Windows 10: not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,...

Discus and support not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I originally couldn't connect to my printer via the network but, with more troubleshooting I realized I couldn't ping my own router, self, or any other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by lorjua, Jul 13, 2018.

1. lorjua Win User

not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,...

I originally couldn't connect to my printer via the network but, with more troubleshooting I realized I couldn't ping my own router, self, or any other device. I am able to access the internet flawlessly. I can ping outside of my network not within. I thought it was maybe a network issue but I am able to ping all the devices I couldn't reach using my MacBook pro. I disabled my firewall, reset my network settings to default, restarted router, and a couple of random things that did not seem to help. I have been trying to wrap my head around this for hours, if someone can please help me.

:)

lorjua, Jul 13, 2018
  2. oily_17 Win User

internet connection problem- help

If the desktop downstairs is running XP Pro as well,I would check all the setting on it are the same as on yours.

Start in Network Connections and check everything step by step.

If you goto Start >> Run and type CMD

Then type- ping (your router ie:192.168.1.1)

are you able to ping your router?

oily_17, Jul 13, 2018
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Jul 13, 2018
  4. ryley2637 Win User

not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,...

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares. It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this. I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks. When I disable the firewall on public networks (the VPN adapter) I can ping, but once I enable that it stops pinging. I've tried everything listed below but still can't get it to work:

• Checked port 1723 is open
    • Allowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule, through it
    • Checked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and 3G with a phone
    • Restarted PC; other devices and router
    • I can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN (which is the one I need)
    • and so many other steps.
    • Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center

Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add? Any help or tips would be appreciated!

ryley2637, Jul 13, 2018
Thema:

1. not able to ping router or within network But I have access to internet with no problem,... - Similar Threads - able ping router

2. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton: I'm at a total loss.removed norton with their removal tool.loss all internet accessdid a netsh int ip reset and now network connection says "internet access" however no internet and I cannot even ping my router or 8.8.8.8 - error message is "General failure"tried to Type...
  3. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton: I'm at a total loss.removed norton with their removal tool.loss all internet accessdid a netsh int ip reset and now network connection says "internet access" however no internet and I cannot even ping my router or 8.8.8.8 - error message is "General failure"tried to Type...
  4. Can no longer ping router, 8.8.8.8 or gain internet access after removing norton

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Able to ping but no internet for browsers

Able to ping but no internet for browsers: Since updating last week with windows update kb4023057 and kb5003637 any browser that I try to use will not connect to the internet Chrome, edge, Firefox. I have been unable to sync my email as well. I am able to ping any address I enter as well as IP with no issue. I have...
  6. Network access problem after router change

Network access problem after router change: Just switched from Virgin Media to BT and all is well apart from a problem with my home network, consisting of a desktop, a laptop, and a NAS. Desktop and laptop are both running Win 10.2004. The problem seems to be with name resolution when laptop tries to access shares on...
  7. Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers)

Router upgrade - unable to ping network PC (but can ping in revers): Version 2004 I have 2 computers (Dell and Lenovo) on my home network, which were connected to a Netgear router via ethernet cable. I had enabled file / print sharing across these and was able to access files on the hard drives on the respective PCs. Yesterday I replaced...
  8. Wi-fi and internet working, but cannot ping router

Wi-fi and internet working, but cannot ping router: Windows 10, Verizon FIOS router 3-4 years old. I can easily connect to the internet via wireless - however I have never successfully connected to our printer, which is in another room, connected to the router via ethernet, and has a static IP address. I finally got fed up...
  9. Unable to ping any device connected to the network including router , while having perfect...

Unable to ping any device connected to the network including router , while having perfect...: Whenever I try to ping any connected device, I get General failure . I am able to ping servers like 8.8.8.8 without an error. I looked up this issue online and tried several of the suggested fixes , but none of them worked , probably because they were for older versions of...
  10. want to access router but not internet

want to access router but not internet: Hi, I dual boot win 10 and linux. Is there a way with Win 10 I can disable the internet but still acess my router? Thanks. 74526