Windows 10: Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu

Discus and support Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to open Device Manager by typing "Device Manager" in Start Search Box I am getting below error. [ATTACH] But I can able to open Device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BrinDhana, Jun 1, 2019.

1. BrinDhana Win User

Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu

When I try to open Device Manager by typing "Device Manager" in Start Search Box I am getting below error.

Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu a5393c83-07f8-4ef8-b5fc-6bfe5a1d66bf?upload=true.png

But I can able to open Device Manager by right-clicking Start Menu and from Control Panel. It is not opening only when try to open by searching.

Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu 56ad1b0b-5744-42e8-b6df-3e9fcc3cf4ac?upload=true.png

:)

BrinDhana, Jun 1, 2019

2. Device Manager Missing

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

Please share the following details.

• Are you able to see device manager in Control Panel?

• What is the status when you click on the option?

• Do you see any error code or error message on the screen?

• Since when did the issue started appearing?

As a work around, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start Menu
    Check if you are able to see device manger in the pop up menu.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Can't open start menu, cortana, nor the task manager after creators update.

Hi Anna,

Since you mentioned that you're experiencing issues with the Start menu, Cortana and Task Manager, we may need to do several troubleshooting procedures.

For our first procedure, could you please try to right-click the Start
    menu, select Task Manager and check if you are able to access it. If you are still not able to access the Task Manager, try to press
    Windows Key+R from your keyboard and type "Task Manager" on the run command and check if you are able to access it.

If you're able to access the Task Manager, please follow the steps and check if the steps help to fix the Task Manager:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click on the Details tab.
    • Right-click on the Explorer.exe process and select End task.
    • Right-click on the File at the upper left part.
    • Select Run new task and type explorer.exe and click Ok.

To troubleshoot the Start menu and Cortana, we suggest that you carefully follow the workaround provided by
    Andre Da Costa, dated last October 17, 2017, on this thread.

We are eager on getting this resolved for you, we will wait for your feedback.

Lawrence Lib, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu

Surface Pro Won't Open Start Menu

Hello Josh,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    2. Click OK.
    • Were there any recent changes made prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried restarting the Explorer.exe? To do this, press and hold Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select Task Manager. In the Task Manager window, under Processes tab; look for Windows Explorer and right-click on it and select Restart.

Meanwhile, I'd recommend performing the steps in this article
    to troubleshoot issues on opening Start menu and Cortana.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu

1. Not able to open Device Manager from Start Menu - Similar Threads - able open Device

2. Start Menu is not opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu is not opening: The start menu is not opening using the mouse by clicking on the windows logo in the taskbar nor the keyboard on my windows 11 system. I have restarted my laptop multiple times but the same issue occurs. Because of this, I am unable to access the search function also, neither...
  3. Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps will not open from start menu or taskbar: Hello, I am running windows 10 and when I open the start menu to search for a program, it will not open. When I click an app or file from within the menu, it says the following: "The item you selected is unavailable. I might have been moved, renamed, or removed..."...
  4. Cannot launch device manager through start menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot launch device manager through start menu: Attempting to launch device manager through the start menu yields an error box: ::{26ee0668-a00a-44d7-9371-beb064c98683}\0\::{74246BFC-4C96-11D0-ABEF-0020AF6B0B7... Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to...
  5. File explorer not opening from start menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer not opening from start menu: [ATTACH] I recently changed my Windows 10 theme and now I can't open folders in file explorer from the start menu. It works fine with apps but it just doesn't work with folders. I tried restarting and it still doesn't work. I tried searching for solutions but they were...
  6. Administrator of domain cant open device manager from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Administrator of domain cant open device manager from start menu: Hello, On any of the computers on my domain, the administrator account cannot open device manager from searching it in start menu. I can open it from the control panel and I can open it from 'Run'. I can also open the device manager from the start menu if I am on a...
  7. Can't open programs from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't open programs from the start menu: Hi, everyone. So this issue just started happening today. I am currently on the anniversary build and when I search for a program in the start menu and try to open it, it won't open. Things like run, Chrome, etc. all won't open. Basic windows apps such as the calculator seem...
  8. Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device Manager shortcut to taskbar/start menu?: Is there any way to add the Device Manager to the taskbar or start menu? I have a bluetooth dongle that I always need to disable/enable from that menu. 48675
  9. Start Menu not opening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not opening: Trying to resolve this issue for a couple of days where the start menu doesn't open when its clicked on. I have seen other posts with this issue where its an issue with personalization settings under ms-settings. I am unable to open Ms-settings because I receive the error...
  10. Not able to search executables or pinned Start apps from Start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to search executables or pinned Start apps from Start menu: I'm running the RTM on a netbook and have noticed that, unlike in Windows 7/8/8.1, I'm no longer able to hit Start and type in an executable. I have a bunch of portable apps that I typically type in and pull up. Now, the Start menu search pulls up ever OTHER file except the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device manager not opening from start menu

2. cant open device manager from start menu

3. cant start windows device manager from search