Windows 10: not able to reset windows after 86%...

Discus and support not able to reset windows after 86%... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to get rid of my windows laptop but it wont let me. The reset is stuck at 86% forever and I am no means going to show a red face to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BalakumaranSugumar, Dec 2, 2019.

1. not able to reset windows after 86%...

I am trying to get rid of my windows laptop but it wont let me. The reset is stuck at 86% forever and I am no means going to show a red face to the end client waiting for my laptop.

Can someone sort out this issue for me!

:)

BalakumaranSugumar, Dec 2, 2019

2. November 2015 Windows 10 update stuck at 86%

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern installing the November Update as it stuck at 86%. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error code/ error notification with this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

For more information refer: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

not able to reset windows after 86%...

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

not able to reset windows after 86%...

1. not able to reset windows after 86%... - Similar Threads - able reset 86%

2. Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop: I was performing a reset on my laptop, it got stuck at 12% for about 6 hours so i was asked to hard shut down to open the troubleshoot option and start the reset again, when i tried to reset again it said that the reset failed, now i do not know what to do....
  3. 64 bit gone to 86??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    64 bit gone to 86??: my laptop a sony Vaio for some reason unknown to me has switched from a 64 bit to an 86 bit op. system I need to download an app asap from the store and this is how I found out that my system changed how can I fix this ? I need to get the app on my laptop asap as I have no...
  4. which program is better 64 or 86

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    which program is better 64 or 86: I'm finding that some drivers do not support 86proga=ram down loads https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-program-is-better-64-or-86/c6f65ce3-e54a-4bdb-b738-dec22e79b0bc
  5. Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 not able to login after reset. It is displaying Other User: Hi I recently reset my Windows 10 in Asus Vivobook S406U. After reset it is giving me a login screen as "Other user". In that, if I type my previous user id it is not working. I ran it in safe mode (pressing Shift and restart). It opened in Administrator I pressed...
  6. Windows not updating and able to reset or detect drivers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows not updating and able to reset or detect drivers: Hello, I've run into a huge problem on my computer that I have been trying to fix this past week I'm starting to lose hope that anything will fix my PC problem so i have come here to ask for help. Whenever I try to update windows or any drivers on my computer I get an error...
  7. Not able to reset computer

Not able to reset computer: My computer has booted up into the recovery mode, and I am unable to reset it. This happened after putting in a graphics card from nvidia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-reset-computer/122ca99a-7e45-4031-9b00-cc4789ca6170
  8. Visual c ++ redistributable 2015 (86)

Visual c ++ redistributable 2015 (86): I am trying to install Visual C ++ redistributable 2015 (86) and I get the message installation failed how do I get over this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/visual-c-redistributable-2015-86/95013826-1eed-4e83-b09e-785234a37e06
  9. Windows 10 pc installing windows stopped at 86%

Windows 10 pc installing windows stopped at 86%: I was going through health and security and I found out that I can clear some space on my pc if I restart it so I did. So the whole process for me took a long time when I clicked on it, it was just on 1% and then a few minutes later it started to uninstall stuff so I went...
  10. Not able to sign in after updating the windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not able to sign in after updating the windows: I recently updated windows 10 and when I restart my pc I'm not able to sign in my pc. Initially I have pin to sign in my account now it is asking for password and when I click for "forgot my password" then it shows the message "Windows couldn't connect to ProfSvc service ....