Windows 10: not able to run as administrator

Discus and support not able to run as administrator in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; not able to run as Administrator. Why would they do this. I have 3 new Pcs ready to go to another os.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Tom Flint, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Tom Flint Win User

not able to run as administrator

not able to run as Administrator. Why would they do this. I have 3 new Pcs ready to go to another os.

:)

Tom Flint, Jan 28, 2019

2. Not Able to install, uninstall any software. Windows 10 Administrator password required for every action

Hello Amit,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

At this point, I suggest you to check if the user account you are logged into is an administrator account or not. If not, I suggest you to login to the computer
    Administrator account.

Secondly, I suggest you to check if there are any other user account in your computer with admin privileges.

To do so, open Advanced User Accounts Control Panel to check all the user accounts created in the computer. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key and R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter netplwiz

Kindly keep us posted.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 28, 2019
  3. Byu2 Win User
    Can't run command prompt as administrator windows 10 build 10 15063

Hi.

I tried create new profile, the same result, also same in built in Administrator account.

any suggestions?

4. angus Win User

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jan 28, 2019
Thema:

1. not able to run as administrator - Similar Threads - able run administrator

2. Run as an administrator...?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as an administrator...?: I have a program I'm trying to run on my computer, but it states that I need to run as an administrator. The computer is not a workplace computer, it is not part of a network, it isn't even a shared computer. This is MY computer, I own it. Why is this such a problem and how...
  3. Not being able to run as administrator any app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not being able to run as administrator any app: Everthing started after a very painful day using my laptop. i kept restarting it until the point where the screen blured. After a few minutes i got the error saying the extended atributes are inconsistent from skype. After that i gone to task manager and disabled skype...
  4. run as administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    run as administrator: How can I log in as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/run-as-administrator/646a029d-39ea-4540-9ce7-5da26d6fd2d4
  5. Not able to run cmd as Administrator

Not able to run cmd as Administrator: As i have activated hidden administrator by using the cmd "net user administrator /active:yes", but i have not set any password. Now when i login as guest account am not able to run cmd as administrator as when i try to run it as administrator, its asking to enter...
  6. Run as administrator

Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  7. Run as administrator

in Windows 10 Support
    Run as administrator: I had trouble opening an attached email file until I found a solution (on this forum) that advised me to run the email program as administrator. However, if I or Microsoft reboots my computer, that setting goes away. I don't know if it means anything, but when I log in,...
  8. Run as Administrator

Run as Administrator: How can I change my Windows 10 system so that I am the administrator for everything that goes on in my computer? I get this annoying message frequently: "You must be the administrator to run this application." Thanks...
  9. Run as Administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Run as Administrator: At boot up prior to my default person login can I log in as administrator and where do you sing in? Also every time I do the NET USER function for administrator when it reboots the only people I see at boot up are the two people with accounts. Where is administrator?...
  10. Not Running as Administrator

Not Running as Administrator: Hey all, anyone experiencing issues with Running as Administrator ever since the last W10 update? To overcome a printing error in Final Draft I have to run the program as administrator, but ever since the last update, the program simply doesn't start after I hit "Yes"...