Windows 10: Not able to shrink logs in Always On

Discus and support Not able to shrink logs in Always On in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Folks, I am facing an issue on one of our Always On SQL Server Log backups are configured on secondary node I am trying to shrink the log files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Yashrox24, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Yashrox24 Win User

Not able to shrink logs in Always On

Hi Folks,

I am facing an issue on one of our Always On SQL Server

Log backups are configured on secondary node

I am trying to shrink the log files on primary server but it is not shrinking.

when i checked log_reuse_wait_desc then it is showing AVAILABILTY_REPLICA, estimated recovery time it is showing approx 27000 second sand keep on increasing.

Always On is configured with Asynchronous Mode

Any thought how to resolve this issue

:)

Yashrox24, Jan 4, 2021

2. AMD to Give 20 nm Optical Shrinks to Console SoCs First

Xbox 360 technical specifications - Wikipedia

Scroll down to list of revisions. Die shrinks are not consumer relevant with consoles. They bring no performance changes because consistency is the entire point of them. Unless you're batshit crazy Nintendo that is, then you get the "new 3DS" half step BS.

LAN_deRf_HA, Jan 4, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 4, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Not able to shrink logs in Always On - Similar Threads - able shrink logs

2. Not able to shrink C: drive beyond 1.4GB?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to shrink C: drive beyond 1.4GB?: I'm trying to create unallocated space by shrinking the C: drive. However when I try to do so it shows that the maximum amount is 1.4GB even though I have 92GB of free space. See image: https://imgur.com/a/CbHzuAz Looking at windows log I see the following error: A volume...
  3. Not able to shrink C: drive beyond 1.4GB?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to shrink C: drive beyond 1.4GB?: I'm trying to create unallocated space by shrinking the C: drive. However when I try to do so it shows that the maximum amount is 1.4GB even though I have 92GB of free space. See image: https://imgur.com/a/CbHzuAz Looking at windows log I see the following error: A volume...
  4. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  5. Not able log in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able log in: hi I'm not able log in please help me , please respond if you know what to do that would be really helpful! thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-log-in/c746d1ff-e305-40c4-8f6e-cccde5b1a813
  6. Not able to log in.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to log in.: Screen freezes when loading. Error message - Critical Process Died. I was getting frequent screen freezes just before using a word document. Only one other applicating was running. I can not log in now. I can not enter my PIN to my MS account. Help....
  7. Always logged in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Always logged in: Hi, A few weeks ago I sent an email to a business I was purchasing something from. I clicked their "contact us" to send the message. Now every time I go to check my email on the msn.com home page, I'm logged into Microsoft all the time as well as my email account....
  8. log in with new user, not able to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    log in with new user, not able to log in: I made a new user account and they are not able to log in. the outlook account is valid https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/log-in-with-new-user-not-able-to-log-in/5f311638-1c9b-47b4-a35b-844dd09f3dda"
  9. not able to log in

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    not able to log in: I have a HP desk top computer and recently I am unable to log in. I get the home page but when I try to log in the screen just blinks and the log in bar doesn't even show up. Does this mean I may have a virus?...
  10. not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    not able to shrink C: even though there is plenty of space free: Some of windows system files got corrupted so i did recover it through recovery drive. Everything was fine until i knew that Windows C: is taking up 500GB of my disk space. I tried shrinking it but it's showing " available space on drive for shrinking : 0mb "..... Total space...