Windows 10: not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc

Discus and support not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; files encrypted using bitlocker on my previous PC are not being decrypted on my new pc the files are my external hdd. Using win 10 pro... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RamanAgnihotri18, Jul 10, 2020.

1. not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc

files encrypted using bitlocker on my previous PC are not being decrypted on my new pc

the files are my external hdd.

Using win 10 pro

:)

RamanAgnihotri18, Jul 10, 2020

2. How to Decrypt *.cerber3 files?

AFAIK it's still not possible to decrypt your files for free...

In addition to what has been mentioned in the prior posts, you might want to read this:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/cerber-ransomware-switches-to-cerber3-extension-for-encrypted-files/

And I strongly suggest to read/do:

Jsssssssss, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Bitlocker Decryption paused and does not resume.

Hi Hamza,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction in fixing the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to fix the issue.

1. Open the command prompt as admin.
    2. Type in manage-bde –off <drive> and hit
      Enter.

manage-bde –resume <drive>
    manage-bde –on <drive>

Replace Drive by drive letter

1. Restart the computer and check the status of the issue

You may also refer the article Computer
    Crash: How To Use manage-bde To Recover A Partially Decrypted Hard Drive

for the detailed information.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to post your query in
    IT TechNet
    forums
    , where we have a dedicated team of experts who are equipped with the resources to guide you with the further steps to fix the issue.

Regards,

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 10, 2020
  4. not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc

Decrypting bitlocker.

Original Title: BITLOCKER

I am trying to get my HQ to move my computers form their OU to mine and I am being told that the bitlocker needs to be decrypted. Is that correct or is bitlocker unique to each computer and not the the naming convention of the location that initialized
    bitlocker?

ArtMurphyEM, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc

1. not able to decrypt bitlocker files on new pc - Similar Threads - able decrypt bitlocker

2. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  3. Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Decrypt files encrypted with Bitlocker with key: Good afternoon!I have a problem, I have a backup folder in an external disk, from a drive in my computer with Windows 11 and bitlocker are activated, I made a restoration of my computer and now I can´t access to these files, I have the keys of bitlocker, but I don´t know...
  4. Bitlocker stuck on decrypting

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker stuck on decrypting: So i dont know why when i go to disk management it shows that my Locak Disk C: was bitlocker encrypted, so i tried decrypting it from manage bitlocker, But now its stuck on decrypting,...
  5. Decrypting files on a new computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Decrypting files on a new computer: I have made a mistake of creating a backup of my old computer's files without checking for possible encryption issues. Now the old PC is cleanly reinstalled so I can't easily get the appropriate certificate anymore. What I'd like to know is whether there is some way to...
  6. Decrypting files on a new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Decrypting files on a new computer: I have made a mistake of creating a backup of my old computer's files without checking for possible encryption issues. Now the old PC is cleanly reinstalled so I can't easily get the appropriate certificate anymore. What I'd like to know is whether there is some way to...
  7. Decrypting files on a new computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. BitLocker Decryption Stuck

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitLocker Decryption Stuck: Hi Guys I am been driven crazy here. I turned off BitLocker through the GUI control panel however after a while the computer became unusable. The HDD utilization sits at 100%. I have tried restarting. I have tried disabling TPM in the BIOS as was suggested in another thread....
  9. Bitlocker stuck decrypting

Bitlocker stuck decrypting: i have a 2TB drive almost full, i have started the decrytion and it is stuck at 77% for about a week now. I have tried everything. There is no suspend or pause option in bitlocker manager. I have tried manage bde in CMD and when i try to pause it just sits there for days. i...
  10. Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key

Bitlocker decrypting to bitlocker key: I am completely locked out of my HP surface laptop because it’s requesting a recovery key due to the bit locker. I only have a blue screen and it wants the recovery key not the ID. i have a recovery key code that I had Microsoft account generate but it doesn’t allow me to...