Windows 10: Not able to get windows update please help

Discus and support Not able to get windows update please help in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I am not able to get updates on my windows its loading only please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ANKITSINGH-1708, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Not able to get windows update please help

I am not able to get updates on my windows its loading only please help

:)

ANKITSINGH-1708, Nov 26, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 26, 2021
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, Nov 26, 2021
  4. AsRock Win User

Not able to get windows update please help

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 26, 2021
Thema:

Not able to get windows update please help

1. Not able to get windows update please help - Similar Threads - able update please

2. Not able to get windows update please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to get windows update please help: I am not able to get updates on my windows its loading only please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-get-windows-update-please-help/26bb9c09-9eeb-4393-903f-dac2720f4439
  3. getting this issue please help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    getting this issue please help: SourceControls the DTS audio processing object.SummaryStopped workingDate‎07-‎08-‎2021 18:50StatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\DTS\PC\APO4x\DtsApo4Service.exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name: APPCRASHApplication Name:...
  4. Windows not able to download!! Please help!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not able to download!! Please help!!: I got a dell computer from a administrator with a administrative account. I factory reset the computer twice but it still does not want to download windows because of that administrative account! Please help!!!...
  5. Please help: not able to connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Please help: not able to connect to internet.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/calm-smile4253 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ld3e0c/please_help_not_able_to_connect_to_internet/
  6. Not able to adjust BRIGHTNESS on Windows 10 pro. Please Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to adjust BRIGHTNESS on Windows 10 pro. Please Help: Hey, I recently upgraded my PC to windows 10 pro from windows 8.1. But I'm not able to adjust the brightness. Everything was fine in windows 8.1. But the brightness is at MAX and my eyes hurt really bad, and the battery is drained really fast..I have tried everything on the...
  7. Please help me be able to log in! :

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help me be able to log in! :: When I purchased and downloaded Minecraft game on my laptop, I used a different email address that I was already logged in to Microsoft for. Now, it tells me I have to buy the game and won't let me use the Hotmail account that I set up in Minecraft. Can anyone help me with...
  8. Windows Update not able be installed, please advise.

Windows Update not able be installed, please advise.: On my Windows 10 laptop Microsoft has been trying to do a massive update most of the afternoon and all evening yesterday and tried again this morning (see top image). After some time today it finally quit as it appears it failed to update (2nd. image). The 3rd. image shows...
  9. Windows Updates cause desktop to get "stuck" Please Help

Windows Updates cause desktop to get "stuck" Please Help: I apologize for the long post... just want to thoroughly explain my problem. So after some recent problems I figured i would just reinstall windows directly to 1803 edition. I used the official windows USB that i bought a while to format my hard drive and reinstall. It...
  10. Getting Errors - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Getting Errors - Please Help: I was having issues with my desktop. I ran a diagnostics through powerfcg.exe and found this. Let me know what you guys think I should do: Energy efficiency problems were found. 2 Errors 5 Warnings 26 Informational See below for more details: Power Efficiency...