Windows 10: Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

Discus and support Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I connect to my network through SSL VPN and can access differenr windows server, windows 10 except 1 windows 10 machine. Firewall is disable on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Salam ELIAS, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

Hi, I connect to my network through SSL VPN and can access differenr windows server, windows 10 except 1 windows 10 machine. Firewall is disable on the 3 profiles.What can be the root problem or which setting should be checked? When I am on my LAN I can ping it, can RDPit, access internet sites on this win10 machine which I can't do when I connect through the VPN.I am almost sure it is not related to Firewall or VPN as the VPN can connect to other machines without any problem

:)

Salam ELIAS, Sep 26, 2022
  2. ryley2637 Win User

Can't Ping VPN Server or Access Shares While Using VPN

I've been dealing with this issue for hours now and have tried everything I can think of. I have a Windows 10 Home PC that I have an incoming VPN connection on. I can connect to it, but if the firewall is enabled, I can't ping it or access the shares. If I turn the firewall off I CAN ping and access shares. It was working fine yesterday and I don't remember doing anything to cause this. I've tracked it down to being something with my Public networks. When I disable the firewall on public networks (the VPN adapter) I can ping, but once I enable that it stops pinging. I've tried everything listed below but still can't get it to work:

• Checked port 1723 is open
    • Allowed EVERYTHING with a firewall rule, through it
    • Checked multiple devices on another Wi-Fi network and 3G with a phone
    • Restarted PC; other devices and router
    • I can ping every other device on my network besides the one creating the VPN (which is the one I need)
    • and so many other steps.
    • Made sure file and printer sharing were enabled in network and sharing center

Is there some other rule that got removed from the firewall I need to re-add? Any help or tips would be appreciated!

ryley2637, Sep 26, 2022
  3. Tyler_573 Win User
    VPN Connection Issues

I can ping the remote. service on my laptop fine. However cant connect the vpn due to Error 800. I am able to connect my desktop to the same remote. vpn and it all works fine.

Any Suggestions?

Tyler_573, Sep 26, 2022
  4. aj99000 Win User

Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

No Internet Connection When VPN Is Connected

This particular issue has been going on for almost a month now. My companies IT department is still trying to figure out the root cause. Below is a list of isolation / troubleshooting i've done.

Issue: Once connected to the work VPN (successfully) the internet connection on the Windows 10 machine disconnects and does not allow any network traffic.

OS: Windows 10 Home - Version: 1909 (OS Build 18363.476)

Computer: Razor Blade 2019

- Latest drivers installed

- Latest Windows updates installed

- System Wide issue

Troubleshooting / Isolation

• Cellular Data: Verified the Windows machine can connect to a hotspot and successfully browse the internet. (No VPN involved)

• Cellular Data + Work VPN: Verified the Windows machine can connect to the hotspot & successfully connect to work VPN and successfully browse the internet.

• Home WiFi: Verified Windows machine can connect to the home wifi network and successfully browse the internet (No VPN involved)

• Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified Windows machine can connect to home WiFi. It can successfully connect to work VPN. However once the work VPN is connected, the home WiFi network indicates (No Internet Access)

• Ping Test + Work VPN: Verified I can successfully ping (work) websites and even the work VPN URL successfully without any packet loss. However once I go to ping (non-work) related addresses like google.com, apple.com etc. there is packet loss.

At this point I decided to test my work VPN on my iPhone & Apple Mac.

• iPhone: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the iPhone successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

• Mac: Home WiFi + Work VPN: Verified the Mac successfully connects to home WiFi network and the work VPN and can successfully browse the internet.

Isolated: Only the Windows machine seems to be affected. I even verified this issue occurs on multiple Windows user accounts on the Windows 10 machine.

- Windows 10 is fully updated to the latest November Windows 10 update and issue persists

- Deleted and Added the VPN configuration several times and issue persisted.

Third Party VPN Client Test: Tested with Nord VPN and the Windows machine successfully connected to the home WiFi network & the Nord VPN connection successfully connected to a random server and successfully browsed the internet.

- Disabled IPV6 on VPN & WiFi network configuration (Per IT Support guidance) and issue persisted

*Currently updating to Windows 10 Insider Preview 19033.1 (vb_release) to see if this might fix anything pertaining to Windows 10 VPN.

Thanks for any additional guidance / suggestions / help that the community offers.

aj99000, Sep 26, 2022
Thema:

Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

1. Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection - Similar Threads - able ping successful

2. Windows built in VPN connected successfully but not able to access local servers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows built in VPN connected successfully but not able to access local servers: Hi,I have Windows 10 machine and connecting using Built-in VPN successfully, but unable to access any local machines and server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-built-in-vpn-connected-successfully-but/f20755ad-6897-47c3-95f6-8047834f745b
  3. Windows built in VPN connected successfully but not able to access local servers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows built in VPN connected successfully but not able to access local servers: Hi,I have Windows 10 machine and connecting using Built-in VPN successfully, but unable to access any local machines and server. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-built-in-vpn-connected-successfully-but/f20755ad-6897-47c3-95f6-8047834f745b
  4. Windows built in VPN connected successfully but not able to access local servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows VPN - Can connect and ping VPN server but cannot ping any other devices on remote LAN: I've set up a VPN in Windows exploiting the "Incoming connection" feature and a DDNS service no-ip.com.Follows my configuration:- Remote LAN vpn server LAN:192.168.1.0/24 router IP 192.168.1.1VPN server pc static 192.168.1.50PPP interface 192.168.10.1- VPN connection settings...
  6. Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection: Hi, I connect to my network through SSL VPN and can access differenr windows server, windows 10 except 1 windows 10 machine. Firewall is disable on the 3 profiles.What can be the root problem or which setting should be checked? When I am on my LAN I can ping it, can RDPit,...
  7. Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection

Not able to ping win 10 after successful VPN connection: Hi, I connect to my network through SSL VPN and can access differenr windows server, windows 10 except 1 windows 10 machine. Firewall is disable on the 3 profiles.What can be the root problem or which setting should be checked? When I am on my LAN I can ping it, can RDPit,...
  8. Windows 11 VPN connect after successfully connected disconnection won't connect again to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 VPN connect after successfully connected disconnection won't connect again to...: In Windows 11, MS VPN connect after successfully connected disconnection, won't connect again to same or another VPN. Message says, I must check network, but only successfully connect is posible after restart PC. Same problem I have with another computer with windows 10...
  9. Windows 11 VPN connect after successfully connected disconnection won't connect again to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 VPN connect after successfully connected disconnection won't connect again to...: In Windows 11, MS VPN connect after successfully connected disconnection, won't connect again to same or another VPN. Message says, I must check network, but only successfully connect is posible after restart PC. Same problem I have with another computer with windows 10...
  10. VPN there is ping but no data

VPN there is ping but no data: When this happens I just restart the router and it works again. But i want to find a more stable solution for this Instead of restarting the router https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vpn-there-is-ping-but-no-data/0068a27e-987b-487f-b526-ade5fce19c3b