Windows 10: not able to delete ISO file

Discus and support not able to delete ISO file in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hey man can you help me? I have and iso archive file which I'm not able to delete, I'm neither able to eject the added drive. It's taking up space. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Parthsingh, Aug 1, 2020.

1. not able to delete ISO file

hey man can you help me? I have and iso archive file which I'm not able to delete, I'm neither able to eject the added drive. It's taking up space. I wanna get rid of it. Thank you

I also tried file assassin but even it couldn't help out.

:)

Parthsingh, Aug 1, 2020
  2. HAT
    hat Win User

wont boot into ISO file?

hm I used nero and put the iso on there like anything else
    ill try your suggestions with the .nrg file I no longer have the .iso (threw away)
    i was just curious

3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error when mounting ISO files

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand when you are trying to delete/rename/move the ISO files after mounting it you get an error message. It could be possible that the ISO file is mounted and that is the reason you are unable to modify it.

I suggest you to eject the ISO file and then try to modify it. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + E, to open
      File Explorer
    2. Click on This PC on the left pane, you will find the mounted ISO file.
    3. Right click on the ISO file and click on Eject. Try modifying the ISO file now.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 1, 2020
  4. timta2 Win User

not able to delete ISO file

Need ISO maker

Um, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't UDF the DVD format?

"The name ISO is taken from the ISO 9660 file system used with CD-ROM media, but an ISO image might also contain a UDF file system."

ISO image - Wikipedia

timta2, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

not able to delete ISO file

1. not able to delete ISO file - Similar Threads - able delete ISO

2. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  3. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete iso file: Today I was downloading a iso file to be use in a virtual machine for a test, and once I was done I just deleted it but I couldn't,it said "The action cannot be completed because the file is open in System" when I just ejected it a moment ago, now when I try to mount it it...
  4. Can't delete iso file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete iso

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete iso: How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't even know what the problem is with the second one but I can't Delete it the file by putting on my desktop the putting in the...
  6. How to delete iso

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to delete iso: How do I delete a iso i tried deleting it the normal way but that failed and neither iso can be mounted because one has nothing on it the other I don't even know what the problem is with the second one but I can't Delete it the file by putting on my desktop the putting in the...
  7. I cant delete a iso file

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cant delete a iso file: the file is 'kali-linux-2021.1-installer-i386.iso' my pc says its a virus and it is it takes 80% cpu usage and i cant stop it when i go into windows security it says i cant delete it I tried the mount and eject and it didnt work and i also did file assasin. please help and...
  8. Able to delete read only files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Able to delete read only files: I am able to rename and delete read only files. Why? How do I correct this? New build of Windows 10 Home. Error applies to all drives. Error applies to admin and standard users. I originally found the issue when trying to prevent accidental deletion of files copied...
  9. Can't Delete ISO File

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Delete ISO File: I Can't Delete ISO File that I have on an external disk drive. It says "the action can't be completed because the file is open in system." This is an unopened video file. How can I delete it? Thanks. 129282
  10. Delete ISO files?

in Windows 10 Support
    Delete ISO files?: Hiya....can I do this once I have upgraded to Windows? TIA 55031