Windows 10: Not able to open chm file using windows services

Discus and support Not able to open chm file using windows services in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,I am using node code to open the chm file using exec. Using node as a service and try to open chm file is not working, it going to stdout but file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Mugdha Pandya, Aug 26, 2021.

1. Not able to open chm file using windows services

Hi,I am using node code to open the chm file using exec. Using node as a service and try to open chm file is not working, it going to stdout but file is not displaying. If stop the service and open node in command line it will open the chm file.This functionality was working fine before 1 month, after that it suddenly stopped.Please help me on this if anyone has face same issue. exec`start ${config.hh_exe_path} ${dir}`, error, stdout, stderr => { if error { console.lo

:)

Mugdha Pandya, Aug 26, 2021
  2. DaveM121 Win User

can't open CHM file on win10

Hi xalspaero

Chm files should open in Windows 10 without any issue

Right click a chm file and choose Open with

Does Microsoft Help HTML Executable appear in the list?

If not, scroll down and click 'More Apps'

Again check for Microsoft Help HTML Executable, if that s not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC'

Navigate to find: C:\Windows\hh.exe

If that file does not exist, click the link below to download HTML Help Workshop and Documentation, which will contain hh.exe

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/detail...

DaveM121, Aug 26, 2021
  3. Gowrish_S Win User
    .chm file opening problem

Hi StephenFeldheim,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Sometimes, due to security reasons, the .CHM file you want to open may be blocked. You will have to unblock it to view the contents of the .CHM files.

Please try this step and let us know if it works:

1. Right click on the .CHM you want to open and click on Properties.

2. Under the General tab, check the option called Unblock.

3. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Aug 26, 2021
  4. Not able to open chm file using windows services

CHM not opening from network folder

Hello,

I can't find anything answer to my problem:

One user complained that he could not open CHM file.

Error:

Not able to open chm file using windows services 97ebb69d-0345-4621-b90a-c7f30c19c782?upload=true.png

He mentioned, after vacation everything worked.

What I found:

.chm not opening from network folder, after copy this file on desktop, problem solved. But the person is working with much .chm document, and copy all uncomfortable.

What I tried:

• Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\HTMLHelp\1.x\ItssRestrictions MaxAllowedZone to 1;2;3;4
    • Create UrlAllowList in regedit.
    • Uninstall last installed windows updates.
    • Open from another (administrator) user on this pc.
    • Change location of .chm file f:\ g:\ and other mapped disk, or open path with ip: \\192.168.1.1\folder\file.chm
    • No "#" or "%" symbol in file name or path.
    • No choose "unblock" in properties.
    • Other computers with same windows from image, can open this file from network folder.
    Maybe you have more ideas? Thanks.

johnhurst2, Aug 26, 2021
Thema:

Not able to open chm file using windows services

1. Not able to open chm file using windows services - Similar Threads - able open chm

2. File Explorer not able to open files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer not able to open files: Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a...
  3. File Explorer not able to open files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer not able to open files: Hi, I have been having this problem for a few days. The file explorer is not able to open files.I can open folders in the explorer so it is likely not a mouse problemThe only effect of double-clicking a file is that the cursor shows the "working in background" pointer for a...
  4. Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004, 20H2 chm files open network issue: Hello. I have Windows 10 2004, 20H2. Chm files working in local path C:\share\file.chm. But in network path \\localhost\share\file.chm files not working opening is clear windows. How to fixed this problem? PS: The problem is similar in this thread, but without a...
  5. not able to open any file

not able to open any file: when i want to open a file, it asks if i want to send it to recycle bin. this happens repeatedly. I have a TREND protection and no viruses have been found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-open-any-file/395c22d9-0fad-400b-92ee-365ad35545be
  6. Windows 10 1607 chm files not working network

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1607 chm files not working network: Hello. I have Windows 10 1607. Chm files working in local path (C:\share\file.chm). But in network path (\\localhost\share\file.chm) files not working (opening is clear windows). How to fixed this problem....
  7. not able to open zipped and compressed files using windows 10

not able to open zipped and compressed files using windows 10: up until just a few days ago I was able to open zipped/compressed files just by right clicking on them and clicking extract files. Now I just constantly a pop up saying "Cannot Complete the compressed (zipped) folders extraction wizard. and that the compressed (zipped)...
  8. How Do I use CHM files in Office Excel 365

How Do I use CHM files in Office Excel 365: I've created a VBA form in Office Excel 365. I've also created a help file (CHM format), and trying to integrate it into my form so that F1 will use it, and the "What's this" button will use it. So far I can't see how to do this; it seems that Office Excel 365 is still...
  9. .chm file opening problem

.chm file opening problem: I am trying to open a .chm file in Windows 10. I am only getting the menu on the left, see below [ATTACH] it should look like this with an index on the left and links on the right. Any one have a suggestion. [ATTACH]...
  10. .Chm-file does not show images when opened with right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft...

.Chm-file does not show images when opened with right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft...: I have a weird problem. When opening .chm-files by double click or right mouse click->Open or form the command prompt by the command hh.exe ".chm-file" everything works fine. But when opening the same .chm-file by right mouse click->Open with...->Microsoft HTML Help...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open chm file in windows 10

2. cannot open chm