Windows 10: Not able to install Microsoft .Net

Discus and support Not able to install Microsoft .Net in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am not able to install new version of Microsoft .Net. Whenver I am trying to install new setup getting below error .NET Framework 4.6.1 or a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Swati Jain swati_jain, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Not able to install Microsoft .Net

Hi,

I am not able to install new version of Microsoft .Net. Whenver I am trying to install new setup getting below error

.NET Framework 4.6.1 or a later update is already installed on this computer.

But i think existing .Net got corrupted. So I need help so solve this .Net issue, because of this many other applications are not working.

Thanks in advance.

:)

Swati Jain swati_jain, Apr 8, 2020

2. Microsoft .NET Framework, Unhandled exception

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to un-check and recheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series from Windows features.

Try the following steps:

• Press Windows + R keys to open Run command.
    • Type Appwiz.cpl and select "turn Windows feature on or off" from the left
    • Uncheck .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer
    • Repeat step 1 and 2 and check .Net framework 3.5 and .Net framework 4.6 advance series.
    • Restart the computer.
    Regards,

Waseemulla S, Apr 8, 2020
  3. .NET Framework 3.5 installation error: 0x800736B3

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to check whether the .NET Framework 3.5 has been installed or not.

• Press Windows+X and then select programs and features.
    • On the left hand side click on the option “turn windows features on or off”.
    • Check whether the “.NET Framework 3.5” has been checked or not.
    • If not check then I suggest you to check it and then install it.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Not able to install Microsoft .Net

Can not install Microsoft. NET Framework 3.5SP1

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the .NET Framework on your device. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to turn on .NET Framework feature and check if it helps.

• Press Windows + R keys from the keyboard.
    • Click on Programs and Features.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off from the left pane.
    • Check if the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0)
      option is available in it.
    • If yes, then enable it and then click on OK.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and restart the computer, if prompted.

This will install the .NET Framework 3.5 feature on the computer. There is also another way by which .NET Framework 3.5 gets installed on the computer. This is done by the apps on demand.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Not able to install Microsoft .Net

1. Not able to install Microsoft .Net - Similar Threads - able install Microsoft

2. Not able to install Microsoft MPI

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install Microsoft MPI: Hello there - I'm trying to install Microsoft MPI on my Windows 10 VDI. It works on my Windows 11 Desktop. wondering if is because VDI cause this issue. the msmpisdk.msi is working fine. just the .exe not working. When I open the installation file it show blue circle but not...
  3. Not able to install Microsoft MPI

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to install Microsoft MPI: Hello there - I'm trying to install Microsoft MPI on my Windows 10 VDI. It works on my Windows 11 Desktop. wondering if is because VDI cause this issue. the msmpisdk.msi is working fine. just the .exe not working. When I open the installation file it show blue circle but not...
  4. Not able to install Microsoft MPI

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Not able to install built in Microsoft apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to install built in Microsoft apps: I am completing a new laptop install for one of my clients. I noticed after joining it to the domain, and logging in with her account, all of the standard built in Microsoft apps disappeared. Calculator, sticky notes, photos, etc. I have tried dozens of Powershell commands,...
  6. Wifi Connected but not able to access net

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wifi Connected but not able to access net: Hi, I have taken desktop from someone and trying to connect that with my home wifi but it's not getting connected. Even if gets connected the website doesn't open. Have tried almost everything and now it's showing no valid IP configuration. So anyone who can help will...
  7. Microsoft .Net not installed properly

Microsoft .Net not installed properly: So my laptop was restarting after an update, after I logged in, there is a pop-up warning box saying that my Microsoft .Net version 4.0 or later not installed properly, please reinstall it. I tried downloading Microsoft .Net installer, but when I run it, it says that the...
  8. Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8 Will Not Install

Microsoft .Net Framework 4.8 Will Not Install: can someone please help me keep getting failed install with "parameter is incorrect" ill link the log that it gives me after each fail. OS Version = 10.0.17763, SP = 0.0, Platform 2 OS Description = Future OS - x64 Unkonw Edition (ProductType=48) MSI = 5.0.17763.557 Windows...
  9. Microsoft .net programs installed

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft .net programs installed: On my windows 10 loaded computer that is hardly 1 years old why do I have 10 versions of Microsoft .net packages loaded starting 2005 to 2015...
  10. Not able to use net on slow speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to use net on slow speed: I am on limited data broadband plan. After the limit my speed downgrade to 512kbps . And then I am unable to browse or even open yahoomail on my Window 10 PC but I am able to do these things on my wifi android mobile. Can some one guide why I am not able to use net on Window...