Windows 10: Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files

Discus and support Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, Please assist me to fix below issue. The concern is how do i find file list or drives list in red lines area when trying to import... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bibhudatta Nayak, Feb 17, 2021.

1. Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files

Hi Team,

Please assist me to fix below issue. The concern is how do i find file list or drives list in red lines area when trying to import the files from other installed application or from browser window. As you see below window snap shot i'm not able to see the folders or drives in red lines highlighted area.

Please assist me as soon as possible you have any solution for it.

Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files 3b18684c-4970-4cea-bc90-21f512b25247?upload=true.png

:)

Bibhudatta Nayak, Feb 17, 2021
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Feb 17, 2021
  3. AM*
    Am* Win User
    Uber file server build -- suggestions

Uber file server build -- suggestions?

I'm currently in the process of buying stuff for my file server build. Going to try and keep this build all in one thread this time.

Stuff already bought:

• Motherboard (socket 1155 H61)
      RAM (1600MHz)
      PCI SATA cards
      Operating System (Windows 8 + FreeNAS)
      SSD
      CPU (35w Pentium Ivybridge 2.6GHz)
    Looking for suggestions on:

• GPU -- use the on-die GPU or buy a PCI-E graphics card (was thinking of a 7750)? My only requirement is that it is able to run 1080p mkv files and play Blurays without a problem.
      Case -- needs to hold as many 3.5" drives as humanly possible (more than 10 at least), while not being too expensive
      PSU -- needs to be able to run over 40 SATA HDDs as well as 6xPCI RAID cards and 1xPCI-E 2.0 RAID card. Silver, Gold or Platinum?
      CPU Cooler -- fanless or not?
      Case fans
    That's all I can think of for now...unless I'm forgetting something...oh and one more thing -- I will be buying the hard drives two at a time as I run out of space. Also the PCI-E RAID card will be bought a lot later down the line, as I've only just got enough hard drives for 1 out of 6 of my PCI SATA cards.

Any suggestions, feel free to post. Thanks

4. dark2099 Win User

Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files

Generating a .txt based file list in Windows 7

I want to be able to generate a .txt file that lists all the files and folders in a specific folder on my PC, but don't know the name of any programs that do that. Searched on google a bit and came up with this guide, but it's for XP and I can't seem to find some of the folder options to modify the .bat file. Any suggestions? Thanks

http://www.theeldergeek.com/file_list_generator.htm

EDIT: The .bat file will do what I want if it is in the folder I want to do it in, but the option I want to add is having the right click option that it shows.

dark2099, Feb 17, 2021
Thema:

Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files

1. Not able to See The List of files or drive while trying to import files - Similar Threads - able List files

2. "Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files: Hello.While checking an external hard drive E which is showing as empty i.e. no Folders or Files on Explorer, I right-clicked on the drive and then clicked on the Previous versions tab. There it showed the same drive letter E so I tried the 'Restore' and 'Restore To' options...
  3. "Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files: Hello.While checking an external hard drive E which is showing as empty i.e. no Folders or Files on Explorer, I right-clicked on the drive and then clicked on the Previous versions tab. There it showed the same drive letter E so I tried the 'Restore' and 'Restore To' options...
  4. "Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files

"Drive is disconnected" message while trying to restore files: Hello.While checking an external hard drive E which is showing as empty i.e. no Folders or Files on Explorer, I right-clicked on the drive and then clicked on the Previous versions tab. There it showed the same drive letter E so I tried the Restore and Restore To options and...
  6. Important files in C-drive

Important files in C-drive: Hi there, Today my windows get itself updated. There are two folders in C-drive named "Windows.old" after the update taking a lot of space of my drive. Should I delete this folder or not? deleting this folder would harm my pc or not?? Experts please reply. Thank You...
  7. Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.

Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.: The file explorer doesn't show the thumbnails. I tried the fix that was suggested for all the others but the boxes were already unchecked and I'm still only seeing icons, not thumbnails. What to do?...
  8. External Drive File List

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Drive File List: Hello All, I wasn't sure in which community I should post this, so I apologize in advance. I have a few external drives, and I'd like to create a list of the files for each drive. I started creating an Excel spreadsheet, and manually adding each file name and location...
  9. file explorer--seeing drives

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer--seeing drives: When I open file explorer via right click on start menu, it opens to 'quick access'--frequent folders and recent files. I want to see my drives and partitions. A file and folder tree. While convenient, I'm less interested in recent files and frequent folders. I hate that...
  10. Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: Unsupported file format while trying to import minecraft world: My son was tasked with a "tech expo" project at school in which he chose to create minecraft world content and record sessions while doing it. At school he created his minecraft world and began building it - has worked on it for about a month. The technology teacher...