Windows 10: Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.

Discus and support Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The file explorer doesn't show the thumbnails. I tried the fix that was suggested for all the others but the boxes were already unchecked and I'm still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BeckyJohnson4, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.

The file explorer doesn't show the thumbnails. I tried the fix that was suggested for all the others but the boxes were already unchecked and I'm still only seeing icons, not thumbnails. What to do?

:)

BeckyJohnson4, Jul 1, 2020

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Photo thumbnail picture

Hi

File Explorer>Pictures>Open Pictures.

If Your Photos come up as just a List and don't show up as Thumbnails, look at the Two Small Icons at the Bottom Right of the Screen and 'Toggle' between them.

The first one gives you a List View and the other one gives you a Thumbnail View.

Or you could Click: View at the Top of the Screen and then you Can not only see your Photos as Thumbnails but you can also choose the Size.

Cyberdesigner, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Dgo47 Win User

Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer.

1. Not able to see thumbnails of pictures in file exploer. - Similar Threads - able thumbnails pictures

2. File Exploere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Exploere: Can anybody give me some guidance.I was surprised when I found where File History was storing some of my files. So I looked in File Explorer which I have used forever, it has me now a little more confused but only since I had OneDrive installed.I am finding it difficult to...
  3. File Exploere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Exploere: Can anybody give me some guidance.I was surprised when I found where File History was storing some of my files. So I looked in File Explorer which I have used forever, it has me now a little more confused but only since I had OneDrive installed.I am finding it difficult to...
  4. can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.: I would like to see the pictures as they used to show. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-pictures-in-my-folders-only-thumbnails/18aec8d4-7bce-42d6-a2fa-8037001a81ca
  5. can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.

can't see pictures in my folders... only thumbnails.: I would like to see the pictures as they used to show. thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-see-pictures-in-my-folders-only-thumbnails/18aec8d4-7bce-42d6-a2fa-8037001a81ca
  6. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  7. thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file

thumbnail pictures to show what is in the file: Hi peeps, please can you tell me if there is a way to save the actual picture in the file/folder, NOT the date and number or the description a thumbnail of each picture? I need to be able to see them all, so I just click on the picture to quickly file them or attach them.I...
  8. Not able to see the option to set up the picture password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Not able to see the option to set up the picture password: The option for setting up the picture password is not displayed on my windows 10. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-see-the-option-to-set-up-the-picture/0d90277e-9571-4603-b307-6fb08f729dbb
  9. Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Picture thumbnails not showing in File Explorer: Hi, I installed a Preview program for 3D files and now for some reason JPEGs aren't showing a preview. I installed SageThumbs, didn't work. Changed the thumbnail options in Folders, didn't work! How can I reset the image previews for files? Or at the very least JPEGs?...
  10. Picture thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture thumbnails: As I go through my Picture folders, all I get are little icons for the Tiffs, rather than thumbnails of the pictures. I am using Windows 10. How do I get my thumbnails back?...