Windows 10: Not able to login in safe mode.

Discus and support Not able to login in safe mode. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AnanduMenon, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Not able to login in safe mode.

Hi,

I am not able to login in safe mode. I tried to open safe mode with networking, still not working. When I went to command prompt, it was still asking password. Everytime it is showing password is incorrect. I tried again after changing the password. Still not working. Please help.Not able to login in safe mode. [​IMG]

Not able to login in safe mode. [​IMG]

:)

AnanduMenon, Jun 22, 2020

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Aaron_Sum Win User
    Not Able to login

Hi,

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

Please confirm the following things for me.

1. Is your system connected to the internet? You can check this through the network icon at the bottom left corner of your login screen.
    2. What error message are you receiving when you login with your Microsoft account?

I would suggest you to login to
    http://login.live.com/
    with your Microsoft account and check if you are able to sign-in with your credentials.

If you are able to sign-in with your Microsoft account on the live website, you can follow the steps in this article to ‘Start
    your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    ’, kindly follow the steps in the section ‘From the sign-in screen’ and check if you are able to login to your system.

We await your response.

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Not able to login in safe mode.

Not able to login in safe mode windows 10 showing incorrect password

Hi Gaurav,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

What is the exact error it gives when you try to enter the password?

I suggest you to perform Safe Mode with Networking and check if you’re able to login using your Microsoft account.

Method 1: Safe mode.

Please follow below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click on Restart.

• Login to Microsoft Account and create a new administrator account.
    If you’re not able to login using Microsoft account then refer to below steps and check if it helps.

Method 2: Activate Inbuilt Administrator Account.

Follow the below steps:

• Click on power button at left bottom corner, press and hold
        Shift key and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot.

• Click on Advanced options.

• Click on Command Prompt and enter following command.

net user Administrator /active:yes
    Now reboot your system and login to inbuilt admin account and try to reset password for other account. Once you reset password login to other account and to deactivate inbuilt admin account enter following command in elevated command prompt.

net user Administrator /active:no

You can also refer to the below thread and check if it helps.

“Critical Error – Start menu and Cortana aren’t working. We’ll try to fix it the next time you sign in.”

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Not able to login in safe mode.

1. Not able to login in safe mode. - Similar Threads - able login safe

2. Not able to login in normal mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to login in normal mode: Not able to login in normal mode how to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-login-in-normal-mode/ab5c61e3-e499-422f-b5e6-920c772a5566
  3. Not able to login in normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to login in normal mode: Not able to login in normal mode how to fix this problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-login-in-normal-mode/ab5c61e3-e499-422f-b5e6-920c772a5566
  4. safe mode login trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    safe mode login trouble: i am trying to login on safe mode i did select networking. it will not accept my password on login screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-login-trouble/8625db0c-98bf-4024-86cb-b4faddd47505
  5. Login failed in Safe Mode

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login failed in Safe Mode: I could not login in to Windows 10 safe mode using the same pin I used to successfully login Windows 10 normal mode. I want to enter safe mode to remove bluetooth security tag which has popped up recently. What is the problem?...
  6. Stuck in safe mode without being able to login

Stuck in safe mode without being able to login: I used the msconfig command to boot up with Safe Mode on Windows 10. I made the mistake of selecting "Safe boot" as the option for loading Safe Mode. I restarted into Safe Mode without incident, but now I can ONLY enter safe mode after each restart. This would be fine if...
  7. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated 133435
  8. Not able to login to windows safe mode

Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated...
  9. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated 133435
  10. Not able to login to windows safe mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Not able to login to windows safe mode: Hello, I booted into windows 10 safe mode and I forgot my admin password. Now I am not able to login, exit safe mode or get a command prompt. Can someone help me out? Any help is appreciated...