Windows 10: Not able to create recovery drive for windows 10

Discus and support Not able to create recovery drive for windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have windows 10 licensed version in laptop. When I tried to create recovery drive for future use if it required, error "We can't create a recovery... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vijaydesai741, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Not able to create recovery drive for windows 10

I have windows 10 licensed version in laptop. When I tried to create recovery drive for future use if it required, error "We can't create a recovery drive on this PC - Some required files are missing. To troubleshoot problems when your PC can't start, use your windows installation disc or media" appeared and not allowed to create recovery drive.

How can I create recovery drive? Is there any option?

Regards,

Vijay Desai

:)

vijaydesai741, Dec 27, 2020

2. CREATING RECOVERY DRIVE

Hi Jack,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please provide the following information with us to understand the issue better.

• How are you trying to create recovery drive?
    • Are you using any external drive to create recovery drive?
    I suggest you to upgrade to windows 10 using ISO image and check if the issue persist,
    Using the media creation tool you will be able to install Windows 10.

Follow the below and check the suggestions provided which provides solution to your query.

Download Windows 10

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank You.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 27, 2020
  3. Help! Failure trying to create a recovery drive in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you while creating the recovery drive on Widows 10 with error: "We can't create the recovery drive. A problem occurred while creating the recovery drive.", we will help you with this issue.

This issue might have occurred because of the recovery partition is not created during Windows setup, and will be unavailable for Windows to access and use for the purposes of copying recovery files to a CD or USB, resulting in the error above.

To fix the problem explained above, it is necessary to copy the appropriate files from the Windows 10 DVD to your PC, so that Windows can access and use them to create the recovery drive. Then, the recovery agent is configured with the new path to the setup
    files and the creation can proceed.

Refer: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Follow the below steps:

• Copy the contents of the Windows DVD to a folder on your C:\ drive.
    • Launch an elevated command prompt window by typing in “cmd” in the search menu, and then pressing + + .
    • Type in the following to re-configure Windows to point to the correct setup files location:
    • reagentc /disable
    • reagentc /setosimage /path C:\Win10\
    • reagentc /enable
    4. Verify the commands worked by typing in the following:

• reagentc /info

Later, I suggest you to try creating the recovery drive as suggested in the Microsoft article and check if it helps.

Creating a recovery drive

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 27, 2020
  4. Not able to create recovery drive for windows 10

Create a Recovery Drive

Hi Élise,

To aid you with you query, we suggest that you check this
    link
    and follow the steps to create a recovery drive on Windows 10.

Let us know how it goes.

Justin Emb, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

Not able to create recovery drive for windows 10

1. Not able to create recovery drive for windows 10 - Similar Threads - able create recovery

2. Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10: I am unable to create recovery drive on Windows 10. Screen not moving beyond Please wait. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-recovery-drive-on-windows-10/93a39cc1-de75-47f2-abc1-4e103bd62470
  3. Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10: I am unable to create recovery drive on Windows 10. Screen not moving beyond Please wait. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-create-recovery-drive-on-windows-10/93a39cc1-de75-47f2-abc1-4e103bd62470
  4. Not able to create recovery Drive on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a recovery drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Create a recovery drive: Warning: Use an empty USB drive because this process will erase any data that's already stored on the drive. can i add OTHER files to the USB after i complete the process or not ? ( W10) 177798
  6. Create a recovery drive

Create a recovery drive: I have been trying to create a recovery drive on 2 Dell laptops. The message I receive at the end is "we can't create the recovery drive" "a problem occurred while creating it." I am using 16gb flash drives. Please help....
  7. Create Recovery Drive

Create Recovery Drive: I'm trying to create a recovery drive. I followed all the instructions, but the process doesn't recognize the USB drive I inserted (three different ones). I put the USB in an empty port on the front of my PC. Does it need to go in a special port? Any ideas? Thanks....
  8. create recovery drive

create recovery drive: how to create a recovery drive for re-installing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/create-recovery-drive/9d3a86bc-671e-443b-971a-06f457768705
  9. Create recovery drive

Create recovery drive: I am in the process of setting up my desktop following the directions at “How to set up Dell computer” (https://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/sln127699/how-to-set-up-your-new-dell-computer?lang=en) Once the desktop loaded, I attempted to Create Recovery Media using...
  10. Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Bootable USB Recovery Drive in Windows 10 [img] Information If you run into problems with your PC, a USB recovery drive can help you troubleshoot and fix those problems, even if Windows won't start. A...