Windows 10: Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

Discus and support Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmberChourishi, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

Hey,

I was just cleaning up my C: drive when I came across the windowsapps folder (i am using TreeSize) it showed that the windowsapps folder nearly took 12 gb of my C drive and the biggest file is some random game called dungeon hunter (1.86 gb) i have never played this game ever in my life and i don't know how it came in my laptop there are many more useless files just like this and I am not able to delete them because they are "owned" by the system. I really need to free my c drive.

Thank You.

:)

AmberChourishi, Mar 13, 2019
  2. S.cloris Win User

WindowsApps folder says permissions are corrupted and need to be deleted, is this normal or critical?

According to your description, I suggest you try the following steps:

1. Navigate to the location C:\Program Files.
    2. Right-click on the WindowsApps folder, and select Properties.
    3. Turn to Security tab and click on Advanced.
    4. Click on Change and then type Users in Enter the object name to select area.
    5. Click on OK, then click Apply > OK. You can also add the TrustedInstaller to the users list and check if it takes effect.

However, you might be still not able to access the files. The workaround is to go inside the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\, and repeat the same way with the Microsoft.WindowsStore* folders.

S.cloris, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Trouble deleting a folder

Thanks for the suggestion but it says "delete folder failed for E:\....." for each folder I try.

*Confused Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder :confused:

Will I be forever stuck with these unnecessary folders? *Oh Well Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder :eek:hwell:

oli_ramsay, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option.
    I have tried changing the permission by doing the following...

Right click on folder / Properties

Security / Advanced

Selecting "change" owner

In "Enter names" I type out the name of the new device and select "check names"

Then I select "replace owner on all subcontainers and objects"

I hit apply, and it tells me to close all the windows and reopen them for access

As soon as I attempt to delete the folder I get the same error. I have a windowsapp folder on drive and I can't delete it.

I want to be able to delete this folder so it's not consuming space on the drive.

ScottBrady86, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder

1. Not able to delete useless files from windowsapp folder - Similar Threads - able delete useless

2. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  3. Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete WIndowsApps Folder Huge Files: Hello there I have some old data in other drives of windows where I had installed xbox games and I think that's what has created that folder. Even though the games are no longer there I can't see to detete those files. I have assigned all permissions but some big files are...
  4. Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Deleting individual files in WindowsApps Folder: Hey guys, I need to delete certain files in the WindowsApps folder. Ive changed permissions to be able to modify/delete the actual WindowsApps Folder (I want to delete certain files in the WindowsApp folder not the actual folder itself) through permissions but even though I...
  5. How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to delete ''WindowsApps'' and ''Program Files'' folders?: Hey, I just noticed that I have two new folders on my hard drive one is called ''WindowsApps'' the other ''Program Files''. I have no permissions to read or delete them, even tho I'm the administrator. They seem to be system folders. Does anyone have an idea how to remove...
  6. Not able to do anything with the WindowsApps folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to do anything with the WindowsApps folder: so recently i downloaded cinebench from store and it took me a minute to find where its installed and it was under ProgramFiles->WindowsApps and since i wanted to install it on my usb flash drive so i can run it on any pc have or get without installing itits not the only...
  7. deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps

deleting files and folders from C:\Program Files\WindowsApps: Hi, I'm trying to delete app data from this folder that relates to apps which are no longer on my laptop. I uninstalled these apps a long time ago and their files are still showing in this folder. To delete the files, I'm having to change the permissions on every single...
  8. Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete

Unknown file in WindowsApp folder - unable to delete: Hello, after having issues cleaning my windowsApp folder, il discovered inside it another folder called MSIXVC, with inside, a gigantic 54.8Go file called " A23B7721-871B-4AD0-805D-C50F8EAA5363 " , and it's just a file, no extensions, nothing. It's surely a game or a...
  9. WindowsApps not able to be deleted...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WindowsApps not able to be deleted...: I'm trying to delete a WindowsApps folder in my D drive. I'm unable to delete them despite giving myself permission to do so. I get the following error: "You need permission to perform this action You require permission from (My name) to make changes to this folder"...
  10. Can't Delete Windowsapp folder

Can't Delete Windowsapp folder: I install my windowsapp games on a separate hard drive. After reinstalling windows, I am no longer able to access or delete this folder. Most of the drive is being used by files and folders I CANNOT format or delete. So formatting the drive is not an option. I have tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. scottbrady86 cant delete windowsapp folder

2. cant delete windowsapps folder