Windows 10: Not able to open D:/ drive folders. Slow/unresponsive/ crashes and always have to force...

Discus and support Not able to open D:/ drive folders. Slow/unresponsive/ crashes and always have to force... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having trouble accessing my D:/ drive since I performed a reset of my computer following it being very unresponsive and in an attempt to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nilo_165, May 21, 2021.

1. Nilo_165 Win User

Not able to open D:/ drive folders. Slow/unresponsive/ crashes and always have to force...

I've been having trouble accessing my D:/ drive since I performed a reset of my computer following it being very unresponsive and in an attempt to fix it, reinstalled the whole Windows and did a reset while preserving personal data. And since my SSD is only 118GB and even after reset only 50GB was remaining, I changes my Download location to D:/ drive. But I haven't been able to access the folders and the laptop has become very slow and unresponsive to commands and takes around 5-20 mins to respond to a click of a folder . And even sometimes when I do manage to open other folders in my D drive

:)

Nilo_165, May 21, 2021

2. I am not able to open favorites folder or sub folders under it in EDGE browser

Hi Rodney,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Did you checked whether you are able to see the favorite’s folder under your users?

• Are you able to see the Favorites bar on EDGE browser?

• Does the EDGE browser close/crashes only when you try to open the favorites folder or any other scenarios?
    Note: By default the favorite’s folder will be present under your user’s folder. Follow the below steps to check if you are able to view the favorites.

• Open the ‘C’ drive on your computer. If your OS is installed on any other drive, open that one.
    • Under the ‘Users’ section, locate the name of your system’s main admin account and open its folder.
    • Locate the folder named ‘favorites’ and open it. In short, the path for this folder becomes as follows (assuming the system drive to be ‘C’ and your account name to be ‘Hamza’).

C:\users\hamza\favorites\
    I suggest you to refer to the section Import favorites in the below link on how to Import favorites in Internet Explorer.

Use favorites to save websites you like

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/add-view-organize-favorites#ie=ie-11

Note: You may try to browse to the favorite’s folder as suggested in the above steps if the favorite’s folder is present.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 21, 2021
  3. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, May 21, 2021
  4. rakhurst Win User

Not able to open D:/ drive folders. Slow/unresponsive/ crashes and always have to force...

Windows Media Player - All library folders on D: now unresponsive

Hello All, first post, so please be gentle.

I have performed a clean install of Windows 10 Pro onto a new HDD I put into my desktop PC, with all my media still on a separate 1TB HDD D: drive.

I've subsequently organised the shared folders on my D: drive into the appropriate media library's in Windows Media Player, however, when I view the media library on my PlayStation 3, the D: drive folders aren't displayed.

Now when I view the various library's in Windows Media Player, all the D: folders are shown as "unresponsive". I've tried removing and re-adding the folders and re-building the library, but that didn't help. If I add a folder on the C: drive, no problem, but any folder I add from the D: drive shows as unresponsive.

I did some Google searching, and made sure they were being indexed, which they weren't, however, when clicking "modify" and "show all locations", D: doesn't show up as an available drive to index.

I've thought about un-mounting and then re-mounting D: drive, but have no idea whether that would help or not, so it's over to you guys for help.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

Cheers.

rakhurst, May 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Not able to open D:/ drive folders. Slow/unresponsive/ crashes and always have to force... - Similar Threads - able open drive

2. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  3. Files and folders in D drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Files and folders in D drive: Hello,I have a new desktop computer with Windows 11 22H2 with a 1/4 T SSD drive C: and a full T hard drive D:.I am confused by file and folder icons. Can I move, or delete, or rename folders in the D drive without screwinganything up?Mark...
  4. I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have accidentally merged Documents folder to D drive.: Hi,I have used this guide to fix the accidental merging of Desktop and D drive which I also did https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-accidentally-merged-my-desktop-to-d-drive/062dc89d-727d-47c6-9657-b1d6eea48f29I realised that :\D has the Document folder...
  5. Having daily crashes and mouse unresponsive when opening Valorant

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Having daily crashes and mouse unresponsive when opening Valorant: I have been having daily crashes when turning my pc on for the day. It will work for a little while and then all of a sudden crash. I can not give stop codes because it is literally different every single time I crash. I have factory reset my pc 4 times. two times with...
  6. Force folder to have an admin password to open it.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Force folder to have an admin password to open it.: Hellow again... for the 5th time...I let my friends use my computer a lot, they are a very snoopy bunch, I have the only account on my computer, and my account is an admin account, Usually, when I do not have permission to a folder, I need to give admin access to myself in...
  7. giant folder in d drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    giant folder in d drive: Hi! So there is a folder in my d drive named my laptop name. I tried to delete it today but decided to cancel halfway through, in case it would damage my computer. The icon doesn't have a normal folder icon, instead it's a disc above what looks like a hard drive with a green...
  8. Bitlocker not opening drive D

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker not opening drive D: There was blue screen issu service exception .After failure in all available techniques i decided to new windows 10 locked D: by bitlocker .I do..but now D is not opening with correct password.some time it return wrong password.and mostly no return ... I cannot use...
  9. Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is slow and settings is unresponsive, crashes and is slow.: Settings is slow on my device and usually crashes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-is-slow-and-settings-is-unresponsive/306eb610-8a2d-4398-b915-7a7d17bb0106
  10. I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    I have D Drive and D System Folder - Want to get rid of System Folder: I'm attaching a screenshot with notes - it will tell you/show you better than I can explain here. Bottom line, I wanted my Pictures folder on Drive D - not C. My goal was/is to have all Data files on drive D and all Windows and config type files on drive C. I have just one...