Windows 10: not able to edit my start menu

Discus and support not able to edit my start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm on windows 10 redstone build 14316 and from yesterday i'm not able to edit my start menu..It shows this message [img] 47666 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sanjayt, Apr 17, 2016.

1. sanjayt Win User

not able to edit my start menu

I'm on windows 10 redstone build 14316 and from yesterday i'm not able to edit my start menu..It shows this message
    not able to edit my start menu [​IMG]

:)

sanjayt, Apr 17, 2016

2. My start menu icons aren't showing up properly!

I have same problem, the start menu is not working. when you click it , nothing happened. Microsoft edge and store icon are missing on the taskbar.

start menu not working, Apr 17, 2016
  3. Babs111 Win User
    Start Menu Programs file is empty (Windows 10)

My Start Menu/Programs file is empty, so I am not able to edit which programs start up when I turn my computer on. I have Windows 10.

Babs111, Apr 17, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, many people have experienced that rather obscure message.

It means some settings have been changed - either by you, or perhaps by a program advertised as suppressing telemetry reports to MS.

One relatively easy approach that may solve this is this:
    Download and install Spybot Antibeacon (free).
    Launch it, and see if it indicates any settings are active (green bars).

Under the Protection tab, click Undo at the bottom.
    Then untick all options, close the program

Please post back the result.
    This is a useful thing to be aware of.

If that doesn't work, see this:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...8bd5c62?auth=1

which specifically addresses this.

dalchina, Apr 17, 2016
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Apr 17, 2016
  6. sanjayt Win User
    Thank you..step 2 worked*Smile

sanjayt, Apr 18, 2016
  7. sanjayt Win User
    Thank you..It worked*Smile

sanjayt, Apr 18, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

You're most welcome. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. not able to edit my start menu - Similar Threads - able edit start

2. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  3. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Still cant edit Start Menu: I still don't have a choice to edit the Start Menu.Still stuck with a stupid alphabetically list with the folder not on top.I have tried leaving feedback, but issue is still occuring....
  4. Still cant edit Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to Edit my Start Menu on Windows 10

Unable to Edit my Start Menu on Windows 10: Unable to Edit my Start Menu on Windows 10 There are no options when you right mouse click on icons in the Start Menu. I have 300 other user computers all working fine. Dism check came back clean, updates all done, I have seen other people with this issue, but no answer...
  6. Editing Start menu tile sizes

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start menu tile sizes: Is there a way to change the two square tile sizes offered? Currently, they are 150px and 50px. I would like to reduce the larger to 75px, which would would be a legible solution for laptop displays. 159617
  7. Start menu icons background edit

Start menu icons background edit: I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find...
  8. Can't edit start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit start menu: When I try to pin something to the start menu, the first item generally works. But when I try to pin a second one, the start menu freezes and after pressing the window key a couple times, it goes back to how it originally was. After pinning the first item, I tried naming...
  9. Editing Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing Start Menu: In all versions of Windows in the past, I have been able to edit and arrange program shortcuts and folders on the start menu. In Windows 10, I can open the folders containing the start menu items and make the desired changes, deletes, etc... but the changes are never...
  10. Editing The Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing The Start Menu Apps: Just a quick solution here rather than a question! I have a number of small system apps that don't have an install, so normally I would just create folders and menus in the Start Menu Apps folder - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs But Windows 10...