Windows 10: Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

Discus and support Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, Decided to start using my father's laptop and had the password so everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it decided it only wants a PIN that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mike.costa.mc, May 31, 2023.

1. Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

Hello, Decided to start using my father's laptop and had the password so everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it decided it only wants a PIN that I don't have. Is there a way to just reinstall a fresh Windows install or just use the password?Thanks!

:)

mike.costa.mc, May 31, 2023
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Windows 10 PIN Sign-in

Hi Pat,

It is possible that the PIN set in an earlier build does not work after reinstalling Windows 10. To better assist you, we'd like clarify few things:

• Which build and version of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using before reinstalling Windows?
    • Have you tried resetting your PIN?
    • Did you get any error messages after you verified the PIN you entered?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how you can reset your PIN.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 31, 2023
  3. rincollc Win User
    windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law

Late father in law computer, i did not know logon or password
    it had windows 8 home i purchased upgrade to winpro10
    still has his microsfot name listed as owner of software from 2004
    this does not allow me to use rdt
    how to change software owner ship to my name?
    Version 2004 (os build 19041.746

rincollc, May 31, 2023
  4. Ginny89 Win User

Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

No longer able to use PIN on laptop

Hi.

I am able to use my PIN on my tablet and my phone. However, I can no longer use my PIN when signing in on my laptop. It has been many months since I was last able to use it on my laptop. When I select the PIN option now on my laptop, it says I am unable
    to log in this way due to your setup settings. I am unsure what steps to be able to use my PIN again on my laptop. I really, really do not want to use a new PIN if at all possible

Best regards,

Ginny89, May 31, 2023
Thema:

Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

1. Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop. - Similar Threads - able reset PIN

2. My father died. Left usernames and PINs but forgot to leave MS PIN to his laptop for needed...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My father died. Left usernames and PINs but forgot to leave MS PIN to his laptop for needed...: My father left instructions for his final affairs, including a comprehensive list of all his usernames and passwords. Unfortunately, when he upgraded to Windows 11, he didn't think to leave the PIN it made him establish. Without it, we cannot access his laptop, which is the...
  3. My father died. Left usernames and PINs but forgot to leave MS PIN to his laptop for needed...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My father died. Left usernames and PINs but forgot to leave MS PIN to his laptop for needed...: My father left instructions for his final affairs, including a comprehensive list of all his usernames and passwords. Unfortunately, when he upgraded to Windows 11, he didn't think to leave the PIN it made him establish. Without it, we cannot access his laptop, which is the...
  4. Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.

Not able to reset PIN or reinstall Windows on late Father's laptop.: Hello, Decided to start using my father's laptop and had the password so everything was fine. Then all of a sudden it decided it only wants a PIN that I don't have. Is there a way to just reinstall a fresh Windows install or just use the password?Thanks!...
  5. Will I be able to use my Office after Windows reinstall/reset?

Will I be able to use my Office after Windows reinstall/reset?: I want to reinstall/reset my laptop due to some issues and I want to ask Will I be able to use my Office 365 which came with my laptop after reinstall?...
  6. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  7. I need to delete my late fathers account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to delete my late fathers account: My Father passed away in November and would like to close his Microsoft account - I don't need access, just need it closed please. I have his Microsoft account Login name he used for Skype, but I don't have access to his old email account, so cant recover a security code. I...
  8. I need to delete my late fathers account

9. Reset PIN to access laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Reset PIN to access laptop: I need to reset my PIN which i use to access my personal laptop kids hacked it. What does this error mean? I obviously have a PIN that works. When i click on the link to "fix it" i am prompted to log into another microsoft account my work account, i choose to log into a...
  10. windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law

in Windows 10 Support
    windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law: Late father in law computer, i did not know logon or password it had windows 8 home i purchased upgrade to winpro10 still has his microsfot name listed as owner of software from 2004 this does not allow me to use rdt how to change software owner ship to my name? Version 2004...