Windows 10: Not able to install new ISO on SSD

Discus and support Not able to install new ISO on SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Completed install successfully. I had to use the DVD method. Thankfully this laptop has one installed. Keith Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mark Phelps, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Not able to install new ISO on SSD

Completed install successfully.

I had to use the DVD method. Thankfully this laptop has one installed.

Keith

NitroBobby, Nov 10, 2015
  2. KenY21 Win User

Big THANKS, wildchill. I struggled with this error and solutions for this error for more that 4 hours. And finally saw your post and realize, that I also use Kingston DataTravelerG4 USB 3.0 drive for installation. I changed to some Kingston USB 2.0 drive and it worked like a charm!
    EVERYONE WHO GOT THIS ERROR AND ARE USING Kingston DataTravelerG4 USB 3.0 drive - DROP THAT SUCKER AND TRY WITH ANOTHER USB FLASH!

KenY21, Apr 21, 2016
  3. Thanks for this. I also had to delete my old Windows partition on my SSD due to existing MBR. Nice step-by-step Mark. *cake

pilsnermonkey, May 20, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Not able to install new ISO on SSD

I use that same USB (2 of them) and everything boots from it just fine. Problem is usually with computer that does not have ability to boot from USB3, not drive itself.
    W8 and 10 support USB3 boot and so few Linux distros too.

CountMike, May 20, 2016
  5. zxa1p1 Win User
    I like to confirm this, had the same issue, and using a USB 2.0 worked for me!
    And thank you btw!

zxa1p1, Jul 4, 2016
  6. Oh my god

Mist3rpickles, Aug 3, 2016
  7. Dafgarus Win User
    Wildchil - You rock, thanks a lot, that has kept me awake for days till I found that tip. All I needed to do is swap my USB!
    Thanks!

Dafgarus, Aug 10, 2016
  8. SoFine409 Win User

I wish I had seen you post earlier. I ran into this issue some time ago and discovered the problem with USB3 flash drives.
    Solved error - Windows 10 Forums

SoFine409, Aug 10, 2016
  9. I was having the same problem as Mark, and I was also using a Kingston DataTraveler USB 3.0 flash drive, but switching to a different installation medium (in my case burning a DVD) didn't fix the problem. I still got that "we couldn't create a new partition or locate an existing one. See the setup log files" error trying to select a drive.

In the end, the thing that fixed it for me was unplugging the other hard drives in my PC.

balderdash, Aug 26, 2016
  10. CountMike New Member
    Hi boulderdash, it's always best to disconnect other drives when installing OS. In no small number of cases BOOT files and sectors get spread over 2 drives and than neither would work without other. That is specially the case when second drive contains boot sector or whole OS.

CountMike, Aug 26, 2016
  11. skartout Win User
    Yes, it's strange, but it works. thanks.

skartout, Sep 25, 2016
  12. jdbaker82 Win User
    Good god thank you I really hate Microsoft and all computers right now I was beating my head against the wall for hours. Why such a simple solution so hard to find or why measures were not put in place from Microsoft to detect and fix such stupid problems. Ughhhh well thank you for saving the rest of my day today

jdbaker82, Mar 14, 2017
  13. Kari Win User

You are welcome.

Thema:

1. Not able to install new ISO on SSD - Similar Threads - able install ISO

2. install win10 iso on new SSD due to HDD failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    install win10 iso on new SSD due to HDD failure: HI.My daughters Laptop is approx. 10 year old that was pre-installed with Win7, over the years the upgrade path has left the laptop with Windows 10.The HDD is now starting to fail with large numbers of bad sectors. The laptop is close to unusable, but i have managed to save...
  3. install win10 iso on new SSD due to HDD failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    install win10 iso on new SSD due to HDD failure: HI.My daughters Laptop is approx. 10 year old that was pre-installed with Win7, over the years the upgrade path has left the laptop with Windows 10.The HDD is now starting to fail with large numbers of bad sectors. The laptop is close to unusable, but i have managed to save...
  4. install win10 iso on new SSD due to HDD failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing new SSD: I think I may have done something stupid and I'm hoping someone might have a solution to help me! My daughter's Lenovo laptop had an HDD and was running terribly slowly and causing problems when she tried to do her homework. I bought a Scandisk SSD, followed a YouTube...
  6. Installing new SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing new SSD: I think I may have done something stupid and I'm hoping someone might have a solution to help me! My daughter's Lenovo laptop had an HDD and was running terribly slowly and causing problems when she tried to do her homework. I bought a Scandisk SSD, followed a YouTube...
  7. new install on new ssd,

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new install on new ssd,: is there a way to delete just the windows files on my old ssd or am i going to have to format my old ssd to get rid of the old installation? submitted by /u/traveler9001 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxhkz5/new_install_on_new_ssd/
  8. Will a DVD ISO work with new SSD install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Will a DVD ISO work with new SSD install?: Hello I have an hp G60-447CL notebook which I just purchased a Crucial 525G SSD for and I am trying to make sure that the DVD ISO I made using windows will reinstall windows on my new SSD after I change it out. I know about cloning my hard drive but I am not interested in...
  9. Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?

Install Win10 ISO onto new SSD drive?: Hi All, A few days ago I got a new Win8.1 laptop that I smoothly upgraded to Win10. This laptop now shows as being registered with Microsoft. I just now purchased a 250GB SSD that will arrive in a week or so. I want to install Win10 on this new drive. A friend just gave me a...
  10. Will I be able to install Win10 upgrade on a new SSD?

Will I be able to install Win10 upgrade on a new SSD?: My Win7.1-64 system is very old and I need to do a clean install of Win10. My current Win7 is installed on an old SSD so I decided to get a new one, which I now have. My plan was to create a Win10 ISO flash drive, replace my current SSD boot drive with the new one, and do...