Windows 10: Not able to install updates

Discus and support Not able to install updates in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to install two updates on my laptop for last 2-3 weeks but error code is displayed as soon as they are finished getting installed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PriyankaV_95, May 16, 2020.

1. Not able to install updates

Hi,

I am trying to install two updates on my laptop for last 2-3 weeks but error code is displayed as soon as they are finished getting installed.

I have disabled my anti-virus so that it does not interfere with the updates.

Also, I saw some troubleshooting articles and renamed the Software Distributor to Software Distributor.old

Below are the two updates and the error that is displayed:

1. Microsoft.NET Framework 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64 KB4486153

Install error - 0x80092004

2. Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909

Install error - 0x8007007e

I am not very accustomed to doing high level coding and program changes so I would appreciate if you can help me with something that is a step by step procedure to resolve this issue.

Also, I would prefer some resolution where I do not have to format the disk because my important documents are in C drive.

Thank You!

:)

PriyankaV_95, May 16, 2020
  2. niko084 Win User

Insurgency wont install and run for me....

I have played and have fully updated CS and Half life 2....
    I am using the newest client and installed the SDK.

I am completely blown away, if i click the desktop icon it starts the sdk and then closes, and it doesn't show up in my game list...

First mod attempt install here, followed the directions step by step on the mods website...

Any ideas?

niko084, May 16, 2020
  3. Vista Pre-SP1 vs. Vista SP1

I've been Windows Updating for two straight days and I finally saw SP1. If you want to troubleshoot it, follow these steps:

• Show hidden updates
    • Manually install any failed updates (google the KB_____ and install from the windows site)
    • Make sure everything in Device Manager is good to go
    I had to do step two for like 4 or 5 updates to be able to see SP1.

Any other benchmarks you guys want to see? I might try PCMark05 (I think it works on Vista).

DanishDevil, May 16, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Not able to install updates

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Not able to install updates :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Not able to install updates

1. Not able to install updates - Similar Threads - able install updates

2. not able to update windows and install office

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to update windows and install office: Windows 10 BusinessVersion 21H2OS Build 19044.1288Error Code 0x800f0381and also for some reason i am not able to install ms officetried this https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/mem/configmgr/update-management/error-0x800f0831-installing-updateand this...
  3. not able to update windows and install office

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to update windows and install office: Windows 10 BusinessVersion 21H2OS Build 19044.1288Error Code 0x800f0381and also for some reason i am not able to install ms officetried this https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/troubleshoot/mem/configmgr/update-management/error-0x800f0831-installing-updateand this...
  4. Not able to install system updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to install system updates: Hi,I am not able to install the system updates.Can you please help me or else it will affect my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-system-updates/5f392299-6b32-480d-9ab2-4e160951e039
  5. Not able to install system updates

Not able to install system updates: Hi,I am not able to install the system updates.Can you please help me or else it will affect my work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-install-system-updates/5f392299-6b32-480d-9ab2-4e160951e039
  6. Update are downloading but not able to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update are downloading but not able to install: When on the installation phase the update gets error message that update failed Error 0x80070643. It says try again later but same thing happens when you try it. I have Windows 11....
  7. Update are downloading but not able to install

Update are downloading but not able to install: When on the installation phase the update gets error message that update failed Error 0x80070643. It says try again later but same thing happens when you try it. I have Windows 11....
  8. Windows Update Not able to install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Not able to install: I saw a notification on my device that an important update is missing, when I clicked to install it tried to install the update but it was unable to install it and said try again. please help. Its the cumulative update which is not able to install....
  9. Windows Update Not able to install

Windows Update Not able to install: I saw a notification on my device that an important update is missing, when I clicked to install it tried to install the update but it was unable to install it and said try again. please help. Its the cumulative update which is not able to install....
  10. Not Able to Install Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not Able to Install Windows Updates: Since end of October, I have not been able to install updates. I have experienced IE not opening. WIndows Store and other apps not opening have tried reset. Cant download Office 2019 wont finish gets to 56%.. THe biggest thing is it will not update with latest updates. I...