Windows 10: Not able to reset pc...need help

Discus and support Not able to reset pc...need help in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; . submitted by /u/jojo225area51 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jateda/not_able_to_reset_pcneed_help/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jojo225area51, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Not able to reset pc...need help

/u/jojo225area51, Oct 13, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Oct 13, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    No "Reset This PC" option

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

For better clarity, it would be great if you can help us with the details requested below:

• Where exactly are you looking for the Reset this PC option?
    • Were you able to successfully clone the drive?
    • Could you please provide more clarity on, “On original hard disk the WinRE recovery partition was last partition. On new hard disk that partition had moved to first position”?
    • Were you able to get the Reset this PC option by following the steps mentioned in the article provided by you?

If you wish to reset the PC, there are multiple ways to do it. You may want to refer the steps mentioned in the article

Reset or reinstall Windows 10

However, please reply with the details requested above to help you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 13, 2020
  4. Not able to reset pc...need help

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 13, 2020
Thema:

Not able to reset pc...need help

1. Not able to reset pc...need help - Similar Threads - able reset need

2. need help with resetting my PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    need help with resetting my PC: i checked in the setting for the things needed to reset and i found that i need a external usb drive and a bitlocker recovery key, i checked my account for the recovery key and it says that bitlocker is off so for the installation media should i choose upgrade this pc or...
  3. need help with reseting my PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help with reseting my PC: i checked in the settings for the things needed to reset and i found that i need a external usb drive and a bitlocker recovery key, i checked my account for the recovery key and it says that bitlocker is off so for the installation media should i choose upgrade this pc or...
  4. Need help resetting pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need help resetting pc: My computer connects to my keyboard and makes noise like it's in the login screen but it can't seem to connect to my monitor after my recent driver installation. I need a way to roll it back or factory reset it I'll do anything to get it working again....
  5. help needed resetting pc

help needed resetting pc: I tried resetting my pc today because its performance dropped for unknown reasons (i have an i7 7700k and a gtx 1070 ti so the performance shouldnt be the problem) and so i tried resetting and i have done it before due to the same reasons and it always worked perfectly fine....
  6. Need help with resetting PC

Need help with resetting PC: I can't do anything to reset my PC. I've tried going back to a restore point, and I was met with an error about my files being corrupted. I tried running sfc /scannow in an elevated command prompt, and I got an error that the Windows Resource Protection could not perform the...
  7. Resetting my pc (help needed)

Resetting my pc (help needed): Hello all, basically I’ve looked up pc resetting and what each feature does. I’m just a little confused on when it says reset pc and keep personal files, what are these personal files. Are those files like my progress and cosmetic items in steam or origin let’s say. Also...
  8. Need help resetting pc to factory

Need help resetting pc to factory: I’m selling it and it says couldn’t reset nothing was changed no error code submitted by /u/imnotafuckboidrip [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkmg3p/need_help_resetting_pc_to_factory/
  9. Resetting My Pc But Need Help

Resetting My Pc But Need Help: Hi There I Am Nirav.I Am Having A Windows 10 Pro 64Bit Os In My PC I Have Purchased Windows 10 Pro Key From Local Market And I Registered That Key To My PC Under Setting -->Update & Security -->Activation . It's Almost 8 To 9 Months That I Have Purchased This It's Working...
  10. PC reset stuck at 99% need help

PC reset stuck at 99% need help: Hello, on March 17, 2:30 pm I started a PC reset. I choose to completely wipe both of my hard drives, 2TB hdd and 128 GB ssd (I chose the option that was most secure). I did this because I believed there was a virus that had infected my computer that I could not find. I kept...