Windows 10: Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error...

Discus and support Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I am not able to login in my laptop since last week using fingerprint option. Earlier it was working fine. The system is not recognizing my... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Ravi Thapliyal, Mar 4, 2020.

1. Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error...

I am not able to login in my laptop since last week using fingerprint option. Earlier it was working fine.

The system is not recognizing my fingerprint and also not showing any error.

I tried registering the finger print again but sensor does not proceeds further. It just keep displaying the message "Great, touch the sensor again". Screenshot attached

Also i did tried to use Hello PIN but i m receiving this error 0x801c004d. Screenshot attached:

Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error... 0b540290-6cc7-4d7b-9cc4-3389ceb8e630?upload=true.jpg Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error... eb79f783-2c8e-4f98-a64f-226996d2b24c?upload=true.jpg

Please let me know on this .

Regards,

Ravi Thapliyal

:)

Ravi Thapliyal, Mar 4, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Mar 4, 2020
  3. chris_80 Win User
    Windows Hello - PIN and Fingerprint not working anymore

First, this is similar with
    this question
    , but that thread is locked with no solution.

After some months of fingerprint login working fine, after some update few months ago fingerprint stopped working, error message like "windows hello encountered a problem and stopped working".

- noticed that PIN is not set up anymore

- tried to set up PIN or fingerprint - not working (fingerprint sensor was not even recognized by Hello, even though Dell tools verification was ok).

- reinstalled fingerprint sensor driver, managed to determine Hello to find sensor and allowed to set up fingerprint until near the end when it requested for a PIN to be setup. asked for my password but the next screen (to enter PIN twice) never appears

- deleted Ngc folder, recreated, managed to set up PIN individually

- when I try to set up fingerprint click on Get Started, asks for PIN, and after I enter the PIN the popup disappear but does't go to the next step with sensor, stays there with only the Cancel button visible.

To answer obvious questions:

- windows updates done. no change

- new account created and tried to set up. same issues with fingerprint setup, at the end not setting up PIN or I set up PIN separately on fingerprint start does not go further than entering PIN after Get Started.

chris_80, Mar 4, 2020
  4. Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error...

FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

Hi Xinete,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your query, I like to inform you that; we cannot set the finger print Logon without setting the Windows hello pin. Windows hello pin will work as an alternative option to login to your computer through finger print Logon. Windows hello
    pin will help you to login to your computer if you are unable to login to your computer through finger print authentication.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to enable finger print logon.

• Press Windows key + r and type
      gpedit.msc
      and hit Enter.

• Select Administrative Templates under
      Computer Configuration.

• Select Windows Components.

• Select Biometrics.
    In Biometrics > consider that for a home system, you might enable the following:

1) Allow the use of biometrics

2) Allow users to log on using biometrics

For information, refer to the below link:

Biometric Facial Recognition – Windows Hello - Microsoft

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 4, 2020
Thema:

Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error...

1. Not able to login into windows using fingerprint, also Hello PIN is giving PIN Error... - Similar Threads - able login using

2. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  3. Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hello prompt not asking for PIN or fingerprint for website login: On my new laptop with Windows 11, when trying to log in to a website that allows for Windows Hello PIN authentication the Hello popup does not give me the option to use a PIN or a fingerprint. Both are set, and I have reset them to be sure they are accepted, rebooted multiple...
  4. Hello Fingerprint and pin

Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  5. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Fingerprint and pin: Is it possible to block only PIN usage for end users? They will be able to continue using fingerprint biometrics. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-fingerprint-and-pin/0b960f18-2133-4be5-bd22-3a8f7d77f3db
  6. Hello Fingerprint and pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I am no longer able to use Windows Hello, the face, fingerprint, and pin option are not...

I am no longer able to use Windows Hello, the face, fingerprint, and pin option are not...: I am no longer able to use Windows Hello, the face, fingerprint, and pin option are not currently available. what do i need to do in order to fix this issue....
  8. Login fingerprint and PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Login fingerprint and PIN: My computer won't let me use my fingerprint of PIN to log in. When I hit "Forgot my PIN" I get a second screen that is blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/login-fingerprint-and-pin/2f342603-fca3-4073-8bb5-495038c85926
  9. Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, PIN: Hi, I just bought an Asus vivobook S15 S533, and all those windows hello sign-in options are sadly unavailable. I have tried as many steps I found online and in the community website but ffs nothing work. Idk what to do anymore. Please, I want to enjoy those features too...
  10. FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    FingerPrint - Without Windows Hello PIN: I'm hoping there is an MS moderator on board to review this and act. I've seen this question posted by others and want to reiterate that, as an admin, I am appalled that there is no way to setup fingerprint authentication on a domain computer without also enabling PIN...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. I tried using fingerprint sensor on LG GRAM Laptop but it kept asking for a PIN