Windows 10: Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.

Discus and support Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. Tried online support help from Microsoft with remote computer control but only little could be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JBRatti, Oct 10, 2018.

1. JBRatti Win User

Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10.

Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. Tried online support help from Microsoft with remote computer control but only little could be restored. Already tried three times.

:)

JBRatti, Oct 10, 2018

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Oct 13, 2018
  3. laptop vista complete restore

Best thing I can suggest is backup any files you want and do a complete OS reinstall.

DonInKansas, Oct 13, 2018
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Oct 13, 2018
Thema:

1. Not able to restore complete backup in Windows 10. - Similar Threads - able restore complete

2. Restore complete system image backup on laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore complete system image backup on laptop: When I try to recover my data from a system image backup I made from an external hard drive in Windows Recovery, it says I need to create a disk. However, the issue is that I am doing this on a laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Aside from purchasing a portable one,...
  3. Restore complete system image backup on laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore complete system image backup on laptop: When I try to recover my data from a system image backup I made from an external hard drive in Windows Recovery, it says I need to create a disk. However, the issue is that I am doing this on a laptop that doesn't have a CD/DVD-ROM drive. Aside from purchasing a portable one,...
  4. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  5. Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?

Restoring GPO from Backup does not restore it completely ?: Hi,I have tested this several times, I make a GPO backup and restore it in a different machine and the backup does not restore the GPO completely. In particular the Network Manager List - Network Name Value is not restored, however, when I check the GPO after restore it shows...
  6. Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd: Hello I need help from restoring a backup windows server 2016 I have checked that it is successfully backed up on my external hard drive and this window appeared when recovering, I searched online and came up empty on what the solution any help reply would be appreciated....
  7. Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd

Windows Server Backup won't restore from completed backup on ext. hdd: Hello I need help from restoring a backup windows server 2016 I have checked that it is successfully backed up on my external hard drive and this window appeared when recovering, I searched online and came up empty on what the solution any help reply would be appreciated....
  8. Backup Windows 10 - backup not completing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup Windows 10 - backup not completing: I have a 2tb laptop with Windows 10. I am trying to create a system image and backup my important folders. I am using a Seagate 2tb external hard drive. I have several failed attempts at backing up because I receive a 'insufficient disk space' message. This is after...
  9. Backup and Restore completely fails to start

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup and Restore completely fails to start: It used to work but then something happened on my Windows 10 machine and now I can't backup at all (don't have external so I relied on this windows-7 leftover method to backup on an internal separate drive) My control panel looks like this now: Edit I can't upload an image?...
  10. Windows 10 Backup and Restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup and Restore: When I go to Windows 10 backup and restore page on my HP Notebook why does it show Backup and restore Windows 7 When I have Windows 10.Windows 10 was already preinstalled on this laptop when I bought it ?...