Windows 10: Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB.

Discus and support Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I receive the following screen at the last step of restoring a file. I am running Windows 11 and I have the Windows Task Scheduler App on my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Robert Brown1, Aug 6, 2022.

1. Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB.

I receive the following screen at the last step of restoring a file. I am running Windows 11 and I have the Windows Task Scheduler App on my computer but no specific tasks for Seagate setup

:)

Robert Brown1, Aug 6, 2022

2. Seagate Backup Plus Slim and Windows 10

I am able to backup my files using Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Windows 10 tells me my Seagate software is up to date. However I keep getting notifications to backup my files on the Windows 10 Notifications Board. Also Windows 10 does not allow me to add
    my Seagate Backup as an external device and seems not to be registering that I am already backing up my files to an the external Seagate hard drive. Any suggestions?

GraemeBarry, Aug 6, 2022
  3. T3r3saMc Win User
    Seagate Backup Plus 4TB drive with Windows 10 stopped working

My Seagate Backup Plus stopped working when I upgraded to MS 10. My Seagate Dashboard said the software (4.021.0) was up to date. My troubleshooter said the device was working properly. I FINALLY went to Seagate's website, which indicated that Seagate
    Backup Plus works with MS 10 ONLY for software versions 4.2.x or later. Soooo....guess I am out of luck with being able to use my existing backup drive.

T3r3saMc, Aug 6, 2022
  4. Tenforo Active Member

Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB.

Seagate Backup Plus 4TB drive with Windows 10 stopped working

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I will be glad to help you.

I suggest you to try this methods and check if it helps:

Check if the device is detected in Device Manager.

Follow the steps given below to check the status of the device in Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Seagate Backup Plus 4TB
      and right-click on the drive.
    • Select Properties and check if the device is working properly under
      Device Status.
    If there is a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark in it, then it indicates that there are some issues with it.

Method 1: Windows Compatibility Center

Check if the external disk is compatible with Windows 10.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/win8/compatcenter/home

Method 2: Run the Hardware Troubleshooter

You might be able to solve some problems by running a troubleshooter that will automatically fix some common issues with hardware.

Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/en-us

Method 3: Un-install the USB drivers.

Follow the steps given below to un-install the drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers and right-click on each
      USB controller.
    • Select Un-install.
    Restart the computer. This will re-install the USB drivers. Check if the issue is resolved.

If the issue persists, update the Chipset drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist

Thank you

Tenforo, Aug 6, 2022
Thema:

Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB.

1. Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB. - Similar Threads - Able restore files

2. Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Able to restore files from Seagate Backup Plus 4TB.: I receive the following screen at the last step of restoring a file. I am running Windows 11 and I have the Windows Task Scheduler App on my computer but no specific tasks for Seagate setup...
  3. 4TB Seagate HHD not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    4TB Seagate HHD not showing: My PC was recently clean installed because i was stuck in an auto repair loop and now im trying to connect my 4TB Seagate HHD, however the drive isnt showing up in BIOS UEFI, Device manager or Disk management....
  4. Seagate 4TB backup HD seems dead

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Seagate 4TB backup HD seems dead: I had an external 4TB Seagate backup HD for 2 to 3 years now used solely for Macrium. Never had a problem with it. Now my PC won't reboot without me unplugging that HD. It won't even show up in Explorer, or the 'safely remove' desktop icon. That tended to freeze if I clicked...
  5. Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Backup Plus drive always spinning: Dear forum members, I recently purchased a 4TB Backup Plus series external USB disco. The disk, unlike another Toshiba drive, always remains active, even when it is not used. The power management feature in Windows is activated only when the computer goes in stand-by. I...
  6. Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate Backup Plus not compatible for windows store: So i recently bought a Seagate Backup Plus Slim thinking i would be able to save some space for games on it but apparently the windows 10 Microsoft store is not recognizing it as compatible is this a pc issue or am i doing something wrong ?...
  7. Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Seagate T4 Backup Plus Hub: 7-10 days ago got this message on the screen [ATTACH] [ATTACH] Have looked on Seagates site, can't find a way to get past this, thinking it might be with Windows 10. Help....
  8. Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Upgrade from 7 to 10 and Seagate Backup Plus Drive: Am currently on Win 7 and want to upgrade to Win 10. I have a Seagate Backup Plus Drive with Memeo software built in. It is set to automatically backup all new files. In Win 10, will it do the same auto backups? Seagate says the backup drive works with Win 10, but the...
  9. Seagate Backup plus portable storage

Seagate Backup plus portable storage: I have a Seagate Backup plus portable storage. I have been storing things like photos and word documents on it. For some reason, when I plug it in to my laptop now, the laptop does not see it, the indicator light comes on the Seagate portable storage device but the laptop...
  10. Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10

Seagate Backup Plus and Windows 10: Hi, I am trying to install Seagate Backup Plus and do backup of HP PC - I keep getting repeated message "Backup failed- Some files are in use by another application or service" I've closed everything I can? Thanx in advance for any help ....