setup of the accounts. I linked my hotmail account to the administrator account, and set up a pin for the admin account. I want to put the hotmail account on my everyday limited account...