Windows 10: Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error

Discus and support Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Not able to open any website on my browser it show ssl error issue even I'm try to open google.Com or any other website same issue found. I used this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by samiullah7, May 2, 2019.

1. Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error

Not able to open any website on my browser it show ssl error issue even I'm try to open google.Com or any other website same issue found. I used this computer once on same Wi-Fi were I use other but other computer is working fine

Plz help

:)

samiullah7, May 2, 2019

2. I cannot access secured ssl website to check email

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with checking email on SSL websites after upgrade to Windows 10. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to access the SSl websites? Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the complete and exact error message?
    • Does the issue persists with both Microsoft Edge and Internet explorer?
    If the issue appears with Internet Explorer as well, we can try clearing SSL state. let's try these steps below to do so:

Try to clear the SSL state from Internet Options and check.

• Press Windows key+R key to open Run prompt.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • go to the Content tab.
    • Click on Clear SSL state and press o.
    • Close and reopen Internet Explorer and check.

If the issue reappears, then do the following.

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.
    Restart Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, May 2, 2019
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    SSL Error preventing connection in Windows 10 - Potential Culprit Malwarebytes?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Yes, third party applications can block port #443 which is a port number for the secure version of Hypertext Transfer Protocol (http) used to access web pages. I would suggest you uninstall Malwarebytes as you already have Avast
    security and Windows defender which comes with Windows 10 to keep your computer safe.

If you are still not able to access the secure (https) websites, then follow the steps mentioned below:

Method 1: Check if SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are enabled

1. Open Internet explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet option.
    3. Then go to Advance tab and click make sure Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 are checked.
    4. Click on apply and then OK.

Method 2: Check the secure sockets layers (SSL) slate.

1. Open Internet explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet option.
    3. Then go to Content tab and click on Clear SSL State.
    4. Click on Apply and then OK.

Method 3: Reset Security settings under trusted sites zones in internet explorer.

1. Open Internet Explorer (IE) and then click on tools menu.
    2. Then go to Internet Options.
    3. Go to Security tab and click on trusted sites. Then click on reset all zones to default level.

Method 4:
    Follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix network connection issues in Windows

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Naresh_K, May 2, 2019
  4. Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error

edge browser won't open

Hi Michael,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please provide more information before we proceed

• Do you facing this issue only with few sites or with all websites?
    • Are you getting any error message when try to open?
    • Are you able to use other browsers on your system?
    • Is the Microsoft Edge Windows opens?

Step 1:

If Microsoft Edge browser opens, I would suggest you try clearing cache and cookies.

Follow the steps below:

• Click on the More actions (…) icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.

• Select Settings and click on
      Choose what to clear

• Check the boxes Browsing history,
      Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and
      files and click on Clear.
    Step 2: If the browser didn’t opens try running
    System File Checker.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

To perform SFC Scan, refer to the below link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Please do get back to us with the answers to assist you better with issue you are facing.

ThofikhAhamad, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error

1. Not able to open any website on my browser shows ssl error - Similar Threads - able open website

2. Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers: I get random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites. It was working fine until a couple of months ago. It makes the internet unusable. It is only on this Windows 11 machine which has been fully updated. I have a Windows 10 machine right next to...
  3. Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites/browsers: I get random SSL errors and connection timeout messages on many different websites. It was working fine until a couple of months ago. It makes the internet unusable. It is only on this Windows 11 machine which has been fully updated. I have a Windows 10 machine right next to...
  4. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  5. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  6. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. SSL certificate errors across all browsers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL certificate errors across all browsers: Recently, a lot of websites have been breaking for me with SSL certificate errors across all browsers. These websites work perfectly fine on other devices on the same network. Examples of these websites include reddit, howtogeek etc. Screenshots: Edge Firefox My windows...
  8. Why Am Not Able to Open My website

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Am Not Able to Open My website: I have this website https://maalamall.com i want to open this link in my miceosoft edge new version but it does not open. i have checked it in other browsers it works fine.can you guys check it for me if it is working on your side or not?...
  9. Wrong SSL cert showing up in browsers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Wrong SSL cert showing up in browsers: Hi, I have been trying to figure this one out for some time and it's really annoying. When opening a new page in Chrome or Mozilla I get a *.xxx.windows.com certificate xxx being different subdomains presented instead of the certificate that should actually be issued to...
  10. Opening my websites with my default browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Opening my websites with my default browser: I have found that Microsoft Edge is way to slow as a default browser. I chose Google Chrome as my default browser. I use Cortana a lot. I checked my settings and Google Chrome IS my default browser. My question is this. Why does Cortana use Microsoft Edge to open my web...