Windows 10: Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut

Discus and support Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey, I've updated my windows 10 version 2004. Later I tried to run CMD.exe as admin, I didn't got any message or error, it just didn't open. I also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UriyaLB, Aug 31, 2020.

1. UriyaLB Win User

Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut

Hey,

I've updated my windows 10 version 2004.

Later I tried to run CMD.exe as admin, I didn't got any message or error, it just didn't open.

I also found this question and followed the suggestions, non of them helped:

https://social.technet.microsoft.co...start-menu-how-to-fix?forum=win10itprogeneral

In the event viewer at UAC-FileVirtualization I got errors from the time around the system update, here's one for example:

-<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    -<System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-UAC-FileVirtualization" Guid="{c02afc2b-e24e-4449-ad76-bcc2c2575ead}" />
    <EventID>2019</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreatedSystemTime="2020-08-31T15:15:06.6530539Z" />
    <EventRecordID>9</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation/>
    <Execution ProcessID="5876" ThreadID="5880" />
    <Channel>Microsoft-Windows-UAC-FileVirtualization/Operational</Channel>
    <Computer>UriyaLenovo</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
    </System>
    -<EventData>
    <Data Name="Flags">0</Data>
    <Data Name="SidLength">12</Data>
    <Data Name="Sid">S-1-5-18</Data>
    <Data Name="FileNameLength">104</Data>
    <Data Name="FileNameBuffer">\Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows.old\Users\Uriya LB\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps\MicrosoftEdge.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessImageNameLength">62</Data>
    <Data Name="ProcessImageNameBuffer">\Device\HarddiskVolume4\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SetupPlatform.exe</Data>
    <Data Name="Error">3221226105</Data>
    </EventData>

</Event>

can someone help me fix it? do i need to uninstall the update?

TNX!

:)

UriyaLB, Aug 31, 2020
  2. Joe9090 Win User

Running Programs for a standard user

Hello

You mentioned checking the the box 'Run as Administrator'

This is the opposite of what I require ,I wanted to avoid running programs as admin . By unchecking 'Run As Administrator' I am still getting an admin credential verification prompt

Any further suggestions ?

Joe9090, Aug 31, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    running DOS as ADMIN

I suggested that in post #4 but @bromberg doesn't seem to have tried it yet...

4. Try3 Win User

running DOS as ADMIN

I was trying to eliminate this as an issue to check through. It will be covered by my step B below.

Change the batch file's shortcut to include the log file output and then run it from the shortcut.

Your shortcut already has the run as Admin property set from what you have posted previously - if not then
    1 Right-click on the shortcut
    2 [check you have added the output to its Target field]
    3 Click on Advanced
    4 Set the checkbox for Run as Admin
    5 OK, OK
    Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut [​IMG]

Then you'll just be able toA double-click on the shortcut,
    B give Admin approval,
    C watch the Command window flicker then
    D read the output file in Notepad.- Remember to remove all the Pause lines from the batch file first or you'll just see the batch file's Command window hanging there.

There are more complicated ways of setting up a batch file to run as Admin [some of which have been discussed in this thread already] but, since you are just doing this as a temporary method of fault diagnosis, I do not see the point in doing any more work than is necessary.

Denis

Thema:

1. Not able to run programs in "Run As Admin" mode from shortcut - Similar Threads - able run programs

2. Run program as admin shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run program as admin shortcut: Hi , I have a program that is really slow loading for a standard user , but when I right click, run as admin - put my admin creds in programs loads fastSo I can create a shortcut to this program on desktop , that is always run as admin and the user doesn’t need to type in...
  3. Run program as admin shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run program as admin shortcut: Hi , I have a program that is really slow loading for a standard user , but when I right click, run as admin - put my admin creds in programs loads fastSo I can create a shortcut to this program on desktop , that is always run as admin and the user doesn’t need to type in...
  4. Run program as admin shortcut

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How to stop a program from running as admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to stop a program from running as admin: I have a program that runs with elevated privileges when I double click on the icon. I do not want it to run with elevated privileges but I have not been able to figure out how to turn it off.I checked the following places:1.Right Click on the shortcut -> Advanced -> Run as...
  6. Run a program without admin privileges from admin account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run a program without admin privileges from admin account: Okay, I found a thread with this same question, but he was using Windows Server, and so was told this forum was for home users. I am a home user, running Windows 10 Pro, but I have the exact same problem. I cannot run OneDrive.exe, as it says to not run it as an admin. Run...
  7. Run shortcut as admin greyed out?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Run shortcut as admin greyed out?: Hello, I have a specific Ableton project file that I want to run as admin, but I don't want to always run Ableton as admin. By making a shortcut of the project, I now have an extra tab in the Properties menu labeled "Shortcut", in which I have the option to run as admin...
  8. Run program from run dialog

in Windows 10 Support
    Run program from run dialog: How do I add a program to the registry so that I can type it into the run dialog and open it? 139393
  9. Programs not running unless run as admin

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs not running unless run as admin: So its like worst case . From 1 year i m from this problem . And from my experience i introduce that this problem ( application not running like edge , task manager , regedit an all unless they runned as admin ) occurs because of installing applications from d drive (in my...
  10. Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run programs as Admin from the start menu: [img] [img] After the 1709 update, i notice that i cannot do the above. anybody else experience this? It worked fine tho on my 1709 laptop. I tried running sfc /scannow , Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth , and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth to see if...