Windows 10: NOT ABLE TO SELECT ANYTHING ON SCREEN AFTER STARTING MY LAPTOP. NOTHING GETS HIGHLIGHTED...

Discus and support NOT ABLE TO SELECT ANYTHING ON SCREEN AFTER STARTING MY LAPTOP. NOTHING GETS HIGHLIGHTED... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am not able to select the anything on my screen like files, folders, icons and even when I place my cursor on anything they won't get highlighted.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bvnpramod, Feb 20, 2019.

1. bvnpramod Win User

NOT ABLE TO SELECT ANYTHING ON SCREEN AFTER STARTING MY LAPTOP. NOTHING GETS HIGHLIGHTED...

I am not able to select the anything on my screen like files, folders, icons and even when I place my cursor on anything they won't get highlighted. this happens when I turn on my laptop and I have to restart my machine several times before it gets resolved. My laptop is 10 months old and I have been contacting Microsoft support but they are also not able to solve my issue. PLEASE HELP ME.......

Microsoft support people did a reset my pc, did a clean installation and so many other things but still, I'm facing issues. kindly help me as soon as possible.

:)

bvnpramod, Feb 20, 2019

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Feb 20, 2019
  3. OrbitzXT Win User
    How to disable a laptop screen?

Windows 7, right clicking the desktop and selecting screen resolution. I selected the laptop screen and under "Multiple Displays" selected "Disconnect this display", so now I have it showing on only 1 external monitor, nothing else. At this point I thought I should be able to extend to the other monitor, but when I do it gives me unable to save display settings.

When I try and do it from nVidia control panel, there are five options...Laptop Display + Monitor 1, Monitor 1 + Laptop Display, Laptop Display + Monitor 2, Monitor 2 + Laptop Display, and "My display is not shown in the list"

OrbitzXT, Feb 20, 2019
  4. N-Gen Win User

NOT ABLE TO SELECT ANYTHING ON SCREEN AFTER STARTING MY LAPTOP. NOTHING GETS HIGHLIGHTED...

Looking for help with laptop screen

It's quite easy to replace a screen, try to find a disassembly guide for the specific model of laptop so you have a step by step indication of where to take screws out and what clips to unclip. There might be some youtube videos as well. Always make sure the replacement screen is compatible as there can be different connectors.

N-Gen, Feb 20, 2019
Thema:

1. NOT ABLE TO SELECT ANYTHING ON SCREEN AFTER STARTING MY LAPTOP. NOTHING GETS HIGHLIGHTED... - Similar Threads - ABLE SELECT ANYTHING

2. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode: After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login option not available and also I can't setup my pin again.I have tried in safe mode with command prompt and other advance options...
  3. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode: After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login option not available and also I can't setup my pin again.I have tried in safe mode with command prompt and other advance options...
  4. Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window: I cant add pics as attached on this thread. idk why.My main problem is that when I select a window, the rest of the screen is dark/dimmed. I want the entire screen to be lit all the time regardless of which window is selected/highlighted. I do multitasking so it becomes very...
  5. Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window

Everything in the screen gets dimmed except the highlighted/selected window: I cant add pics as attached on this thread. idk why.My main problem is that when I select a window, the rest of the screen is dark/dimmed. I want the entire screen to be lit all the time regardless of which window is selected/highlighted. I do multitasking so it becomes very...
  6. My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything: My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-not-able-to-start-or-repair-or/76947b95-3110-45ec-a36c-f7d3d2a20ecb
  7. My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything

My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything: My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything else https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-not-able-to-start-or-repair-or/76947b95-3110-45ec-a36c-f7d3d2a20ecb
  8. My windows 10 not able to start or repair or anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Not able to download anything after I factory reset my laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Not able to download anything after I factory reset my laptop: As the subject says, I can't download ANYTHING after I reset my laptop except for Steam. Microsoft Edge is the only browser that works, google chrome doesn't work. When I try to download anything, it says that it failed and that I should check my connection, but I am already...
  10. typing anything in Start menu results in nothing

in Cortana
    typing anything in Start menu results in nothing: Today I did a disk cleanup to get rid of Update files that weren't needed but when I restarted the disk size was the same (It should have got rid of 12 GB) but my main issue is the start menu when I press the windows key I can type in 'Control panel' and get something but it...