Windows 10: Not able to make a purchase through family account

Discus and support Not able to make a purchase through family account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son’s Microsoft account has a $15 credit that I purchased for him.He wants to buy Roblox Dollars with it.As seen on the following screen shots,... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RachelLudwig3, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Not able to make a purchase through family account

My son’s Microsoft account has a $15 credit that I purchased for him.He wants to buy Roblox Dollars with it.As seen on the following screen shots, Microsoft asks me it purchase more credit in order to approve this.Am I missing something?

:)

RachelLudwig3, Apr 9, 2022

2. Unable to purchase on Microsoft Store with a Family account.

Thank you for your response. There are other games that allow you to purchase using the Microsoft funds that you transferred to a member of your Family.
    If you don't have sufficient money in your Microsoft account to complete a transaction, you must use another form of payment registered with your Microsoft account to cover the remaining purchase amount, charge the entire purchase to the other payment
    option in lieu of your account balance, or add additional value to your Microsoft account.

To ensure that the child account is allowed to purchase a content online, you have to check and change the restriction settings on the account by following the steps below:

• Sign in to your account on the
      Microsoft Family page
    • Find your child’s name and select More options > Spending >
      Change content restrictions.
    • Change the restrictions settings and allow the account to purchase.

If you are still unable to purchase the game, there is a possible issue with your profile or the billing information. We recommend that you contact Xbox Chat Support to securely check your account and the child account.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the suggested solutions above.

Loraine Mon, Apr 9, 2022
  3. How to delete an adult account in the Family Settings.

Hi,

To resolve your issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• As an adult in the family account, sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Under Your family, click
      Remove
    • Click the child account you want to remove, and click Remove.
    • You will get an email confirmation once the child has been removed from the family.
    Note: If you removed a Child account, it will be tagged as an "Orphaned account" and you will need to attach another "Parent account".

Regards.

Melowin Mar, Apr 9, 2022
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Not able to make a purchase through family account

Family restrictions on adult account

Hello Erik,

There are several reasons for this issue to happen. if you’re sure that your account should not be included in a family restriction, we suggest that you check the below articles:

These articles contain steps that you can perform to help you resolve your issue.

Keep us updated with the results.

Jelo Sen, Apr 9, 2022
Thema:

Not able to make a purchase through family account

1. Not able to make a purchase through family account - Similar Threads - able purchase through

2. not able to connect to make an in game purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not able to connect to make an in game purchase: I tried over the past 3 days to make an in app purchase Jewels of Egypt of an offer of 400 jewels for £16.74 without any luck. Today the offer has obviously ended and only 200 are now on offer. I am not a happy bunny!!...
  3. not able to connect to make an in game purchase

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    not able to connect to make an in game purchase: I tried over the past 3 days to make an in app purchase Jewels of Egypt of an offer of 400 jewels for £16.74 without any luck. Today the offer has obviously ended and only 200 are now on offer. I am not a happy bunny!!...
  4. Not able to make a purchase through family account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to make a purchase through family account: My son’s Microsoft account has a $15 credit that I purchased for him.He wants to buy Roblox Dollars with it.As seen on the following screen shots, Microsoft asks me it purchase more credit in order to approve this.Am I missing something?...
  5. Not able to make a purchase through family account

Not able to make a purchase through family account: My son’s Microsoft account has a $15 credit that I purchased for him.He wants to buy Roblox Dollars with it.As seen on the following screen shots, Microsoft asks me it purchase more credit in order to approve this.Am I missing something?...
  6. Not able to make payment through my Debit card

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Not able to make payment through my Debit card: I would like to buy Movie Maker Pro but while trying I am not able to use my debit cards. What is the best option to pay through internet banking or google pay?Please help me....
  7. Not able to make payment through my Debit card

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Not able to make payment through my Debit card: I would like to buy Movie Maker Pro but while trying I am not able to use my debit cards. What is the best option to pay through internet banking or google pay?Please help me....
  8. Family account can't make an "@"?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family account can't make an "@"?: I have added a family member to my windows microsoft account, but since they can't make an @ on the account I ask here. Familienkonto kann kein „@„ machen?
  9. Children able to leave Family!? Makes family pointless!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Children able to leave Family!? Makes family pointless!: Children do not need parents consent to have a Microsoft Account in certain countries.. They do not need to lie about their age. They still have a "Child" account. But need to be invited to family. And therefore need to accept in email.. therefore they also get the same email...
  10. Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family

Download apps purchased by kid accounts in family: I used the family function to link my two Microsoft accounts since one had an app code redeemed on it but I set it as a child account since I don't use it anymore. Can I download the app in question (bought with the old/child account) to my PC which is connected to my new...