Windows 10: Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

Discus and support Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 64 bits x64 - Build 19041.928Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1Related and similar issue post :... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ABOULEPEZE, May 12, 2021.

1. Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

Windows 10 Pro Version 2004 64 bits x64 - Build 19041.928Dell Latitude 7400 2-in-1Related and similar issue post : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hello-winpc/not-able-to-setup-windows-hello-pin/3810a71f-9ec8-4219-8a1b-9ae74d2256fbHello face sign in was smoothly and perfectly working for me. I'm not sure what broke the feature. It stopped working and I've got to reactivate it. However in order to use the Hello face sign-in option one needs to set up a PIN. However the dialog box that is di

:)

ABOULEPEZE, May 12, 2021
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Unable to setup Windows Hello, error: incorrect pin

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

May I know the complete error code or error message that you are receiving when you try to setup Windows Hello?

Do you have any other user account on the computer?

If yes, does Windows Hello work on that account?

If Windows Hello is not setup on other account, please setup it up and check if it works so that we can narrow down the issue for you.

I suggest to remove the pin and setup a new pin on the child account and check if it works with Windows Hello.

Please follow the steps below to remove and re-add the PIN:

• Press Windows logo key + I to open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Under PIN, remove the pin. There will be prompt to enter password, enter the password and removed the PIN.
    • After the pin is removed, please click on
      Add to setup pin for the account.
    • After setting up a new PIN, try to set up Windows Hello.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, May 12, 2021
  3. Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

I performed clean boot as suggested and it did not make any difference.

The PIN setup windows opened like before with no boxes to enter PIN.

Please suggest.

RajatPal7626, May 12, 2021
  4. Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

Hi,

The issue you're experiencing with setting up Windows Hello PIN might be due to a variety of reasons, and that is what we are going to find out. For us to provide better assistance, we would need you answer the following questions:

• What is the make and model of the device where you are trying to set up the Windows Hello PIN?
    • Are you using your work computer?

Looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN

1. Not able to setup Windows Hello PIN - Similar Threads - able setup Hello

2. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  3. Unable to setup windows hello pin

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to setup windows hello pin: I am unable to setup pin .Setup window keep's pop up every time after enter setup pin.There is no error message just pin not accepted.I have tried lots of option from internet nothing is working.Thanks.OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22631 Build 22631 Other OS...
  4. Windows 11. Windows Hello. We weren't able to setup your pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11. Windows Hello. We weren't able to setup your pin: I am trying to setup Windows Hello pin on windows 11 but i keep getting an error saying "we weren't able to set up your pin"I have deleted the content on the Ngc folder and restarted the laptop, but it still doesnt let me set up a pin. I have to always put my microsoft...
  5. Windows 11. Windows Hello. We weren't able to setup your pin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11. Windows Hello. We weren't able to setup your pin: I am trying to setup Windows Hello pin on windows 11 but i keep getting an error saying "we weren't able to set up your pin"I have deleted the content on the Ngc folder and restarted the laptop, but it still doesnt let me set up a pin. I have to always put my microsoft...
  6. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  7. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hello Pin Setup: 1 I signed in to my Microsoft account on my laptop;2 After restarting, I was required to set up a hello pin;3 The pin was required not to be in pure digit format;4 But nothing could be typed in except for digits;5 The keyboard was fully functioning.Could anyone please help me...
  8. Hello Pin Setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Hello PIN setup

Hello PIN setup: Having seg up a new Microsoft account on a new laptop, the laptop becomes stuck on the Hello PIN setup page - it doesn't allow me to setup a PIN and says there's a problem and also doesn't allow me to skip this process. I am unable to get past this and use the laptop at all....
  10. Windows Hello Setup Pin not working

Windows Hello Setup Pin not working: Me and my... friend are logging into Microsoft store with secondary accounts on each other's desktop computers. We both have pins to sign in. It prompts us to enter our passwords which we do correctly. It then says "Set up your account with Windows Hello". To continue, we...