Windows 10: Not able to find options to reset display settings

Discus and support Not able to find options to reset display settings in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have recently did reset my PC and then I tried making some display settings, now the display colors looks very odd. Trying to reset display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by NagenBnb, Mar 31, 2021.

1. NagenBnb Win User

Not able to find options to reset display settings

Hello,

I have recently did reset my PC and then I tried making some display settings, now the display colors looks very odd. Trying to reset display options, went through few articles and tried to find all the different options each article suggested but I could not find any option.

Am i missing any drivers are some software packages?

:)

NagenBnb, Mar 31, 2021

2. Display settings

Hi Julia,

To reset the settings back to default, follow these steps:

• Go to your desktop, right click and select Display Settings.
    • Choose the appropriate settings from the options under Display.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Not able to find options to reset display settings

reset Windows display settings to default

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. We will help you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings and check if it helps.

Step 1: To check the text and font size follow the below steps.

1. Go to settings.

2. Click on “system”, under the display option click on “advanced display settings”.

3. Then click on “advanced sizing of text and items” and check whether the text and font size settings.

Step 2: To check the color contrast follow the below steps and check.

1. Press “Windows + X ” and go to “control panel”.

2. Click on “Ease of access center” and click on “Choose high contrast theme”.

3. Under “High contrast themes” check whether any option is selected, if selected then I suggest you to
    select any option under “Windows Default themes”.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Not able to find options to reset display settings

1. Not able to find options to reset display settings - Similar Threads - able find options

2. Not able to find settings option on my Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to find settings option on my Windows 7: Not able to find setting option on my Widows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-find-settings-option-on-my-windows-7/6c7361e0-4f06-440b-a520-77b2d782f97d
  3. Not able to find settings option on my Windows 7

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to find settings option on my Windows 7: Not able to find setting option on my Widows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-find-settings-option-on-my-windows-7/6c7361e0-4f06-440b-a520-77b2d782f97d
  4. Not able to access Display Adapter Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to access Display Adapter Settings: I have trying to access my display settings but I am getting an error "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permission to access the item"I am logged in as an administrator....
  5. I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I cant find the option to set 4k in display settings: Hello, today I connected my 4k TV to my PC along with a 1080p monitor. Initially the TV showed 4k at 30hz. Since the TV was rated for 4k at 60Hz, I changed the connection to a display port 1.4 on my PC and it briefly started showing 4k at 60Hz until I started playing a game...
  6. 1080p Not An Option in Display Settings

1080p Not An Option in Display Settings: I have a laptop with a 4k display but because of all the pixels being rendered, it causes my battery life to be pretty bad. I want to scale down my laptop display to 1080p since 1080p is exactly 4 times fewer pixels than 4k and therefore looks the most natural. But for some...
  7. Reset display settings

Reset display settings: I have s stupid problem that drives me crazy. A while ago, I have connected my TV via VGA cable to my laptop. I was using VG because my HDMI was too short. Anyway, everything was working just fine, and for no reason, once I tried to change refresh rate on my extended...
  8. Not able to find color calibration in settings

Not able to find color calibration in settings: Whenever I go to my display settings, I am not able to find the link saying advanced settings or color calibration. Can someone please help?...
  9. Reset Display Settings

Reset Display Settings: Hello, when I stack my program windows or want to see them side by side they are never even and cleanly stacked. I think I might have messed this up. How can I reset the display settings so that the windows stack and show evenly side to side....
  10. Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook.com Resetting Display Options to Default Settings?: I usually logon to my email account using my Outlook.com and is there a way to reset the Display options under the Mail settings? In the Outlook email client, this can be done by selecting Reset View. But I cannot find it in the actual Outlook.com web version. 106110