Windows 10: Not able to share files over network after an windows update.

Discus and support Not able to share files over network after an windows update. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Before the last Win 10 update, my laptop could connect to my desktop and share files. Now it tells me my laptop is not authorized. What do I need to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cyotee831, Dec 3, 2018.

1. cyotee831 Win User

Not able to share files over network after an windows update.

Before the last Win 10 update, my laptop could connect to my desktop and share files. Now it tells me my laptop is not authorized. What do I need to do? Thanks for the help.

***Title modified from: Home Network ***

:)

cyotee831, Dec 3, 2018

2. SHARING FILES WITH WINDOWS 7

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Have you made any changes on your PC?
    • Did you perform any Windows update recently?
    • Are you connected to Domain network?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if that helps.

1. To share files over file explorer refer the following

article
    2. Refer article for
      file sharing
      over a network.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Can I share a network connection from a VM to the host OS?

hmm, i will assumer no responces = no, i cannot share it... lucky me, i finally got it to work in 7 with steps pretty close... Program Files > Pantech is where you will need to point windows to inorder to the card running in 7... though it would be nice to be able to share hardware and network connections from a VM to the host PC...

beyond_amusia, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Not able to share files over network after an windows update.

Block File sharing in Wifi network, Windows 10

Hi Lori,

As per the description, I understand that you want to block file sharing on your Wi-Fi network. I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on Start and select Control Panel.
    • Change the view type to Large Icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing center.
    • In the left navigation pane, click on Advanced sharing center.
    • In the right pane, under Files and printer sharing, select the option:
      Turn off file and printer sharing.
    • Restart the system and check for status.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Not able to share files over network after an windows update.

1. Not able to share files over network after an windows update. - Similar Threads - able share files

2. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  3. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Steps to Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: These steps needs to be done on each Windows PC...
  4. File sharing over a network in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File sharing over a network in Windows 10: File sharing over a network in Windows 10 allows you to share files and folders on your computer with other users over a private or public network in your workgroup or domain. Step 1: Set Up File Sharing on a Windows PCNote: This option needs to be done on each Windows PC you...
  5. File Sharing Over a local network

File Sharing Over a local network: I am trying to access my old PC which is on my home network. The system is detected but when I click it it asks for credentials and will not accept my Microsoft password. I use the same account to sign into both systems and it works fine to sign in to either one individually...
  6. File sharing over private network

File sharing over private network: How do I enable password protected sharing only for public networks? I want to achieve free sharing for all computers on the private network no passwords necessary, but prevent any sharing on public networks. Is this impossible?...
  7. Problems sharing files over network

Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  8. Problems sharing files over network

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems sharing files over network: I have Windows 10 on a laptop and am trying to connect to a Windows 7 machine. Password sharing is turned off, it's set to share with everyone on the 7 machine. I can see it on the network, and see the folders, but I when I try to open one it says I don't have permission....
  9. File sharing over a home network

File sharing over a home network: Hello, By following instructions from this site for sharing files on my home network, which has two computers on it, I have been able to share files from one computer, a laptop connected to the network, with a desktop computer on the same network. I have not been able to...
  10. Unable to share files over Network

Unable to share files over Network: Unable to share files over Network I'm wondering if the requirement to log in is what's preventing me sharing on my network - on which 4 other laptops running Windows 10 are all happily communicating with the same sharing permissions as I've set up on this one. When I try...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot connect to file share after windows update