Windows 10: Not able to remove Local Disk L:

Discus and support Not able to remove Local Disk L: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi As you can see I have a L: disk that is connected to nothing I need to remove it, and have no idea how I can do this... Thanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Harrie Barron, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Not able to remove Local Disk L:

Not able to remove Local Disk L: 46fcad1a-5ac2-4d92-83ab-426c5d9ea09d?upload=true.jpg

Hi

As you can see I have a L: disk that is connected to nothing I need to remove it, and have no idea how I can do this...

Thanks

:)

Harrie Barron, Jun 12, 2019

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jun 12, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    local disk f

This looks like the F: drive is the EFI partition having a size of 300MB. Open Admin Command (Win+X->Command Prompt (Admin)) and type:
    diskpart
    select disk 0
    list partition =====> take a note of the partition # having 300MB. My guess is partition 2
    select partition # =====> replace # with the number in step above
    remove =====> remove the drive letter
    exit

This should remove the drive letter and won't show up in "This PC"

P.S
    do not delete this partition, you won't be able to boot.

topgundcp, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Airider Win User

Not able to remove Local Disk L:

why do 2 Local Disks get isolated?

This HP has a new SSD. I just now found this and wonder if it is stupids and/or dangerous to try <

"How to delete EFI partition with Diskpart

Step 1. Hit "Windows Key + R to open the run dialogue box, enter "diskpart" and click "OK" to open a black command prompt window.
    Step 2. Type "list disk" to display all the disks of your computer. Type "select disk n" to identify which disk you need to work with. Here n stands for the disk letter.
    Step 3. Type "list partition" to display all the volumes on the hard drive. Type "select partition n" to identify which partition you want to remove. Here n stands for the volume letter.
    Step 4. Type "delete partition override" to remove the EFI partition. Finally, type "exit" to close the windows when you receive the message says, DiskPart successfully deleted the selected partition"

just for a better understanding, but not wanting to complete it, I took these steps >

Not able to remove Local Disk L: [​IMG]

in this context >

Not able to remove Local Disk L: [​IMG]

so C: should be using 70GB I assume (461- 391)

Am sure my lack of expert knowledge is showing!

Airider, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Not able to remove Local Disk L:

1. Not able to remove Local Disk L: - Similar Threads - able remove Local

2. File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management: I did some testing with a USB connected hard drive, using it to restore a 4 partition Macrium Reflect backup. One partition was without a drive letter. I used PowerShell to assign a drive letter, L:, to make the contents visible.Since that time, I discovered that with the...
  3. File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer shows a Local Disk L:\ but is not listed in Disk Management: I did some testing with a USB connected hard drive, using it to restore a 4 partition Macrium Reflect backup. One partition was without a drive letter. I used PowerShell to assign a drive letter, L:, to make the contents visible.Since that time, I discovered that with the...
  4. Removed Local Disk Operating System

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed Local Disk Operating System: I did something that really really scares me because i don’t know if i can revert this or recover this.I was trying to remove permissions off a user account on my pc. I somehow removed all permissions at all from the pc. I cant access my local disk c on at all. it says it’s...
  5. Removed Local Disk Operating System

Removed Local Disk Operating System: I did something that really really scares me because i don’t know if i can revert this or recover this.I was trying to remove permissions off a user account on my pc. I somehow removed all permissions at all from the pc. I cant access my local disk c on at all. it says it’s...
  6. Removed Local Disk Operating System

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Not able to remove language locale in winodws 10

Not able to remove language locale in winodws 10: I've already added a Chinese locale from the region and administrative language setting for showing the Chinese language in cmd but nowadays I can not remove this locale even after changing it to the United States and restarting pc. Even language preferences do not show up in...
  8. Not able to remove language locale in winodws 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to remove language locale in winodws 10: I've already added a Chinese locale from the region and administrative language setting for showing the Chinese language in cmd but nowadays I can not remove this locale even after changing it to the United States and restarting pc. Even language preferences do not show up in...
  9. Not able to remove language locale in winodws 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. how change converted removable disk to Local disk, Back to removable?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how change converted removable disk to Local disk, Back to removable?: I wanted to install windows on my removable HDD then I changed my mind and it's now 2 partitions, how to change it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-change-converted-removable-disk-to-local-disk/403adf11-06f1-4d9f-bb25-722388f25c04