Windows 10: Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop

Discus and support Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was performing a reset on my laptop, it got stuck at 12% for about 6 hours so i was asked to hard shut down to open the troubleshoot option and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Manish_Manjunath, Oct 27, 2019.

1. Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop

I was performing a reset on my laptop, it got stuck at 12% for about 6 hours so i was asked to hard shut down to open the troubleshoot option and start the reset again, when i tried to reset again it said that the reset failed, now i do not know what to do.

:)

Manish_Manjunath, Oct 27, 2019
  2. meebers Win User

Supported phones for Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview

Your list confirms my phone is eligible, Lumia 521. The windows Insider App fails after ~ 15 seconds, restores data and gives me error 80073cf9. I trouble shot this and went thru all the steps mentioned on several websites including MS without any luck. Short of a hard reset, this is where I am now. Suggestions appreciated.

meebers, Oct 27, 2019
  3. sumasage Win User
    Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Ernie San Win User

Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop

Windows 10 is unable to complete shut down

We suggest doing these troubleshooting steps below:

Method 1. Hard Reset

• Shut down your computer.
    • Remove the cable and wires connected to your computer.
    • Press the Power button for 10 seconds to completely drain your device.
    • Check if there's any changes.
    Method 2. Shutdown trick.

• Press Windows key.
    • Press and hold Shift.
    • Click the Power icon.
    • Select and click Shutdown.
    Let us know the outcome.

Ernie San, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop

1. Not able to restore windows after hard shut down while resetting my laptop - Similar Threads - able restore hard

2. My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming: Hello, I have an ROG Strix. I've had it for about 1 year and I never had an issue; however, recently, whenever I am playing certain games Victoria 3 and BG3 my computer shuts off without warning nor error message. I thought it might be a graphics card driver issue since mine...
  3. My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop keeps shutting down while gaming: Hello, I have an ROG Strix. I've had it for about 1 year and I never had an issue; however, recently, whenever I am playing certain games Victoria 3 and BG3 my computer shuts off without warning nor error message. I thought it might be a graphics card driver issue since mine...
  4. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  5. Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop shuts down after a while when the charger is plugged in.: Hello, I have a Dell Inspiron-3567. I have been using in for 2 years, but recently when i plug in the charger it works for about 30 mins to 1 hour and suddenly shuts down. It wont turn back on unless I reconnect the battery and charger. I tried power draining the laptop but...
  6. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  7. Shutting Down Laptop while booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shutting Down Laptop while booting: Hey guys, i have problem on my laptop Asus TUF FX505DT. While booting the lap its automatically shutting down with a sound like ...knimm... After that i can boot the lap without any problem, its only occur only on first boot. and i think it occurred after an update, i am...
  8. Computer randomly shuts down - have to do a hard reset to be able to restart it

Computer randomly shuts down - have to do a hard reset to be able to restart it: Hi everyone, Here are the data I got form my computer. Can anybody tell me if one of these tells me that there was an shut down. And what I need to do about this reoccurring problem. Warning Waarschuwing 13-11-2020 12:18:03 BTHUSB 3Geen Warning...
  9. Issue while shutting down laptop

Issue while shutting down laptop: Hello, I recently from past 4-5 day have started facing an issue with my laptop. When I shut down my laptop, it now stays on for over 10 minutes white light on the right side stays on. I mean that that the screen gets off but sometime i can hear the sound of the fans...
  10. My laptop shuts down after playing games for a while

My laptop shuts down after playing games for a while: Since I have upgraded to windows 10 on my laptop, it can't run games for more than about 40 minutes. This thing didn't happen when I had windows 7. I think this is an overheating issue and from what I remember, on windows 7 I had to do some settings to solve this problem. Any...