Windows 10: Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10

Discus and support Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10 in Cortana to solve the problem; I'm not able to type anything or search through any search bar present in any windows application. Be it Cortana, File Explorer, Search settings, or... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RaguRamanTB, May 4, 2021.

1. Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10

I'm not able to type anything or search through any search bar present in any windows application. Be it Cortana, File Explorer, Search settings, or even in the Start menu. I've tried out many different ways for this problem. This has already happened to me and I had to reset my PC to fix this. I guess the issue is with SearchUI which is missing in my system. And I also cannot find this Microsoft.Windows.Cortana package in the AppData>Local>Packages folder.Running Indexing troubleshooter - DIDN'T HELPChecking for updates My PC is up-to-date with all the optional updates installed a

:)

RaguRamanTB, May 4, 2021
  2. John Ado Win User
    John Ado, May 4, 2021
  3. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 4, 2021
  4. Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10

Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10

1. Not able to search in any search bar throughout Windows 10 - Similar Threads - able search search

2. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 can't type in any search bars: All of a sudden the search bar stopped working. When I click on it it sets focus and then looses it. I cannot search for anything even in the file folder search. I've tried all 10 things that are supposed to fix this several times each and nothing works....
  3. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 can't type in any search bars: All of a sudden the search bar stopped working. When I click on it it sets focus and then looses it. I cannot search for anything even in the file folder search. I've tried all 10 things that are supposed to fix this several times each and nothing works....
  4. Windows 10 can't type in any search bars

in Cortana
  5. search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders

in Cortana
    search bar in drives not working i am not able to search any files or folders: in event log recived this below error.Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 16-06-2021 13:23:16 Event ID: 1000 Task Category: 100 Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: FSFBBLRSW10993.DISHA.LOCAL Description: Faulting application name:...
  6. NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

in Cortana
    NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!: I've been trying to fix this issue for quite some time now. I've tried a bajillion videos and even official solutions FROM the Microsoft Forums, but my search bar still won't take any inputs from my keyboard. If you're thinking, Yes, my keyboard works everywhere else, just...
  7. Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot type into any field including search bar or Windows Explorer search bar: I uninstalled an update of windows as i was trying to troubleshoot a mouse connection issue. since the uninstall i have not been able to type into a search bar. I have tried several troubleshooting options on this forum with no positive results. one thing to note when i try...
  8. search bar windows 10 not searching

in Cortana
    search bar windows 10 not searching: Windows 10 did an update and now the the search bar at the bottom of the screen does this: a if I try to type in it, the window closes b the search box opens and is just black box with no information and the closes before I can type any information...
  9. Search box locked throughout Windows

in Cortana
    Search box locked throughout Windows: This concerns the following system: Dell Precision T1700 Xeon E3-1220 3.10 GHz 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro Version 1909 Build 18363.535 installed on 12/22/2019 The problem is that the search box is not accepting typed input in various places in the Windows 10 Pro OS: e.g....
  10. not able to type in Cortana search bar

in Cortana
    not able to type in Cortana search bar: I am unable to enter any text into the Cortana Search bar. When I see if its having a problem in the task manager it's not even appearing which makes me think its not loading on start. I am able to track down the windows search function and have tried to rest that but it is...