Windows 10: Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall?

Discus and support Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I wasn't sure how to word the title, but the other day I went to use a program (4k video downloader, if its important) it said it needed an update so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gonely, Mar 29, 2020.

1. /u/gonely Win User

Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall?

I wasn't sure how to word the title, but the other day I went to use a program (4k video downloader, if its important) it said it needed an update so i updated, but then it ran into a problem and I dont remember exactly what it said but it was something about needing admin access, so I tried to uninstall it and it left behind some things which interfered with me being able to install it again, and when i tried to delete the folder it said I needed Admin access. I tried reinstalling it anyway and it says something wasn't found when I tried to open it and suggests reintalling. I'm assuming it didn't completely download everything because there were still things left over..

Again today I just downloaded a Sims 4 program (Sims 4 Studio, again, if its important) and it wouldn't start properly so I uninstalled it and again, it left behind the .exe file and the uninstall file, both are saying I need admin access to delete them. and then again, reinstalling it doesn't work because it won't install the .exe

These are both programs i've had in the past and updated without a problem, so i'm just wondering if I did something that is causing this to happen? Why am I suddenly not able to delete these folders?? I am the admin and only user on my computer. I've even tried changing the owner on the folder and it didn't work.

submitted by /u/gonely
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gonely, Mar 29, 2020

2. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall? :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall? :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 29, 2020
  3. Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yes, the install was corrupted the first time you tried to install it most likely. Now the system does believe it is installed and/or can't find the Uninstaller; however, the program scanner can still find the program folder.

Does the software work and just listed repeated? If so, use CCleaner. Under tools and Uninstaller (I think) you can delete the install listing with uninstalling anything.

If the software does not work, then you are going to have to start the uninstaller from something else like Ccleaner, directly from the program folder, or some other third party app. Then reinstall the software after a restart.

If that fails. Delete the program folder and user folder (Optional). Then run the uninstaller. It will say software not installed...blah blah, remove this listing? Click Yes. Then restart, reinstall.

TheLaughingMan, Mar 29, 2020
  4. Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall?

Strange Vista Ultimate Add/Remove Programs

Yea, the programs work... everything is just listed over and over... I used CCleaner and it worked just fine... thanks!

Morrison5891, Mar 29, 2020
Thema:

Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall?

1. Not able to delete folders & updates for programs are messing up and needing to reinstall? - Similar Threads - able delete folders

2. The "We need to update address" form messed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The "We need to update address" form messed up: Microsoft store requiring address update before purchase, but Canada is greyed out my account region is already Canada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-we-need-to-update-address-form-messed-up/70b0c76e-60e6-4005-99ef-071467792fde
  3. The "We need to update address" form messed up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    The "We need to update address" form messed up: Microsoft store requiring address update before purchase, but Canada is greyed out my account region is already Canada https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-we-need-to-update-address-form-messed-up/70b0c76e-60e6-4005-99ef-071467792fde
  4. I deleted a program through the program files folder and then I tried reinstalling it but...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted a program through the program files folder and then I tried reinstalling it but...: The app was the EA play app I deleted every possible thing related to this app but nothing works submitted by /u/oferpoferlofer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mit6t6/i_deleted_a_program_through_the_program_files/
  5. Messed Up Main Folders

Messed Up Main Folders: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Sonbun_142 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvll1j/messed_up_main_folders/
  6. How to clean up mess from deleting a program file?

How to clean up mess from deleting a program file?: Yeah so pretty much the title. I can't find what I''m supposed to delete using revo uninstaller so I'm asking if there's anything else. I've also reinstalled windows while keeping all my apps saved. Is there anything I can do to wipe the mess of files left behind by program...
  7. Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Messed up and deleted 'WindowsApps' in C:/Program Files: Ok so basically, I had an issue with movies and TVs which is unrelated to this, having no luck fixing it regularly I got ownership of the WindowsApps folder and went to town, AKA deleted all of it thinking SFC would just repair everything, TLDR - it didn't, now literally none...
  8. WIndows folders messed up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WIndows folders messed up: My folders seemed to have renamed themselves, joined up and changed icons. [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-folders-messed-up/91a307d3-95bb-49df-a573-195957efa147"
  9. Music folder messed up, needs admin rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folder messed up, needs admin rights: Hey, so I upgraded to Windows 10 and heard Groove Music plays FLAC, so I though OK cool! The old media player was hideous, but this sounds good! I was wrong... doesn't see my embedded artwork or half of the music names and info... now since I started using it, EVERYTHING in...
  10. Messed up downloads folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up downloads folder: Hi. I was checking on Microsoft Edge and was trying to change it's default download location to my Desktop. Now I couldn't find anything and so after some google'ing I saw a guide that instructs me to change something on my Downloads folder by going...