Windows 10: not able to reset windows after 86%...

Discus and support not able to reset windows after 86%... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to get rid of my windows laptop but it wont let me. The reset is stuck at 86% forever and I am no means going to show a red face to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BalakumaranSugumar, Dec 2, 2019.

1. not able to reset windows after 86%...

I am trying to get rid of my windows laptop but it wont let me. The reset is stuck at 86% forever and I am no means going to show a red face to the end client waiting for my laptop.

Can someone sort out this issue for me!

:)

BalakumaranSugumar, Dec 2, 2019

2. November 2015 Windows 10 update stuck at 86%

Hi Mike,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern installing the November Update as it stuck at 86%. We will help you with this issue.

Do let us know if you were able to see any error code/ error notification with this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to hard reboot the computer and perform the below.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software installed on your device and check for the updates.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

For more information refer: Windows 10 November update: FAQ

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 4, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 4, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

not able to reset windows after 86%...

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Dec 4, 2019
Thema:

not able to reset windows after 86%...

1. not able to reset windows after 86%... - Similar Threads - able reset 86%

2. BSODs - Not able to reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSODs - Not able to reset: Hi - need advice on a severe case of BSOD. Possibly as a result of virus? but no obvious source. Expanded memory hardware 2 weeks ago from 16 to 32, but this has worked perfectly fine until now. Anyhow - suddenly we keep getting a broad assortment of BSODs. Tried to reset PC...
  3. BSODs - Not able to reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs - Not able to reset: Hi - need advice on a severe case of BSOD. Possibly as a result of virus? but no obvious source. Expanded memory hardware 2 weeks ago from 16 to 32, but this has worked perfectly fine until now. Anyhow - suddenly we keep getting a broad assortment of BSODs. Tried to reset PC...
  4. Laptop not able to log in after factory settings reset.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Laptop not able to log in after factory settings reset.: So I wanted to clean up one of the laptops at home, so I did a factory settings reset. I clicked on save all files and started the reset.During the reset, the computer kept shutting off so I kept opening it and finally, after the reset is over, I tried logging in with the...
  5. Firefox 86

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 86: I just noticed when I sign into facebook it says permissions cross-site Cookies. these parties can use cross site cookies and site data while yous on this site. I never see that before. So is everything safe to use? I have enhanced tracking protection to custom. Here is a...
  6. Windows not able to reset and install updates after 0x800703f1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not able to reset and install updates after 0x800703f1: Hi all, It's been a while I've been struggling updating my Windows 10 machine. Windows Update constantly fails with the following error:. I cannot install system updates or drivers e.g. AMD or Intel ones. Let me go through the fixes I tried to take. I run countless times...
  7. Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours

Windows OS Reset stuck at 86% for several hours: I had to reset my windows os and kept all personal files. I started the reset last night and it got stuck at 86% after running smoothly, its the next day and its still at 86%. I dont want to turn off my pc because I dont want to lose all my personal files. Anyone know what...
  8. stuck at 86%

stuck at 86%: My surface is stuck at 86% of a download for over 3 days. After 2 days I have tried to shut it off and 2 hours later when I turned it on it is at the same place meaning blue screen saying working on updates 86% Don't turn off your PC. I do see that the 5 round dots are still...
  9. not able to reset windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    not able to reset windows 10: tried to reset windows 10 on my pc message says problem reseting this pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-reset-windows-10/3c24dc8c-18f5-485f-be6f-8234525c9daf
  10. Not able to reset computer

Not able to reset computer: My computer has booted up into the recovery mode, and I am unable to reset it. This happened after putting in a graphics card from nvidia https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-reset-computer/122ca99a-7e45-4031-9b00-cc4789ca6170

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset this PC stays at 86%